Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #5041
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
What use is that? it's still metal, heavy, and it is still a locking gas cap, which i don't like, after i had a car gas cap that gave me so much trouble.
Anyway, there is a solution, made in Thailand, a kit. Find Kcm Dirtrider on fb. Problem is, their English is so limited, and our Thai non-existent. i wish he would just sell stuff on ebay.

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #5042
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
here's something different for you guys, it's a video of me riding through Taxim Square during the Istanbul riots(well...during the day when most were resting). This was taken after the police withdrew from the square leaving it for the people. Barricades were erected at all points leading to the square using buses, bricks, construction material and whatever else was available.

Before anyone harps on at me riding on the pavements it's because there was something blocking the way, notice the pedestrians....none of them give a f*ck ;)
Thank you. i like the reaction of the people, i think i would feel comfortable there.
wah, so much barricades, mostly buses.
yeah it's a good urban bike.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #5043
Lapchik
Tinkeritis posterboy

Oddometer: 261
Too much attention from local authorities/neighbor. Would rather have the factory exhaust and not get hassled.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251294500406?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Lapchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #5044
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapchik View Post
Too much attention from local authorities/neighbor. Would rather have the factory exhaust and not get hassled.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251294500406?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Stealth is good, though I have been on the dark side on other bikes.............

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #5045
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Stealth is good, though I have been on the dark side on other bikes.............
I too used to be part of the Straight pipes save lives,lotsa visits with various law enforcement over the years took the fun out of it,and my hearing paid the price also,now days Im liking the stock pipe and ear plugs for the wind noise,Ive really sold out,I was told that would happen to me someday.
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #5046
Schrauberklaus
***ifyer

Oddometer: 356
Hi

I get today my new Shock .

YSS made in Thailand for the CRF 250L

10mm length adjustment

60 clicks rebound damping

2 years Warranty 9500 THB (304 USD) at the local modify shop

Only Problem is the CRF stand 1200 km from my Workshop where
the goodies pile up until end of Sepember
Honda XR 280 R Sumo 04 , Honda XR 250 Baja 98
Yamaha Speed MX ( 2 Stroke ) 01 ,CRF250L 13
Schrauberklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #5047
kb7tgr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
The trip

Well I took the LRP instead of the KLR to BC and on to Hyder AK. We started in ID. and crossed at Midway. There we got on the KVR trail and continued on to the Trans Canada trail. We took mostly trails and gravel to Hyder AK. Got on the asphalt and went on to Watson Lake and then south back to ID. on the asphalt. My brother rode his KLR. The short of it is my KLR will be cleaned up and put up for sale in the next couple of weeks. My brother indicates that his KLR will also be for sale and a 250 of some sort will be in his garage. The LRP performed flawlessly. I got between 50 and 66 MPG. We rode a total of 3654.8 miles. The LRP had 353 miles on it when we left and now over 4000. It cruised very nicely at 60-65 and when off road handed much easier than the KLR. Is it a trade off? For sure but one that is well worth it. Please watch the main page of the ADV under ride reports for the full report.
kb7tgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #5048
ryguy83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7tgr View Post
Well I took the LRP instead of the KLR to BC and on to Hyder AK. We started in ID. and crossed at Midway. There we got on the KVR trail and continued on to the Trans Canada trail. We took mostly trails and gravel to Hyder AK. Got on the asphalt and went on to Watson Lake and then south back to ID. on the asphalt. My brother rode his KLR. The short of it is my KLR will be cleaned up and put up for sale in the next couple of weeks. My brother indicates that his KLR will also be for sale and a 250 of some sort will be in his garage. The LRP performed flawlessly. I got between 50 and 66 MPG. We rode a total of 3654.8 miles. The LRP had 353 miles on it when we left and now over 4000. It cruised very nicely at 60-65 and when off road handed much easier than the KLR. Is it a trade off? For sure but one that is well worth it. Please watch the main page of the ADV under ride reports for the full report.
Daaaamnnn that's a lot of miles.how long was the trip in total? How many miles would u say u did in 1 day.im glad your happy with lrp,I never liked the klr.the lrp has awesome modern looks,and is a great little bike.congrats!
ryguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #5049
Weevrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Please advise when "The trip" is Posted...
Can't wait to read it.
Our 2014 LRP is pre ordered and should be here next month...
Can't wait...

