Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #5101
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Yoshi Rub

Sharkfan22,

How much rubbing are we talking here? What size tire are you running?

I'm waiting on a Yoshimura exhaust to solve a problem with the tire rubbing on my wife's lowered, supermoto'd, CRF250L.

I have a 140/70 17 tire on there right now. When I test rode the bike I discovered that the tire would rub the stock exhaust when I hit a bump.

Thankfully the misses doesn't weigh as much as I do but I was trying to gain some more clearance and get the tire away from the heat.

Thanks.
Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #5102
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
silk purse outta a sow's ear.. Dude, you're dating yourself..

i'm 62 and i'm still riding single trac on my berg- and yes, i own and ride a crf250l.
The bike sucks off road, but love it on the street.
Ed, don't you ever get tired of constantly posting your own personal gripes about stuff?
I mean, the younger folks have brains, let them figure out stuff on their own once in a while...then pounce when needed..
+10,000

I myself spent $1,000.00 on the full Race Tech set up (front and rear) built for me by Race Tech. I am very happy with my results and the customer service I received from the Race Tech team. Also, I feel that they should be a model example to all businesses world wide. Race Tech totally transformed my bike into a completely different machine.
But, this is what worked for me as I did not want to mess around or tinker. I was looking for a straight forward bolt on solution.
For those of you that need or want to save money and/or enjoy building the product for yourselves I say go for it !!!
Race Tech offers several other affordable options for the do it your selfer.

I am a firm believer in .... do what you want ... build it how you like .... make it yours ... listen to no one (including me) and share with the world !!!

for a price quote email chris@racetech.com

gnath9 screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 08:19 PM
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #5103
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
Silk purse outta a sow's ear.. Dude, you're dating yourself..

I'm 62 and I'm still riding single trac on my Berg- and yes, I own and ride a crf250L.
The bike sucks off road, but love it on the street.
Ed, don't you ever get tired of constantly posting your own personal gripes about stuff?
I mean, the younger folks have brains, let them figure out stuff on their own once in a while...Then pounce when needed..
A nuther month month I turn 68....I'm not griping, I'm makin the point of what worked at a decent price to make a real decent improvement on the suspension of my KLR650. Unfortunately the CRF shock is a step lower in quality than the KLR....and it'll have to be a more expensive shock to make a decent improvement on the CRF suspension...but I thought I made it clear that the CRF bike and it's suspension is pretty damn good, considering it was almost a grand cheaper than the KLR.

Gnath9: Yup...you hit the nail on the head!....and, what did race tech actually do on the oddball front forks of the CRF...gold valve (singular?), heavier spring(singular)?, higher viscosity?
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #5104
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
Gnath9: Yup...you hit the nail on the head!....and, what did race tech actually do on the oddball front forks of the CRF...gold valve (singular?), heavier spring(singular)?, higher viscosity?
I'm not really sure what they did and for me I was also not concerned with the how they did it.
I do know that my bike actually has suspension now and I am not worried about catching air or going to fast into the whoops or washboard type stuff. Most of my riding is at OHV parks with single track trails and MX tracks.

But, I do believe not only did they change my spring rate but also added a small spring to the damper side of the forks. I also have the gold valves and I think I have 5W oil but it also has more volume than the stock set up had.

for the actual technical details I suggest you call them 951.279.6655 or shoot an email straight to tech support at terry@racetech.com.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #5105
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Thanks Gnath9

At the moment your suspension info satiates my curiosity. I have a dedicated dirt bike for silliness on single tracks in the Michigan woods, which is inappropriate for the CRF. However that sucker's kick starter recently bruised my arch...so I'm only riding things with e-start these days.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #5106
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

the pic quality is low as this was taken with my cell phone ....
don't know why this one is so bad tho ... most are better

gnath9 screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 09:03 PM
Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #5107
Buckshot77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Buckshot77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #5108
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

nice shot Buck !!!

see what I did there ....
Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #5109
Buckshot77
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
nice shot Buck !!!

see what I did there ....
Lol,ride on.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #5110
Buckshot77
Adventurer

Cheapest 250L kit out there

Meant to say lowering kit,lol.

Buckshot77 screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 11:38 PM
Old 06-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #5111
Sharkfan22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post
Sharkfan22,

How much rubbing are we talking here? What size tire are you running?

I'm waiting on a Yoshimura exhaust to solve a problem with the tire rubbing on my wife's lowered, supermoto'd, CRF250L.

I have a 140/70 17 tire on there right now. When I test rode the bike I discovered that the tire would rub the stock exhaust when I hit a bump.

Thankfully the misses doesn't weigh as much as I do but I was trying to gain some more clearance and get the tire away from the heat.

Thanks.
yeah it seems to rub quite a bit, I am looking at bending the bracket a little. maybe it was rubbing the stock one too and I just did not notice?
Sharkfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #5112
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Old 06-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #5113
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
I could have used Roy's help today. It's supposed to rain for a week here, so.....time to slap on the D606 rear. Not only that, but I converted it to TUbliss, and the carcass is super tough, a good thing, once you actually get it mounted, and it is sooooo much fun getting the caliper, and the spacers back in when you only have two hands. I ended doing the lift the tire with the top of my shoes thing. The original had a few miles left in it, but with all this rain, will make all that mud. Taller tire, the bike leans way further over on the kick stand now. So gotta ride for a while with the Garmin, and zero the trip meter, to get the numbers to re-program the SpeedoDRD. Balanced it with the axle between two kitchen chairs, and wrapped solid core solder on the spokes opposite the rim lock until it didn't stop in the same place any more. Time for a drink.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #5114
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Taller tire, the bike leans way further over on the kick stand now. So gotta ride for a while with the Garmin, and zero the trip meter, to get the numbers to re-program the SpeedoDRD. Balanced it with the axle between two kitchen chairs, and wrapped solid core solder on the spokes opposite the rim lock until it didn't stop in the same place any more. Time for a drink.
What size tire did you get ?
I have a 4.50x18 IRC TR8 Battle Rally and it is also tall and leans on the kick stand ... next time I will go with a 4.00x18 ?
my toes barley touch the ground now

I was going to get the 606's but I liked the front TR8 a lot better

In two more hours I will have that drink with ya !!!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #5115
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
What size tire did you get ?
I have a 4.50x18 IRC TR8 Battle Rally and it is also tall and leans on the kick stand ... next time I will go with a 4.00x18 ?
my toes barley touch the ground now

I was going to get the 606's but I liked the front TR8 a lot better

In two more hours I will have that drink with ya !!!
It's a Dunlop D606 120/90-18. Not sure of the conversion factor for SAE. Lost Rider posted it fit, good enough for me. I've not ridden it yet, or even sat on it. High humidity here now, had sweat dripping off my eyebrows onto my glasses. Still better than paying the dealer to do it....

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote