User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #4846
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
CRF250L Super Moto

I'm almost done with mine, well the wife's bike.

I'll post a full report once I'm finished.

Highlights:

You have to run a 110 tire up front because a 120 will rub at the fattest part of the Forks (near the seals). You do have to trim the fork guards on the inside because the tires will rub. You also need to route your front brake line around the outside of the fork.

With a 140 tire on the rear I still had some clearance issue with the stock chain guard (slight rubbing with the edge of the tire, the tire is winning!). With some creative trimming I can fix that. Or maybe hit it with a heat gun and reshape it a little. I need to make some measurements but you might be able to squeeze a 150 on the rear but that chain guard will need some serious trimming or removal.

I worked with Warp9 to get the correct spacers for the rear wheel. First set didn't work out because the rotor was touching the inside brake pad when I snugged up the axle. Once they shifted it over to the right a tad I had to replace the rotor bolts with provided Allen head screws for clearance. The Allen head is about .502MM away from the caliper mount. I'm going to check and see if they have a rotor with counter sunk holes and appropriate hardware. That just seems too close.

Besides SuperMotos being a hoot to ride I was also getting the bike down to my wife's inseam. With the front wheel swap and raising the forks up I moved the front down 2 3/4". With the rear I got a little from the wheel swap and the street tire has a little lower profile than the knobby. I used Soupy's lowering links on the rear so it is pretty close the same drop as the front. I need to recheck it but I think I have the seat height down to 32 1/4". I also raised the shock spring collars up. My wife weighs about 120 pounds.

I was out riding it around scrubbing in the new tires for her, it's a service I provide. Of course I look like a circus bear on the bike now. I'm 6'2" and 250 pounds. I didn't bottom anything out or rub the rear tire on anything while I was riding it. I was taking it down some nice back roads at a good clip.

I still need to cover the seat pan with a Low Seat Concepts kit (It's supposed to be 3/4" lower than stock but the foam thickness looks about the same to me. They said they do tweak the foam mixture to your weight. So it's probably not going to be that comfortable for me anymore. Looks like the hardest part will be cleaning off the remaining stock seat foam residue. They used a lot of glue on that sucker.

-Later
Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #4847
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
Sounds great! How about some photos?!
Auto-X Fil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #4848
RayMurdock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post
Where is the idle screw and what direction did you turn the screw?
It's hidden behind some factory paint - some pictures or article on this mod would be nice (hint to self).
RayMurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #4849
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,160
Quote:
Where is the idle screw and what direction did you turn the screw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayMurdock View Post
It's hidden behind some factory paint - some pictures or article on this mod would be nice (hint to self).

Would this be the screw you increased the idle with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post

Yesterday while removing the radiator to take in for repairs I poked around a little and it seems like there's a set screw on the throttle body you could adjust to bring the idle up a bit if you keep having the bike stall. Maybe that would help and something to consider it if still happens after the first service.

From page 153
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...23409&page=153

What's better than an LRP?....

TWO LRP's!!!

ADV FF Brandon stopped by last week for a beer and to chat, ( and help me wrench on a bike, thanks!) here's a couple photos of the bikes, and a comparison of handlebars with KX High/ROX risers and OEM.

Nice meeting you Brandon, love the black trim on your bike and I'm looking forward to riding once I heal up!
You sure weren't kidding when you said we have similar plates!

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 05-25-2013 at 02:18 PM Reason: photo and link added
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #4850
RayMurdock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Would this be the screw you increased the idle with?
Thank you very much - nice bikes btw!

RayMurdock screwed with this post 05-25-2013 at 01:37 PM
RayMurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #4851
Lost Rider
Roadie

Cool, glad you confirmed it since I hadn't actually touched that screw, I just thought it could help solve some folks stalling issue or was at least a good place to start without doing things that could have negative effects.

LostRider.com
Old 05-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #4852
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Turn the screw clockwise to increase idle? Or have I got that backwards?
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #4853
Lost Rider
Roadie

Yeah, loosen nut then turn set screw clockwise, or tighten to increase idle. You'll probably need to hold the set screw with allen key while tightening the nut back up. At least that how I've done it on similar FI bikes and why I noticed this on the LRP back in January when you were having stalling issues.
It shouldn't take much turning to slightly increase the idle, maybe RayM can give more details about the LRP since I've only done it on other bikes.

LostRider.com
Old 05-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #4854
Boismj03
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Ejk controller

I have a CRF 250 L EJK fuel controller. $175 shipped
I also have I a stock tail light assembly if any one is interested.

I've sold the bike.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #4855
Vspec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Emperor Racing skidplate install woes

Tonight will doing a dry run of installing my Acerbis MULTICONCEPT X-PRO Handguard Kit (I should have gotten white instead of black ), I also tried to install my Emperor Racing skidplate but ran into the following issue:

The rear mounting bracket needs to slide between the engine case and some frame gusset but it looks like the bracket (alu flat bar) is too thick and will need some serious convincing:

I will call them Monday but I was wondering is anyone here already installed one and if they rant into the same issue?

*Re-Edit*

Figured it out, the key is to insert it perpendicularly to the ground and then drop it back so it rests parallel to the ground.

Vspec screwed with this post 05-25-2013 at 07:54 PM
Vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #4856
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #4857
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Laugh

HaHa! I had the same "challenge" fitting my emperor racing skid plate!! I finally installed the bar by inserting it from the top side. Good to know I am not alone in my mechanical issues !!!!
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #4858
Vspec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
HaHa! I had the same "challenge" fitting my emperor racing skid plate!! I finally installed the bar by inserting it from the top side. Good to know I am not alone in my mechanical issues !!!!
I face palmed myself once I figured it out, logical yet not obvious at all. I wished the instructions would tell you how to insert the bar. Otherwise I can tell it will take any abuse I give it.
Vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #4859
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
I don't recall having a problem when installing my Emperor plate and I'm usually not good at figuring out puzzles! All I know is it's an awesome skid plate....the quality is top notch!
Harcomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #4860
Lost Rider
Roadie

Wink LRP Roots.

LostRider.com