Andrew
Weevrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #5050
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,449
Quote:
Wow, nice trip! 250's are so great, it's changed my whole idea of what bike is best for every day. Let us know when the RR is posted. Thanks!

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #5051
jsonder
Tired Old Fart

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I have a DIY posted and indexed in this thread, it's not totally comprehensive because I feel folks should have a service manual in addition to my post just to be sure of the tech info like torque spec and such.
It's pretty straightforward, good luck!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859691
In that write up, you talk about having to increase the size of the exhaust shims.

The Street version of this bike has a much larger exhaust shim freeplay (nearly twice that of the intake) allowing (I would guess) for more expansion of the hotter valve.

Double check the specs in the service manual for the 250L and see if the exhaust valve lash is greater than the intake valve lash.

Otherwise, it was a great write up.
jsonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #5052
kb7tgr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
We crossed the border on the 8th and then recrossed on the 21st. biggest day was 550 on the asphalt. About a 12 hour day. the biggest deal is that it will do the highway if one needs to but it handles so much better then the KLR off road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy83 View Post
Daaaamnnn that's a lot of miles.how long was the trip in total? How many miles would u say u did in 1 day.im glad your happy with lrp,I never liked the klr.the lrp has awesome modern looks,and is a great little bike.congrats!
kb7tgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #5053
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrauberklaus View Post
Hi

I get today my new Shock .

YSS made in Thailand for the CRF 250L
10mm length adjustment
60 clicks rebound damping
2 years Warranty 9500 THB (304 USD) at the local modify shop
Great! :) Beautiful.
Please tell, who did you get it from? Did you pre-order, how long did it take them to get it?
i am going to Thailand for 2 weeks soon, i want to get the shock (and other things), have fun shopping for bike stuff, and save paying for shipping/post. i will be going to Bangkok and Chiang Mai. So maybe Kcm Dirtbike or Pekky Prostreet, or the YSS Service Center in Chiang Mai...? Or wherever you got it.

Quote:
Only Problem is the CRF stand 1200 km from my Workshop where
the goodies pile up until end of Sepember
? Please explain. :)

Old 06-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #5054
Schrauberklaus
***ifyer

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
Great! :) Beautiful.
Please tell, who did you get it from? Did you pre-order, how long did it take them to get it?
i am going to Thailand for 2 weeks soon, i want to get the shock (and other things), have fun shopping for bike stuff, and save paying for shipping/post. i will be going to Bangkok and Chiang Mai. So maybe Kcm Dirtbike or Pekky Prostreet, or the YSS Service Center in Chiang Mai...? Or wherever you got it.

? Please explain. :)
Hi Cat

I write "From the Local modify Shop .
I ask them 8 weeks ago to Order one for me (its not a Dirtshop) they dont stock CRF Parts . Its Thai scooters only .
They told me they order 5 , i was lucky to get the last one they had in the shop .
They sold them within one week .

In Chiang Mai you can Try
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motoc...51269171582862
and in Bangkok
http://www.dirtshopthailand.com/

both shops have a good selection of CRF Parts but not shure they have the Shock in stock . Better you pre order to .

My CRF stand in Ayuttaya where i bought it in February as i was there working 10 weeks on a Projekt .
Was waiting every evening to long to get a Taxi . So one evening i go to the Honda shop next door and bought the CRF , Taxi problem solved . I let it there depend in two weeks i have to go back for
the next Projekt , again 10 weeks .
After that Projekt i will drive it Home .
FMF Q4 +Megabomb , Skidplate , LED Rearlights and Indicators , Shock , Handguards and EFI Programmer and a Lot of XR and CRF/R Parts are waiting to meet the Bike.

Funny you come from south africa and want to buy Bike Parts here in Thailand .
I do it the other way around , Work in South Africa buy my Parts there ( near J'burg ,Springs and in Cape Town ) and bring it back to Thailand .
Honda XR 280 R Sumo 04 , Honda XR 250 Baja 98
Yamaha Speed MX ( 2 Stroke ) 01 ,CRF250L 13
Schrauberklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #5055
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Im looking at the LRP over the KLR,my habit of just jumping over the cliff is helped by the fact my dealer can't get many and the ones coming are all spoken for,I hope the used market has some soon but people seem to like these bikes and probably won't be doing the "it's to small" trade up.I like hearing distance rides because I do about 12000 miles a year between commuting and using a bike as my only vehicle.The KLR has worked but I need a new women in my life,it's been a year.
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote