Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #4816
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,555
Hey Tony, what size Kenda 761 did you put on front? They look good and priced right.
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #4817
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
Nice - Where did you get the white plastic for it?
bikerzbits. They're in Thailand. Took me a while to find them, but it makes sense since the bikes are built there. If you place an order, be patient. Tracking may end in Bangkok, then stuff just appears at your door, or you may be able to track it to San Francisco and a week later it just shows up. I found the same to be true with Europe. Prices are pretty good.

http://www.bikerzbits.com/about-bikerzbits-store
IBA #47244
2007 R1200GS; 2006 DL650 V-Strom; 2011 F800R; 2013 CRF250L; 1995 R1100GS (sold); 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 dark (sold)
ADVBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #4818
Charleston
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86

Speaking of plastic parts, has anyone had their fairing melt behind the radiator fan? I was riding it pretty hard and the fan ran for quite a while but I never got any high temp warning. The fairing is now distorted.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #4819
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
Hey Tony, what size Kenda 761 did you put on front? They look good and priced right.
I think they were whatever the stock size is. I'll check for sure when I get home tomorrow.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #4820
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVBMR View Post
bikerzbits. They're in Thailand. Took me a while to find them, but it makes sense since the bikes are built there. If you place an order, be patient. Tracking may end in Bangkok, then stuff just appears at your door, or you may be able to track it to San Francisco and a week later it just shows up. I found the same to be true with Europe. Prices are pretty good.

thank you!

In Loving Memory of Cruzin2B 1953 - 2014
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #4821
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston View Post

Speaking of plastic parts, has anyone had their fairing melt behind the radiator fan? I was riding it pretty hard and the fan ran for quite a while but I never got any high temp warning. The fairing is now distorted.

Ours looks something like that, I thought it was from all the crashes when the plastics got tweaked. Maybe that fan does get it hot enough to warp the shrouds, looks like yours is pretty clean and undamaged so it's logical to think the heat did it. Maybe folks could add some heat shield insulation to prevent that warping if it becomes more common with something like this I've used on my Berg' to shield the tank from the header pipe.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006STT3QE/...SIN=B006STT3QE

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #4822
Buckshot77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Ours looks something like that, I thought it was from all the crashes when the plastics got tweaked. Maybe that fan does get it hot enough to warp the shrouds, looks like yours is pretty clean and undamaged so it's logical to think the heat did it. Maybe folks could add some heat shield insulation to prevent that warping if it becomes more common with something like this I've used on my Berg' to shield the tank from the header pipe.

I think I'll stick some reflective heat shield on the shroud to prevent it.
Gets so hot on the leg I've felt it and been surprised it hasn't distorted,now I know it will.

Cool, Nancy and I have the same rotopack
Buckshot77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #4823
Charleston
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post

I think that the heat shield is a good idea. My left side fairing hasnít had a bad hit yet. I checked that the radiator hadnít bent back which could have buckled the fairing.

The right side has had a couple of whacks and the last hit tore the fairing panel at the lower fastener. I was able to plastic weld it from the back side by making a series of partial depth tack welds with the tip of a soldering iron and then adding some filler from a polyethylene milk jug. The polyethylene didnít mix all that well (but it worked) so maybe the fairing is not polyethylene. I then smoothed over the crack from the outside with the soldering iron and now itís hardly noticeable.

I also kept losing the 2 plastic blind fasteners from the right side fairing so I finally replaced the plastic pins with stainless hardware.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #4824
Wargasm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
handle bars

Ok, odd request, I'm looking for a pair of stock CRF250L handle bars, they're going on my GSX1100. Tried them the other night and they were perfect on the big Suzuki, but alas the bike tipped over on the garage and tweaked the bars and now I really want another set. PM or email please, this thread grows afr too quickly to keep track of responses.
Wargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #4825
ryguy83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVBMR View Post

I'm guessing by looking in the site,you could order the white plastics to make our u.s. model like the white oversreas models? Just wanted to make sure...if soo, that would be awesome.i really liked the look of that honda white on the new crf250ls

-ry
ryguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #4826
Chris S
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
you could order the white plastics to make our u.s. model like the white oversreas models?
Correct. I bought mine in San Diego about 2 months ago (used) in all white and not a decal in sight.

Just converting back to OE red for selling.
May have white rad scoops, fender and silver seat to sell. PM me.

Ch
Old 05-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #4827
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 112
I fitted a pro taper CR high today...feels great so far. I had a small problem when fitting though, each control unit had a little piece of metal sticking out that sit in holes in the original bar, which obviously didnt work with the pro taper. A small hacksaw and 5 minutes later they were gone. A small strip of inner tube positioned in the unit keeps them in place.

How did others with aftermarket bars get around this? Drilling holes in the bars was the last thing I had in mind...

edit...ok I've had a little snoop & noted that some grinder the feckers off..and someone used self adhesive grippy thing....good luck to the next victim

Turk screwed with this post 05-20-2013 at 03:21 PM
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #4828
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
How did others with aftermarket bars get around this? Drilling holes in the bars was the last thing I had in mind...
I just replace my bars last week with a set of Renthals and I drilled the new bars for the throttle and the switchgear housings......no problems whatsoever.
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #4829
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
I just replace my bars last week with a set of Renthals and I drilled the new bars for the throttle and the switchgear housings......no problems whatsoever.
Other than ergonomics I bought the fat bars for their strength. I'm no scientist but I would have thought that drilling holes in them would comprimise the structure? It also limits switchgear positioning.
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #4830
RayMurdock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Question

I got stall problems coming down from higher speeds - close throttle, no rpms or sounds from the exhaust anymore and 2 out of 10 slowdowns ends hitting the starter button. Is there a method to increase the idle rpm?

( Open exhaust and dobeck EFI 2/2/4 - no airbox mods )
RayMurdock is offline   Reply With Quote