Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #5371
ryguy83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEKAMOUSE View Post
Nice dented frame pretty much makes the bike usless anyone waiting to get one of these the verdict is out DONT! Can't wait to see what Honda does about this
Hey I feel your pain man,but hey honestly it's not all to bad,you can bend back the brake or order a new one,and you can just re-weld that area around the foot peg,if you can find someone that can weld pretty good,then no worries. If you are gonna try re weld it and cant find someone close by you (im sure you can) i live in jersey and work in nyc(currently manhattan/jersey city) and have been a union iron worker for 12+ years,all of them welding too bc it is a recommended part of our trade,so I'd be glad to help a fellow inmate out if you need it,something that small shouldn't take any longer than 30miutes...but I'm sure you can find someone by you. Dont give up on the bike,there awesome lil thumpers for the price ,and just like any bike it's gonna have some flaws,nothing's perfect.hope everything works out for ya.

-ry

ryguy83 screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 06:51 PM
ryguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #5372
dalehazelton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
"Don't buy one" because it gets scratched or dented if YOU damage it? Seriously?
dalehazelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #5373
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Thx for the replies! What I expect Honda to do is have made a tougher frame that was a fall over nothing major and the frame is dented that's unacceptable workmanship and material no other manufacturers dual sport would do that guaranteed this will show up on others bikes as well. Just a heads up for all of you. I know stuff happens but I believe this is a flaw in their design.
EEKAMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #5374
thesurvivalist
Backcountry Rider

Oddometer: 550
I came off my friends crf250l today, the front wheel washed out in the gravel, it was low speed and soft ground. The right peg area is slightly dented. Not as much as the one in the pics but the powder coating is cracked. I feel really bad about it.
thesurvivalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #5375
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah didn't want to impose my opinion on the thread but it is a let down. It's a Honda we should be able to poop in the gas tank and all will be well right. Keep your eyes peeled for this flaw and maybe Honda will step up and provide a fix.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:38 AM   #5376
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,219
Quote:
no other manufacturers dual sport would do that guaranteed this will show up on others bikes as well. Just a heads up for all of you. I know stuff happens but I believe this is a flaw in their design.

Wrong.
My friends 2012 Super Tenere had the same exact thing happen.
He had it welded like suggested above and never looked back.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #5377
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
Wrong.
My friends 2012 Super Tenere had the same exact thing happen.
He had it welded like suggested above and never looked back.
Since when is a super tenere a dual sport its a 800 lb mothership! Of course it did that lol
Old 07-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #5378
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Quote:
Since when is a super tenere a dual sport its a 800 lb mothership! Of course it did that lol
Your new around here eh ?

Old 07-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #5379
Dago52
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Thx for the replies! What I expect Honda to do is have made a tougher frame that was a fall over nothing major and the frame is dented that's unacceptable workmanship and material no other manufacturers dual sport would do that guaranteed this will show up on others bikes as well. Just a heads up for all of you. I know stuff happens but I believe this is a flaw in their design.
You would have thought the frame was a little tougher weighing 300lbs.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #5380
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
I crash the shit out of mine pretty much every day, and have no such issues.

Gotta pay to play, bro. It's a nice weldable steel frame - get yerself a Hobart/Miller 140 MIG and patch it up.
Auto-X Fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #5381
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago52 View Post
You would have thought the frame was a little tougher weighing 300lbs.
Agreed, you definitely would.
I have another friend with a F650GS and he cracked his frame. Bike had like 40k on it and just a hair out of the warranty period. BMW did replace the frame believe it or not. Huge job.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #5382
Bighouse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Nice leap! What kind of helmet is that?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2
Bighouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #5383
gore-tx
Smooth Operator

Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag-Of-Hammers View Post
Hello. I got my bike a week ago. I live in lower Michigan, Ann Arbor-area. I have been riding mopeds, scooters, and motorcycles all my life (I am 43). My last motorcycle was the VStar 1100, which was WAY too big for my liking. My last ride was the 2 stroke Rattler 110, which broke down. I needed a bike that I can hop curbs with. It feels like you are going up a slight ramp when you do. The suspension is awesome. When I am in the city and I come to a stop, I like to mash the front brake, and push the bike forward to show off the suspension. It's an eye catcher. I mostly ride on pavement but I ride more on dirt roads since I got this puppy. The windscreen is off my Rattler 110 and fits PERFECLY on this bike, and I think it looks pretty cool. It sits a little taller on this bike (I am 6ft) but I think it's perfect. Real easy to duck behind. Here it is for $52.00. It's a Prima. http://www.scooterworks.com/prima-wi...p#.UeH3hErD9hE
This bike is a HOOT. OMG this things is user friendly. The crate fits much more securely on this bike as well. I am getting around 70MPG, which is the same as the Rat. No complaints so far.

It's been a fun week.

The windshield off of my Rattler 110 fits and looks better on this bike than on the Rat.
Very nicely set up! I love your windshield!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #5384
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,812
Well the local dealer just got a new 250 in the show room and also had a customers bike out by the shop,so I finally got to look at a new and a ridden bike over closely,I have now looked at all 3 of the 250's(WR,KLX,and CRF)the Wr is nice but the price tag is so high,so I'm down as many have been to the Kawi and the Honda,I don't need much just basic racks,engine,protection,and some sort of fuel cell for range when I need it,the price on the CRF allows me to go new and still have money left.
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #5385
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
Well the local dealer just got a new 250 in the show room and also had a customers bike out by the shop,so I finally got to look at a new and a ridden bike over closely,I have now looked at all 3 of the 250's(WR,KLX,and CRF)the Wr is nice but the price tag is so high,so I'm down as many have been to the Kawi and the Honda,I don't need much just basic racks,engine,protection,and some sort of fuel cell for range when I need it,the price on the CRF allows me to go new and still have money left.
Google KLX starting problems.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote