CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #5388
Bag-Of-Hammers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx View Post
Very nicely set up! I love your windshield!
Tnks. This bike is awesome.
Bag-Of-Hammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #5389
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Oddometer: 1,577
thanks for the KLX info.
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #5390
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
thanks for the KLX info.
Lurk/post over there also. That bike was the ONLY option for 250 dual sports for a while. The guys/gals who jumped into it, found ways to improve on what was already pretty decent. That bike is already FI in some parts of the world, soon to be here, I'm sure. To be fair, since that bike has been in production longer, way more aftermarket parts available. Also, chances to pick up a used bike for way less, than new. Plus, someone who's modded one has done the work for you already. To each his/her own, I went with the red one.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...07591&page=541

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #5391
Dago52
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
Well the local dealer just got a new 250 in the show room and also had a customers bike out by the shop,so I finally got to look at a new and a ridden bike over closely,I have now looked at all 3 of the 250's(WR,KLX,and CRF)the Wr is nice but the price tag is so high,so I'm down as many have been to the Kawi and the Honda,I don't need much just basic racks,engine,protection,and some sort of fuel cell for range when I need it,the price on the CRF allows me to go new and still have money left.
What type of riding will you be doing? If its more dirt, then you will have to invest some money in suspension and mods to get it to move. I have the CRF and its a great bike but underpowered. The WR comes with a better suspension plus more power out the gate. My point is, you may end up spending the difference in price maybe more into the CRF.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #5392
Wargasm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Wink me too

mines like that on both sides, no cracks yet though. I'm not worried, it's a steel frame so if it starts cracking I'll get it gusseted and rewelded, with a little bit more material. It's a $5000 OTR bike, this should be expected after a decent drop/fall. I've thrashed mine pretty good and this is the only thing that I've noticed on it. As for Honda fixing it, I wish all manufacturers stepped in with fixes when I dent/broke/bent/chipped or cracked any of their products. truth is it's a light use dual sport with way more emphasis on street, if a stress crack occurred with the bike never having been off-road or dropped then yeah Honda should fix it, however using it off-road, especially the way I and other inmates do means that it's it's going to get dinged up. Remember this is a budget bike made for small stature people, probably in the 100-140lb weight class, riding mostly street and some light dirt roads, not on trails and sand pits and especially not carrying my large rear around. I'm probably double the weight of the target demographic, and ride it way harder than dirt roads, I'm happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEKAMOUSE View Post
by the way, a good skid plate probably would have saved a lot of that damage, just saying.........
Wargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #5393
r6realtor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
just so you know EEKAMOUSE this paint matches almost identically the frame paint, so at least you can touch up the look and maybe stop the rust and continual paint chipping?
r6realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #5394
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Thx for the replies was bummed at first but it gives us something to do haha. At the very least others can be aware of it and maybe post fixes etc. After the weld job ill post pics, will prob just paint it with pickup bed liner or something like that. I still don't see how someone can call a super tenere a dual sport lol just sayin.
EEKAMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #5395
Wargasm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
I once did about 5 miles of mild single track on a Suzuki GS1100

Quote:
Thx for the replies was bummed at first but it gives us something to do haha. At the very least others can be aware of it and maybe post fixes etc. After the weld job ill post pics, will prob just paint it with pickup bed liner or something like that. I still don't see how someone can call a super tenere a dual sport lol just sayin.
Wargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #5396
ryguy83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Also, chances to pick up a used bike for way less, than new. Plus, someone who's modded one has done the work for you already.
Exactly what I was gong to say,when I was looking at all 3 bikes,I came to believe I wasn't going to be able to afford a wrr or wrx,but when I searched for used ones it's amazing how there really is some good deals out there if your taking your time. Just yesterday looking on http://www.bikefinds.com and http://www.cycletrader.com I found a 11' wrr with 1,500mi.for $4,800. And 2, not 1 but 2 - 2012 wrr's that were $5,500,with 1 that had 0 miles brand spanky new. There are good deals out there...

-ry.
ryguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #5397
ryguy83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Or a can of galvanized spray the right tint should do the trick,it's what we use over our welds ,of course only when were welding galvanized steel,but the color seems to be fairly close to the color of the frame,and I'm pretty sure they come in different tints of the galvanized spray can,rust proof too,or I'm sure that Chrysler paint pen should do the trick if r6realtor has used it before.
ryguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #5398
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,092
The CRF250L Owners thread

Quote:
Nice dented frame pretty much makes the bike usless anyone waiting to get one of these the verdict is out DONT! Can't wait to see what Honda does about this

You did something more than drop the bike on dirt to get that slight bend in the footrest and dent on the tube underneath and forward of it. I've watched Nancy drop and crash our LRP dozens of times on hard all rock trails in Death Valley, while there is some evidence of getting dropped there is no serious damage. There is no major flaw on the bike from what I've seen, many of our miles have been off tarmac on rough rocky trails, I'm good at finding weaknesses in bikes....
Coming in here declaring that the bike shouldn't be bought because YOU bent it says more about you than the bike.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #5399
Irish769
Wanna-be

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
You did something more than drop the bike on dirt to get that slight bend in the footrest and dent on the tube underneath and forward of it. I've watched Nancy drop and crash our LRP dozens of times on hard all rock trails in Death Valley, while there is some evidence of getting dropped there is no serious damage. There is no major flaw on the bike from what I've seen, many of our miles have been off tarmac on rough rocky trails, I'm good at finding weaknesses in bikes....
Coming in here declaring that the bike shouldn't be bought because YOU bent it says more about you than the bike.
Atta Boy Finn....While looking at those pics of damage I couldn't help but think of the shots of Nancy puttin' your LRP down on less than accommodating terrain. All with nary an indication of significant damage.....just sayin.
2013 CRF 250L
Irish769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #5400
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
I have one of these ... it works great and is more stable than you would think.

Well, no kidding! It has a blonde stabilizer at each end!

Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote