Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #631
78_XL125
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Moose-man View Post
I've got an exhaust system on its way and was wondering if anybody knows where I can get a new exhaust port gasket? Would one from a cbr250 work seeing its almost the same motor? I'd like to install a new one and not take a chance on reusing the one already in there. Thanks in advance.

Do you not have a honda dealer near you? The year 2013 does not show up on parts diagrams, but if you pick "Models with no year" at the bottom it will show the CRF250L and parts are available online as well.
78_XL125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #632
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,951
Quote:
I've got an exhaust system on its way and was wondering if anybody knows where I can get a new exhaust port gasket? Would one from a cbr250 work seeing its almost the same motor?
The exhaust pipe gasket is exactly the same for the CRF250L and the CBR250R. And it is the same as the CRF450X - 18291-MEB-670. Any Honda dealer should be able to get you one.
ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #633
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,951
Quote:
The year 2013 does not show up on parts diagrams, but if you pick "Models with no year" at the bottom it will show the CRF250L and parts are available online as well.
What is the website address that shows this "Models with no year" parts diagram?

I've checked 6 on-line parts dealers and none have what you describe.
ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #634
13Moose-man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Thanks guys. I just finished installing the fi programmer. Install was no problem. Took the bike for a little spin, so much better and that is without the exhaust and no other mods.
13Moose-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #635
joec63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Thanks guys. I just finished installing the fi programmer. Install was no problem. Took the bike for a little spin, so much better and that is without the exhaust and no other mods.
What kind of lead time to receive the exhaust ?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #636
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 825
Quote:
I have one on order too - can't wait to get it.

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #637
13Moose-man
Adventurer

Just finished installing the fmf megabomb and q4 exhaust. Looks freakin sweet! Have not started it up yet, I want the hi-temp silicone used at mid-header connection to cure properly (24 hours is what it recommends). Thanks ramz for the gasket part #, went down to the local dealer and they had one. Can't wait to try it out!
Old 10-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #638
Brk4moose
Could save your life

Oddometer: 24
So.......

I'm still new to posting on the forums although I check in often. I've owned both a 2001 KLR and a 2007 G650Xchallenge. I liked them both very much but no longer own either. I've got the dual sport itch again and need some advice..I've been considering buying a new KLR but have been reading some pretty good stuff about the CRF250L and had a few questions for the owners......

1. How would the CRF do with a 215 lb 6' foot tall guy riding it? Would it be too small for a guy my size?

2. Im looking for a commuter bike / dual sport bike for a 20 minute backroad ride to work during the week and something for the logging roads/ dirt roads in NH for the weekends..Would this bike fit the bill for that? Is it good on the road (30-55mph)?

3. I'm torn between the Honda or the KLR...I'm rarely on the highway and like the value of the Honda but having owned a KLR in the past don't want to miss the extra CC's..

Any advice would help, Thanks in advance!!!
Brk4moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #639
13Moose-man
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brk4moose View Post
So.......

I'm still new to posting on the forums although I check in often. I've owned both a 2001 KLR and a 2007 G650Xchallenge. I liked them both very much but no longer own either. I've got the dual sport itch again and need some advice..I've been considering buying a new KLR but have been reading some pretty good stuff about the CRF250L and had a few questions for the owners......

1. How would the CRF do with a 215 lb 6' foot tall guy riding it? Would it be too small for a guy my size?

2. Im looking for a commuter bike / dual sport bike for a 20 minute backroad ride to work during the week and something for the logging roads/ dirt roads in NH for the weekends..Would this bike fit the bill for that? Is it good on the road (30-55mph)?

3. I'm torn between the Honda or the KLR...I'm rarely on the highway and like the value of the Honda but having owned a KLR in the past don't want to miss the extra CC's..

I'm 240 lb 6' tall, it fits and hauls my carcass around just fine. I use mine for exactly for what you want to use it for and I love it. It cruises at 55 mph on pavement effortlessly. In my opinion if your not going to be on the highway that much its perfect for the riding you want to do.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #640
joec63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brk4moose View Post
So.......

Big disparity in displacement between the bikes but nontheless the CRFL can do what you're asking. I've cruised on the highway @ 75 mph indicated so 30-55 is no problem. Off road it's very capable for intermediate trails. Tougher stuff would require a sprocket change. Stock is a good compromise for street/trails.

The seat height may be an issue. I'm 5' 7" 30in inseam @170 so it probably fits me just right. I could see 6ft being on the edge of feeling cramped for extended riding. Definetly should go and see how it fits you.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #641
goondock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
I'm 240 lb 6' tall, it fits and hauls my carcass around just fine. I use mine for exactly for what you want to use it for and I love it. It cruises at 55 mph on pavement effortlessly. In my opinion if your not going to be on the highway that much its perfect for the riding you want to do.
I second this, I am 5'11" 6' on a good day and weigh 245, I mainly use the bike as a commuter I ride 30 miles one way to work and love it, it is fast enough and an enjoyable ride I would recommend it to anyone. for me it is too quiet.. I know a lot of guys on here are going to be shaking their heads but I have never had a problem with trial riding where i ride with my loud 2 stroke.. Next week i am going to get an FMF and the mega bomb. possibly a programer and a 13 tooth haven't decided yet
goondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #642
jtbek
ADV990R

Quote:
Just finished installing the fmf megabomb and q4 exhaust. Looks freakin sweet! Have not started it up yet, I want the hi-temp silicone used at mid-header connection to cure properly (24 hours is what it recommends). Thanks ramz for the gasket part #, went down to the local dealer and they had one. Can't wait to try it out!
How excited are you? Did you happen to weight the stock vs. the FMF? Man... be sure to write up a quick review once you take it out for a ride. did you also install the FI controller?
jtbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #643
CRFSoCal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Hey everyone, I am new to this site and new to motorcycle riding. I just purchased a CRF250l and so far I love it. Lots of good info from you veteran riders. Where is a good place or website to get aftermarket exhausts for the 250L?
Thank you in Advance.
CRFSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #644
joec63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFSoCal View Post
Hey everyone, I am new to this site and new to motorcycle riding. I just purchased a CRF250l and so far I love it. Lots of good info from you veteran riders. Where is a good place or website to get aftermarket exhausts for the 250L?
Thank you in Advance.
Welcome!, fmfracing.com
Old 10-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #645
13Moose-man
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbek View Post
How excited are you? Did you happen to weight the stock vs. the FMF? Man... be sure to write up a quick review once you take it out for a ride. did you also install the FI controller?
Didn't weigh them, but the fmf is quite a bit lighter and yes I did the FI controller. Probably won't be able to test it out until Friday, hopefully.