Oddometer: 226
Lapchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #4997
sundey_rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
I use 705's on my KLR650...I think 705's in appropriate sizes for the 21/18's on the CRF-L will amaze you....hopefully you can find them in europe at the very reasonable $$ we get them in the usa...like $120 or less for both! Could you drive to Andorra to buy them? I remember a huge duty free bike store down there....years back though (1993).....
It doesn't seem like you can get 705's at all in Switzerland/Germany/France/Austria. But I am sure I will be able to find some nice all-weather street tires... good thing that in Switzerland we can basically put anything which fits and it will be legal. Not so in Germany, where you have to follow the list of approved tires...

P.S. The stock is absolutely adequate for my use in the city, but they are really uncomfortable during the short trips on the freeway, even if the weather is optimal. Past 90kmh the bike wobbles extremely. I mean, it gets you to the destination, but its not something you are looking forward to...
sundey_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #4998
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
I ride 120kmph on the freeway with stock tires regularly, and have no stability issues. Perhaps something else is going on?
Auto-X Fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #4999
Bighouse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I don't find the stock tires wobble at high speeds either.
Bighouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #5000
callison
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Kenda 270 Update

I've got about 700 miles on the Kenda 270. Overall I would say I'm happy with the tire, it does well on the pavement and dirt roads. I've run them in Pizgah Nation Forrest on the fire roads two up with my daughter and was pleased with the performance.

I went to PA to ride with my brother this past weekend. He rides mostly four wheelers, Friday evening I was taking one last ride around his property before heading out and clipped a piece of concrete, tore the side wall of the tire and pinched the tube. I was able to patch tube and get the bike back on the road for the next day when we went down on a friend's farm to ride some trails. Aside from being pretty impressed that the sidewall of the tire held up, the performance on the trail was rather poor. We were in a tight area and wasn't much room to build momentum to push through to the top. Once the tire started to slip the tread packed in and it was pretty much useless.

Eventually my brother and another friend were able to get the vegetation cleared out, I was able to start getting a bite. Below there's a quick video of the trail conditions as a reference for what I was riding. I know, the 270 isn't meant for this type of environment, I couldn't help but think I'd have been having more fun earlier instead of picking the LRP up repeatedly had I went with a 606. I was able to roost both my brother and our friend on my last run through for the day. Serves them right for laughing at me when I was getting the bike off the ground for the 100th time earlier.

As an aside, I'm impressed with the difference the EJK has made. With the area being so tight there was barely enough room to catch second gear before heading up hill. The LRP would pull up through second nicely without having to dip the clutch to bring up the RPMs to keep from stalling.

-- cory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMfemPiHa18

callison screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 12:02 PM
callison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #5001
jtbek
ADV990R

Oddometer: 35
Has anyone found a better gas cap yet? :) One that doesn't look like a reject from a cruiser?
jtbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #5002
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by callison View Post
I've got about 700 miles on the Kenda 270. Overall I would say I'm happy with the tire, it does well on the pavement and dirt roads. I've run them in Pizgah Nation Forrest on the fire roads two up with my daughter and was pleased with the performance.

I went to PA to ride with my brother this past weekend. He rides mostly four wheelers, Friday evening I was taking one last ride around his property before heading out and clipped a piece of concrete, tore the side wall of the tire and pinched the tube. I was able to patch tube and get the bike back on the road for the next day when we went down on a friend's farm to ride some trails. Aside from being pretty impressed that the sidewall of the tire held up, the performance on the trail was rather poor. We were in a tight area and wasn't much room to build momentum to push through to the top. Once the tire started to slip the tread packed in and it was pretty much useless.

Eventually my brother and another friend were able to get the vegetation cleared out, I was able to start getting a bite. Below there's a quick video of the trail conditions as a reference for what I was riding. I know, the 270 isn't meant for this type of environment, I couldn't help but think I'd have been having more fun earlier instead of picking the LRP up repeatedly had I went with a 606. I was able to roost both my brother and our friend on my last run through for the day. Serves them right for laughing at me when I was getting the bike off the ground for the 100th time earlier.

As an aside, I'm impressed with the difference the EJK has made. With the area being so tight there was barely enough room to catch second gear before heading up hill. The LRP would pull up through second nicely without having to dip the clutch to bring up the RPMs to keep from stalling.

-- cory

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMfemPiHa18
Link broken

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #5003
callison
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Link broken
good catch, thank you, I corrected the mistake.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #5004
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbek View Post
Has anyone found a better gas cap yet? :) One that doesn't look like a reject from a cruiser?
Still waiting for someone to post about the IMS 3 gallon tank. Why not get rid of the whole tank, cap and all?

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #5005
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustj View Post
Which Wolfman tail bag is that?

Cheers
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #5006
jjustj
cum petris et choris

Oddometer: 5,342
peak works well expandable

http://wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm?...&product_id=85

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #5007
Saleendude07
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Air box mod

Has anyone noticed any real difference by removing the snorkel? I dont really feel comfortable drilling any holes just in case I ever want to take it completely back to stock.

And are there still no aftermaket filters for this bike?

Thanks, SD07
Saleendude07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #5008
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleendude07 View Post
Has anyone noticed any real difference by removing the snorkel? I dont really feel comfortable drilling any holes just in case I ever want to take it completely back to stock.

And are there still no aftermaket filters for this bike?

Thanks, SD07
Yes, removing the snorkel combined with removing the spark arrestor made a big difference..when combined with the EJK tuner. These two mods were recommended by the tech team at EJK. They also recommended unclipping the O2 sensor, which I did as well. Unclipping the 02 sensor completely stopped my stalling!
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #5009
sundey_rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Did anyone else burn their left knee on the CRF? Today it was really hot and the fan was running high... I noticed that it was a bit warm on my left side where the knee touches the plastic and when I arrived home I discovered some rather huge blisters :/ Any tips how to avoid that?
sundey_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #5010
Buckshot77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
250L ride video

Kick @&$ ride from red rock down the mountain.
It's my IPhone taped to a mirror so sorry about the angle.
http://youtu.be/hw9BPJD9hbA
Buckshot77 is offline   Reply With Quote