ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #4306
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Dearborn MI
Oddometer: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Ferguson View Post
Oh, my bad. I forgot that those screwdrivers are a one-time use tool.
No nastyness intended. I just don't buy into the JIC's. Sorry, Each to his own.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #4307
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion
 
BlueLghtning's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Oddometer: 5,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post
Did the first mod to the CRF250L Super Moto conversion (still waiting on the wheels and tires).

I put some 2" Rox Risers on the bike and I like the way it feels. 2 inches is about all you can do unless you address the wires and cables. The throttle cables are snug at full lock but they don't effect the throttle body. I plan on rotating the throttle 180 degrees and have the cables come off the bottom. I think I saw it done on this sight. Getting new grips so it should work.

I'll keep you posted.
Another guy earlier in the thread did 4" rise and posted pics!
__________________
BlueLghtning - Follow me on my SPOT Messenger
Mine: KTM 650 ADV (Katuki), 09 DL650, 08 Husky TE610, 08 WR250R
Hers: 07 Ninja 650R, 13 CRF250L
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:54 AM   #4308
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,598
M

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2013/...-unveiled.html
__________________
C14 - CRF250L, always cleaned while it's raining

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:15 AM   #4309
Dirtchuck
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: NY
Oddometer: 17
The acticle mentions heavier spring, Wonder how much heavier the front and rear spring are?
Dirtchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #4310
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,598
Found on Craigslist

Trolling, and found this, don't know anything about it: http://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/3738286222.html
__________________
C14 - CRF250L, always cleaned while it's raining

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #4311
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: New Zealand
Oddometer: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtchuck View Post
The acticle mentions heavier spring, Wonder how much heavier the front and rear spring are?
Very cool- I would like to know if the front/rear springs (but more the rear) would work as an upgrade to 250L? Might be cheaper than having to buy a whole new rear shock....
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #4312
easygojoe
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: State of Jefferson
Oddometer: 28
Just layed down a deposit

Hi everyone. I just layed down a deposit on my new CRF250L! I may have picked up the last one on a showroom floor in the state of Oregon from what I can tell. Every dealer I called said they have zero inventory till June at least!

$5054.50 out the door, with Tax and licensing and offroad sticker. I have to head over to Klamath Falls to get it, about ninety miles, but at least now I can officially be in the club here on this forum right? I'm picking her up next Saturday.

I am slowly reading through every page and post of the owners forum. I'm on page 80 of over 150 right now. I am very excited


Thanks you guys for putting so much knowledge and information on these boards for NOOBs like me to absorb and learn from.
easygojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #4313
Dago52
Adventurer
 
Dago52's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by easygojoe View Post
Hi everyone. I just layed down a deposit on my new CRF250L! I may have picked up the last one on a showroom floor in the state of Oregon from what I can tell. Every dealer I called said they have zero inventory till June at least!

$5054.50 out the door, with Tax and licensing and offroad sticker. I have to head over to Klamath Falls to get it, about ninety miles, but at least now I can officially be in the club here on this forum right? I'm picking her up next Saturday.

I am slowly reading through every page and post of the owners forum. I'm on page 80 of over 150 right now. I am very excited


Thanks you guys for putting so much knowledge and information on these boards for NOOBs like me to absorb and learn from.
Congrats and welcome to the club. My only complaint is that i cant ride it enough. There is tons of info here and on thumper talk.
__________________
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F the BEAST
Dago52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #4314
Darknessprevails
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: acworth,ga
Oddometer: 26
in the kindness of price shareing. got mine in Georgia for 4100 OTD tax tag title all the goods. no service plan no extended warn. i think i stole it
__________________
2013 CRF250l
Darknessprevails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #4315
ccooper
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: GA
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknessprevails View Post
in the kindness of price shareing. got mine in Georgia for 4100 OTD tax tag title all the goods. no service plan no extended warn. i think i stole it
Where at...that's a super deal! I'm in GA and thinking seriously about one of these bikes for my wife.
ccooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:30 AM   #4316
Darknessprevails
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: acworth,ga
Oddometer: 26
mtn motorsports there online price deal had the bike listed at 3800..idk if by mistake or not but worked well for me.
i was looking to find what was near there invoice price so what i do is a nation wide search on cycle trader that will give you a pretty good idea of what a real price fight stand point will be to start off at thats not msrp sticker.
__________________
2013 CRF250l
Darknessprevails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #4317
Darknessprevails
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: acworth,ga
Oddometer: 26
http://www.cycletrader.com/Honda-Crf...:asc&newsort=1


lowest price on cycle trader for nationwide atm is a 3,995
__________________
2013 CRF250l
Darknessprevails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #4318
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Spud Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknessprevails View Post
mtn motorsports there online price deal had the bike listed at 3800..idk if by mistake or not but worked well for me.
i was looking to find what was near there invoice price so what i do is a nation wide search on cycle trader that will give you a pretty good idea of what a real price fight stand point will be to start off at thats not msrp sticker.
I'm thinking they made a typographic error, and had the decency to honor it. Also, they didn't charge you any bogus fees! You got a super sweet deal, which will be next to impossible to beat.

Spud
__________________
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #4319
ccooper
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: GA
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknessprevails View Post
mtn motorsports there online price deal had the bike listed at 3800..idk if by mistake or not but worked well for me.
i was looking to find what was near there invoice price so what i do is a nation wide search on cycle trader that will give you a pretty good idea of what a real price fight stand point will be to start off at thats not msrp sticker.
Did you buy from the Marietta or Conyers location and how long ago? I'll buy one next week if they will do that same deal for me. I don't see any deal for this bike on their website now. Thanks
ccooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:16 AM   #4320
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gnath9's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Omaha, Ne
Oddometer: 271
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015