Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #5416
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,230
Got her home and promptly drained the first 100 mile oil out.

when is the 1st valve service fellas ? I forgot the manual there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #5417
ryguy83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivel_86 View Post
Just picked up one on Thursday of last week. I am getting two. (Separate dealers they are going like hot cakes in Michigan). I will be picking up the one from the other dealer this week. Anyways love it so far have a little over 200mile on it mostly my girlfriend riding it and me on the Ural with my son in the Hack.

Curious George !!!
ryguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #5418
ivel_86
Oops

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy83 View Post
Curious George !!!
Its the explorer in me!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #5419
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
Got her home and promptly drained the first 100 mile oil out.

when is the 1st valve service fellas ? I forgot the manual there.

1st valve clearance @ 600 miles, then again at 16K.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #5420
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,230
Shim/bucket I would imagine ?

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #5421
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
CRF250L Super Moto nears completion.

I'm almost finished with the wife's bike. Next is some rework of the rear tail light and turn signals. Install the speedometer adjustment device (44 tooth rear sprocket). Also install the fuel injection "black box", won't tell the misses and see if she notices, shhhh.

The latest addition was the Yoshimura exhaust. I got a great deal on it from the dealer. 25% off because we bought the bike there. Can't argue with that. The main reason for the swap, other than it looks and sounds cool, was the 140 tire was rubbing the stock exhaust with the bike lowered.

I still had to put a spacer between the hanger and the muffler bracket to get some clearance.

At least now I can test ride it if I do some work to it. This is with me sitting on it. My wife doesn't compress it this much.

Here I am on the bike and I look fairly normal:

Side view, WHAT THE HECK MONGO!? I created a 250cc mini bike!

On our last ride my wife brought up a point about the bike. When she stalled it she couldn't restart it in gear with the clutch in. I just assumed that was standard, especially for a dirt bike. There you are on the side of a hill and you have to fish for neutral first before restarting? Would this be an easy mod to do? How would you go about doing it?

Thanks in advance.

Vzuke screwed with this post 07-15-2013 at 11:04 PM Reason: change some verbage
Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #5422
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
Shim/bucket I would imagine ?

Valve tutorial here, thanks Lost Rider (scroll down DIY Valve Adjustment: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post
I'm almost finished with the wife's bike. Next is some rework of the rear tail light and turn signals. Install the speedometer adjustment device (44 tooth rear sprocket). Also install the fuel injection "black box", won't tell the misses and see if she notices, shhhh.

The latest addition was the Yoshimura exhaust. I got a great deal on it from the dealer. 25% off because we bought the bike there. Can't argue with that. The main reason for the swap, other than it looks and sounds cool, was the 140 tire was rubbing the stock exhaust with the bike lowered.

I still had to put a spacer between the hanger and the muffler bracket to get some clearance.

At least now I can test ride it if I do some work to it. This is with me sitting on it. My wife doesn't compress it this much.

Here I am on the bike and I look fairly normal:

Side view, WHAT THE HECK MONGO!? I created a 250cc mini bike!

On our last ride my wife brought up a point about the bike. When she stalled it she couldn't restart it in gear with the clutch in. I just assumed that was standard, especially for a dirt bike. There you are on the side of a hill and you have to fish for neutral first before restarting? Would this be an easy mod to do? How would you go about doing it?

Thanks in advance.
It shouldn't be doing that, sounds like the side stand switch, but could be the clutch switch. Side stand info here. Improved method lower down, read the whole thing. Thanks Ramz. http://www.rickramsey.net/CRF250Lmod...idestandswitch

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #5423
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 102
Guys, bit of a dilemma here. Currently have a 13 tooth front and a PC4 fitted. I'm going to order a 42 rear...and also considering a megabomb + fuel programmer. Will the mbomb/ejk provide noticable power gains or will my current set up + 42 rear be about the same? A lot of wedge at stake here...
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #5424
jeffjcalweb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
Guys, bit of a dilemma here. Currently have a 13 tooth front and a PC4 fitted. I'm going to order a 42 rear...and also considering a megabomb + fuel programmer. Will the mbomb/ejk provide noticable power gains or will my current set up + 42 rear be about the same? A lot of wedge at stake here...
i don't have the megabomb, but i do have the 13T along with DNA air filter. I put in the EJK programmer last week and yes, with out question you are going to notice the difference. i don't know if you are looking at the EJK but maybe starting with that before exhaust will make it easier on the budget. having the EJK even with stock exhaust is going to be a significant improvement, you'll want to change some of the EJK settings as it comes shipped with 'stage 1' instructions (meaning exhaust,header, air filter change).
jeffjcalweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #5425
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,303

This looks AWESOME!! Well done!!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #5426
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post

Thanks in advance.
That happened to me too on a recent ride. We had already removed the kickstand switch (thanks Ramz!) soooooo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
[...] could be the clutch switch. Side stand info here. Improved method lower down, read the whole thing. Thanks Ramz.
...like Sapb says it was the clutch switch: we jiggled the clutch wires around and then it started in neutral again. Yet another sensor to remove?

cheers
Old 07-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #5427
ryguy83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfab View Post

This looks AWESOME!! Well done!!
Yes it does, but check this video out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94mes5Ow_s0love the wheels he got, the red/black is sexxy. pretty sure he got them here https://wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop...tcrf250lsm/600

-ry
ryguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #5428
willbeoutdoors
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I am thinking of selling my CRF 250L. I haven't put it on craigslist yet, I figured I would see if anyone on here is interested. I am from Duluth, MN. It is in excelent condition no scratches or damage. It has just under 1200 miles. I take great care of my stuff so I have changed the oil at 50 miles, 400 miles, and 900 miles. The coolant has been changed once. I have thoroughly greased the suspension linkages and swingarm bearing. I own the bike outright and so I have a clean, clear, and ready to go title. I don't have a car at the moment so I will be selling this to help purchase one.

Here is what I have extra:
Rear Rack- $85
Seat Concepts custom seat black and red- $160
Richochet aluminum skid plate- $95
Flatland aluminum radiator guard- $50
13 tooth front sprocket- $20
Honda Service manual- $55
Magnetic tank/tail bag- $40

I would probably do better off by separating these extra items and selling separately but I would rather sell it as a package because I believe these items, minus the tank bag, are must have items in order to keep the bike safe and in good condition. I have both sets of keys and the original owners manual as well. I have done a lot of the tedius maintenance a new bike requires to insure longevity, and I am a perfectionist so no corners were cut in the process. I have put about 22 miles on dirt roads the rest of the miles are city and highway mix. I would like $4500 and can be contacted by P.M. on here.
 photo 2013-07-16084833_zps24794fff.jpg
Thanks, Dean
willbeoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #5429
dalehazelton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
"There you are on the side of a hill and you have to fish for neutral first before restarting?"

I noticed that, but when you pull the clutch lever ALL the way in it will start. Try that before you go removing sensors and switches and doodads.
dalehazelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #5430
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,150
The CRF250L Owners thread

On ours the clutch switch was loose and would fall out of its place occasionally, the fix was to take a small screwdriver and spread the "forks" little plastic tabs that hold it in. I'd imagine a little silicone would do the trick too.
I understand folks that want to remove side stand switch, ours is still in and if it gets damaged on the trail I'll bypass it there, but the clutch switch is a good thing to keep from breaking the starter IMO.

Eekamouse,
I understand, I'm wondering if trimming the footrests a little to allow them to fold in more would help. Was looking at our yesterday and it seems it could be done. I don't think there's a major flaw per se, but they could fold up a little more to avoid bending things.
Nancy bent the shit out of the footrest bracket on her GS, (now there is a poor design) pivot pegs helped with making them square to the frame again without getting into surgery on the bike, maybe they would help yours.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote