Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #5191
callison
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEKAMOUSE View Post
Question does the fmf powercore and q4 come with an adapter to fit the stock header if im not using an aftermarket header?
I'm not sure if it comes with an adapter, but I just took my stock header off and there was an adapter in the FMF silencer, I bought it with the FMF installed by the dealer. You're welcome to it if you don't see one included when you get your silencer.

As an aside, I would recommend using some of the hi-temp RTV on the joint between muffler and adapter, and adapter and header. I had a lean pop on decel while riding, pretty sure it had to do with air getting sucked in at this joint. When I installed the FMF header I sealed this joint, I think my bike is quieter now with full FMF exhaust than it was with the stock header and FMF silencer.

Cory
Old 07-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #5192
dalehazelton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Agrisupply Manual Tube on CRF?

I did a search and didn't see this come up - has anyone mounted the Agrisupply manual tube on their LRP yet? I ordered a few (you might as well get a bunch - they'll charge you a small fortune to ship just one) and am trying to think of the cleanest way to install. I don't really want to take off the bikes locked tool holder as that white plastic completes the body work nicely. I thought of extending a flat panel of black plastic (cutting board or corian?) under that box so I have a surface to mount the tubes ears onto. If I had the Wolfman million dollar rack things would be simple. Any photos of what you did would be great.
dalehazelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #5193
xjon
Pedantic Bastard

Oddometer: 386
dune riding?

anyone has taken their lrp to sand dunes? Thinking about taking mine out to Oceano dunes in Pismo Beach CA. wondering about power issues or paddle tires with this ride.

thanks
Old 07-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #5194
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalehazelton View Post
I did a search and didn't see this come up - has anyone mounted the Agrisupply manual tube on their LRP yet? I ordered a few (you might as well get a bunch - they'll charge you a small fortune to ship just one) and am trying to think of the cleanest way to install. I don't really want to take off the bikes locked tool holder as that white plastic completes the body work nicely. I thought of extending a flat panel of black plastic (cutting board or corian?) under that box so I have a surface to mount the tubes ears onto. If I had the Wolfman million dollar rack things would be simple. Any photos of what you did would be great.
I'll be paying attention to where this goes. I have that tube, but haven't mounted it yet. One guy posted (not sure if was this thread) that it broke off while off road, and he lost all his tools. The tube was intended for a manual for tractors, so if overloaded, apparently, the tabs break off. I'm thinking it needs metal straps around it to compensate for all that weight of what's inside. I've seen on (maybe the minimalist thread? http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201349) where it's been mounted to the front of the skid plate. You're not kidding about the ship price, ouch!

Also, following a ride report on the puppy dog trail, someone mentioned this place. I know you already have them, but for anyone who doesn't have one yet. Not sure of their ship costs. http://www.whitehorsegear.com/whitehorse-tool-canisters

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf

SAPB screwed with this post 07-04-2013 at 02:00 PM
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #5195
dalehazelton
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post

Also, following a ride report on the puppy dog trail, someone mentioned this place. I know you already have them, but for anyone who doesn't have one yet. Not sure of their ship costs. http://www.whitehorsegear.com/whitehorse-tool-canisters

I saw the Whitehorse gear price and 3 from Agrisupply was cheaper than two from them, so that's what I did. May sell extras to any friends local who want one for $10 or so...

Okay, I put the thing on under the CRF tool case. I mounted it under the case, the small bottom tab mounted to the very front of the bottom of the case, and I took a heat gun and bent the larger tab UP to meet the back end of the case. I used a couple of 1/4 inch bolts with lockwashers and nuts. I had to cut off the tab from just below the three pre-formed holes and I rounded the corners. CUT THE TAB BEFORE YOU TRY TO FORM THE TAB UPWARD. It's pretty hard to cut neatly afterwards. A sharp utility knife and several passes will do it. I positioned it as far outward as I could that let the white tool box door drop down all the way. I know you're going to want a picture but my new laptop won't recognize my camera and I'll have to figure out a runaround to that. Unless you bend down and see the hack job I did to the edge of the tab when I cut it it looks pretty invisible under there with all the other black plastic. I don't expect to carry more than a tire tube or can of spray polish and rag in the thing so I don't think weight is too much of an issue (the interior baffles in the tool box make it stronger than it looks I think), and I don't do serious off road so I think it'll be okay. I would like the giant mega rack that Wolfman sells, but untill I find $400 or so under a rock that won't happen.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #5196
Woody2627
Skinny Decaf Latte Thanks

Oddometer: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
I'll be paying attention to where this goes. I have that tube, but haven't mounted it yet. One guy posted (not sure if was this thread) that it broke off while off road, and he lost all his tools. The tube was intended for a manual for tractors, so if overloaded, apparently, the tabs break off. I'm thinking it needs metal straps around it to compensate for all that weight of what's inside. I've seen on (maybe the minimalist thread? http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201349) where it's been mounted to the front of the skid plate. You're not kidding about the ship price, ouch!

Yep, that were me. Cost me a BMW tool kit, never found it again. I wouldn't consider using one again with the standard mountings, particularly off-road. down:
Woody2627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #5197
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEKAMOUSE View Post
Question does the fmf powercore and q4 come with an adapter to fit the stock header if im not using an aftermarket header?
The Q4 fits without an adapter

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #5198
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalehazelton View Post
I did a search and didn't see this come up - has anyone mounted the Agrisupply manual tube on their LRP yet? Any photos of what you did would be great.

Sounds like you got yours sorted, but I mounted mine this winter and the DIY is back Lost in this thread or I have it indexed in this thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859691

Supporting the tabs on both sides is how I mounted mine, with tens of thousands of rough dirt miles on another bike with the same mounting without an issue I trust mine. It could have a bit more aluminum support but I worked with what I had at the time, no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjon View Post
anyone has taken their lrp to sand dunes? Thinking about taking mine out to Oceano dunes in Pismo Beach CA. wondering about power issues or paddle tires with this ride.

thanks

The LRP is good to play in the sand, not sure how it would do with OEM tires, but it's fine with 606's aired down. Got to keep those RPM's up though. Sand riding is tough on bikes, stay out of that ocean as tempting as it is, you'll have rust everywhere. Go have fun!

When you going?

Nancy had an issue with balancing it at the top though.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #5199
Avi8tor
ADV Poser

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post

Wow...that is a blueass sky.
Avi8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #5200
xjon
Pedantic Bastard

Oddometer: 386
thanks for replies

Lost Rider: planning on being there 8/10-11. Thanks for the heads up on the tires also.

Turnbuckle: Ill keep the warning in mind and wont expect too much from the bike then.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #5201
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithy View Post
Wow...that is a blueass sky.
Polarizing filter on the lens to bring out the blue, and make nice white clouds? Otherwise the sky just seems washed out white.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #5202
dalehazelton
Adventurer

I believe I saw your mounting Lost Rider, now that you show it again. I didn't want to lose the OEM toolbox for aesthetics though (I'm a little bit of form precedes function on this bike at the moment) and my solution works for me now. It's just to hold a couple of things so I don't need my tank bag all the time. If I needed something more heavy duty I might look to PVC and pipe clamps or something or even weld some steel mounting ears on the frame. Beautiful photos - that one with the blue sky should be printed out banner sized and hung in your garage - or home.

dalehazelton screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 04:38 AM
Old 07-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #5203
pandamanprod
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Re: Lost's Toolbox Mod

Just wanted to weigh in here. I followed lost riders's FAQ on how to attach the agrisupply tool tube, and I love it. 10 Dollar shipped order form agrisupply and 13 bucks with parts / hardware from home depot and it's mounted. I have enough aluminum left over that I might actually just "try again" with a different tube, as I think I can improve the mount a bit, but this thing is solid.

I have dropped twice, once fairly hard, and there is no indicator that this thing will snap. Granted, I do have the larger rear rack which is absorbing a good deal of the hit.

The tube is much bigger than the stocker, and fit's the critical stuff you need. Plus (in my opinion) it adds Pretty cool symmetry to the bike, with a Tube type exhaust on one side and the tool tube on the other.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #5204
greg1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
I'm putting a $500 deposit on my CRF250L tomorrow. The local dealer in St. John's Newfoundland Canada has no idea when he'll get another one in, but I'll have dibbs on it when one does come in.

He's guessing August/September.
greg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #5205
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1 View Post
I'm putting a $500 deposit on my CRF250L tomorrow. The local dealer in St. John's Newfoundland Canada has no idea when he'll get another one in, but I'll have dibbs on it when one does come in.

He's guessing August/September.
A few years ago, I did the Cabot trail with my daughter (she has her own bike), and we took a wrong turn, and ended up at the ferry to Newfoundland. Wish we had more time then to go over. Hey, maybe get there yet. Love to take the CRF up there. We did take the ferry over to PEI on the way back, and came back across on the Confederation bridge. I missed the 1st CRF my local dealer got, and after a deposit, got the 2nd one, 14 weeks later. It was worth the wait!