Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #5026
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 96
here's something different for you guys, it's a video of me riding through Taxim Square during the Istanbul riots(well...during the day when most were resting). This was taken after the police withdrew from the square leaving it for the people. Barricades were erected at all points leading to the square using buses, bricks, construction material and whatever else was available.

Before anyone harps on at me riding on the pavements it's because there was something blocking the way, notice the pedestrians....none of them give a f*ck ;)

Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #5027
bdolnik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
here's something different for you guys, it's a video of me riding through Taxim Square during the Istanbul riots
Really cool video... thanks for sharing. Looks like you have the perfect means of transportation for that kind of situation. Crazy stuff going on over there, stay safe man.
bdolnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #5028
Vspec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Anyone installed the Emperor Racing luggage rack?

Since I find myself more than often in the woods (no rocky sandy desert like area here), at 12x12, I am afraid of it getting in the way.

If it wasn't so expensive to ship over the border, I'd get a Manrack or Nomadic.
Vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #5029
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vspec View Post
Anyone installed the Emperor Racing luggage rack?

Since I find myself more than often in the woods (no rocky sandy desert like area here), at 12x12, I am afraid of it getting in the way.

If it wasn't so expensive to ship over the border, I'd get a Manrack or Nomadic.
There was someone from Canada who posted an inexpensive way of getting stuff shipped from USA to Canada, I believe on this thread. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention, since it didn't apply to me. Do a search, or ask around. Good luck!

"I think I spent the dog food money, but he'll love me just the same. And if you really love me baby, you'll help me scrape the mucus off my brain". Ween
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 AM   #5030
Vspec
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
There was someone from Canada who posted an inexpensive way of getting stuff shipped from USA to Canada, I believe on this thread. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention, since it didn't apply to me. Do a search, or ask around. Good luck!
I am aware of the procedure, I just don't the time (1h each way) luxury to make a run for the border.

*Edit Mike at Manracks hooked me up! And now I wait.

Vspec screwed with this post 06-21-2013 at 06:55 PM
Old 06-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #5031
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
How's the valve adjustments on the CRF 250L?.Shim / bucket,screw type....nightmare to adjust?.
Some of the thinner shims that may be in use are recessed. Make sure you are measuring between the rocker and the shim. Not getting hung up on the spring retainer. I had to trim and bend my feeler gauges to fit.

sendler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #5032
Vspec
Adventurer

Handlebar clamp torque figures

I got my bikemaster 7/8 riser kit and plan to install it ASAP but I was wondering what are the torque numbers for the bolts?

Anyone with the FSM can enlighten me?
Old 06-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #5033
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,319
sendler, thanks very much. :) Now how to get these, or similar (tapered,angled, METRIC.)
How did you trim your feelers without stuffing them up? i mean, cutting them would distort the edges.

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #5034
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vspec View Post
I got my bikemaster 7/8 riser kit and plan to install it ASAP but I was wondering what are the torque numbers for the bolts?

Anyone with the FSM can enlighten me?
I looked it up, and it just says, "install the handlebar upper holders with the punch marks facing forward. Install the bolts, tighten the front bolts first, then tighten the rear bolts securely". I don't see a torque spec, so I imagine you could see how much effort it takes to get them off, then "install will be the reverse of removal". I think it was Ed@Ford who said that they sock the crap out of all the nuts and bolts at the factory, and I've come to find this true.

"I think I spent the dog food money, but he'll love me just the same. And if you really love me baby, you'll help me scrape the mucus off my brain". Ween

SAPB screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 09:25 AM
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #5035
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
sendler, thanks very much. :) Now how to get these, or similar (tapered,angled, METRIC.)
How did you trim your feelers without stuffing them up? i mean, cutting them would distort the edges.
I bent the last 7mm of the feeler gauge and then trimmed the width with snips to 4mm or so. There was only some slight knurling on the edges from the serrated snips which I flattened back out with the flat part of some needle nose pliers. They still measure to spec.
sendler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #5036
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Latest update to the wife's Super Moto

The missus requested a shorter shift lever for her munchkin boot. I ordered a stock CRF150 shift lever (24700-KPT-305). I think it was an R model but just match the part number. $21 Bonus: folding tip.

Of course it didn't fit. It required some adjustment in two areas. Nothing that a vice, hammer and a piece of wood wouldn't cure. I put the lever in the vice and then put the board up to the spline area and hit it a couple of times. That gave me the clearance from the engine. Then I had to bend it again to square up the toe part. I also rounded off the square end of lever near the toe.

I had some wood in the vice trying not to mar the finish but it slipped down and I had a couple of dings from the vice on the lever. So I had to sand it down and paint it, I know, it's a sickness. The wife suggested the color. I was going to go with black but it turned out ok. I'm going to try some shrink tubing (either black or red) on the toe part. I think I may need to raise the lever up one spline, will test it tomorrow. The plus side to this lever is you don't have to remove the counter shaft sprocket cover to take it off. Since the bolt goes in from the bottom.

Here is the trimmed and welded "foot" kick stand. I stopped by a local muffler shop and they welded it for me. I checked with a local powder coating place about doing the kick stand and they said their minimum price was $175. Looks like I'm going to paint it (I just hit the end with some silver paint so it wouldn't rust on me). OR maybe try my hand at a powder coating kit.

Vzuke screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 10:10 PM Reason: added text
Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #5037
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Oddometer: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
here's something different for you guys, it's a video of me riding through Taxim Square during the Istanbul riots(well...during the day when most were resting). This was taken after the police withdrew from the square leaving it for the people. Barricades were erected at all points leading to the square using buses, bricks, construction material and whatever else was available.

Before anyone harps on at me riding on the pavements it's because there was something blocking the way, notice the pedestrians....none of them give a f*ck ;)

Yes thanks for the vid Turk!!!
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
8lives smugmug
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #5038
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post

Nice looking! bet she gets a "kick" out of that .

what foot pegs are those? those are nice looking too. any idea how much wider they are than stock?

thanks, and cheers
08 Beta Rev3 125
tilliejacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #5039
Lapchik
Tinkeritis posterboy

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilliejacques View Post
Nice looking! bet she gets a "kick" out of that .

what foot pegs are those? those are nice looking too. any idea how much wider they are than stock?

thanks, and cheers
http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id/5020
Lapchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #5040
Lapchik
Tinkeritis posterboy

Oddometer: 151
Has anyone figured out a different gas cap yet? I don't want to paint the factory one, but that seems to be the only option so far.
Lapchik is offline   Reply With Quote