ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #1096
4play
Next?
 
4play's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Avondale, AZ
Oddometer: 2,278
I guess i counted wrong, I was so disgusted with the bike at that point I was not paying much attention, For the money the WRR is a much more capable machine. I honestly was hoping it'd be better, I've always been a Honda fan, but the sheer weight of this little piggy ruins it. The WRR is no lightweight, but it did not feel anywhere near this top heavy.& the suspension was decent.
__________________
I ride to give my mind a vacation, I work so I can ride
4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #1097
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND
 
STANIMAL's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Oddometer: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
I guess i counted wrong, I was so disgusted with the bike at that point I was not paying much attention, For the money the WRR is a much more capable machine. I honestly was hoping it'd be better, I've always been a Honda fan, but the sheer weight of this little piggy ruins it. The WRR is no lightweight, but it did not feel anywhere near this top heavy.& the suspension was decent.
Its a dualsport ,from the big four , they seem to all weight around 300lbs.
Also , its $4500 ! Not $6500 like the WRR or $9500 like a KTM. People are not buying these to race , just ride for fun . You will be disappointed if you expect anything else . Keep in mind that the service intervals and repair costs are pennies on the dollar for the CRF . Buy a kickstand bolt for a KTM , $15 ! I think its made from platinum.
__________________
If it don't have tits, spark plugs or gun powder, it don't interest me. ---Moose Dog
If you don't organize your tools, you're a terrible person.---Aghartha
You twatwaffles who enjoy fucking duffelbags full of deer antlers, simply stay out of the thread. ---Hardware02
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #1098
4play
Next?
 
4play's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Avondale, AZ
Oddometer: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
Its a dualsport ,from the big four , they seem to all weight around 300lbs.
Also , its $4500 ! Not $6500 like the WRR or $9500 like a KTM. People are not buying these to race , just ride for fun . You will be disappointed if you expect anything else . Keep in mind that the service intervals and repair costs are pennies on the dollar for the CRF . Buy a kickstand bolt for a KTM , $15 ! I think its made from platinum.

I was not comparing it to my KTM or any type of race bike, I was comparing it to the many japanese dualsports I have owned & ridden in the past. There happened to be an air cooled CRF230L on this same ride, It is a nice little light weight trail bike, I'm sure the 250 would be more roadworthy, but there was no comparison to the two once the pavement ends.
Park an old school air cooled 230L next to a 250L and I'd pick the 230L for a trail ride anytime. Pavement commute approaching hwy speeds & I'm sure the 250 would be a better choice. If the Yamaha is $2k more, it's worth every penny, but from the prices I've seen it's only ~$1200 more.
__________________
I ride to give my mind a vacation, I work so I can ride
4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #1099
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND
 
STANIMAL's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Oddometer: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
I was not comparing it to my KTM or any type of race bike, I was comparing it to the many japanese dualsports I have owned & ridden in the past. There happened to be an air cooled CRF230L on this same ride, It is a nice little light weight trail bike, I'm sure the 250 would be more roadworthy, but there was no comparison to the two once the pavement ends.
Park an old school air cooled 230L next to a 250L and I'd pick the 230L for a trail ride anytime. Pavement commute approaching hwy speeds & I'm sure the 250 would be a better choice. If the Yamaha is $2k more, it's worth every penny, but from the prices I've seen it's only ~$1200 more.
Unfortunately I dont think the Japanese are too concerned about weight . It would seem that they could make a 250lb bike, would be an easy task . I am disappointed they dont focus on a 350-450 cc DS bike to compete with husky and ktm .
__________________
If it don't have tits, spark plugs or gun powder, it don't interest me. ---Moose Dog
If you don't organize your tools, you're a terrible person.---Aghartha
You twatwaffles who enjoy fucking duffelbags full of deer antlers, simply stay out of the thread. ---Hardware02
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #1100
4play
Next?
 
4play's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Avondale, AZ
Oddometer: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
Unfortunately I dont think the Japanese are too concerned about weight . It would seem that they could make a 250lb bike, would be an easy task . I am disappointed they dont focus on a 350-450 cc DS bike to compete with husky and ktm .
Agreed, It is frustrating to know they could easily engineer a nice reliable FI 350cc-450cc bike that would weigh less than 300lbs with a full 3.5 gallon fuel tank.
__________________
I ride to give my mind a vacation, I work so I can ride
4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #1101
roundtripping
Adventourist
 
roundtripping's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 1,702
This thread is for the idiot people who bought the disgusting bike, though. So unless you have something constructive to add that the morons might benefit from you're in the wrong place and a liberal amount of STFU would be advisable.
__________________
12 F658GS
13 Honda CRF250L


My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #1102
4play
Next?
 
4play's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Avondale, AZ
Oddometer: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtripping View Post
This thread is for the idiot people who bought the disgusting bike, though. So unless you have something constructive to add that the morons might benefit from you're in the wrong place and a liberal amount of STFU would be advisable.
I appologize for an honest review on a product I rode
__________________
I ride to give my mind a vacation, I work so I can ride
4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #1103
Lost Rider
Roadie
 
Lost Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: On Tour!
Oddometer: 3,092
You forgot to pay attention to the thread title, this is the owners thread, not the "give us your opinion about the bike we own and you don't thread" . There's plenty of CRF250L vs. whatever threads it might be more appropriate to share your disgust for our bikes based on a short ride.
Obviously you have trouble thinking outside of your own personal needs in a motorbike and why it might just be perfect for someone else.
Your opinion is just that, and all a matter of perspective and therefore pointless. We already know how heavy or light this bike is since we own them. Nancy thinks that her CRF250L feels like a mountain bike compared to her G650GS, you think it's a pig. Fair enough, but since this is the owners thread, don't come shit it with your disgust since you don't even own one. Lots of places to voice your disgust without getting folks defensive besides here.

BTW, you having a hard time picking the little red pig up says far more about you than the bike, Nancy who weighs 125 pounds picked hers up about 5 times the other day and didn't even whine about it.
__________________
Photography for me is not about recreating what I saw through
the viewfinder but to show people the way I want to see the world.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 11-25-2012 at 04:18 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #1104
foxbrook
Adventurer
 
foxbrook's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
I appologize for an honest review on a product I rode
If you want to give your opinion why don't you go over to the official thread and save the OWNERS from your opinion
__________________
2013 CRF250L
1985 Yamaha (XJ750) Maxim "X"

foxbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #1105
bungie4
Frostback
 
bungie4's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Sudbury Ontario
Oddometer: 431
Please don't feed the trolls.
__________________
-Steve

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #1106
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,304
+1
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #1107
Leoffensive
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
Please don't feed the trolls.

even if said troll is a weakling that cant pick up a 300 pound bike?
Leoffensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #1108
Leoffensive
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 34
im new to bikes and still saving up for my first one but theres a lot of "bike experts and proracers" that complain a lot about bikes being to slow and heavy when they arent designed to be race bikes?

this is an observation ive noticed in my time researching for my first bike. its on every single bike forum ive been reading through.

this is the same on the truck forum tacomaworld.

theres lots of a robbie gordons that complain a lot about the tacomas they own that they try to turn into race trucks.
Leoffensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #1109
Lost Rider
Roadie
 
Lost Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: On Tour!
Oddometer: 3,092
Nothin' like bikes, chicks and guns to get this thread back on topic of CRF250L ownership and what we do with our bikes.
We found that the solid build of the CRFL makes for a good gun rest.



__________________
Photography for me is not about recreating what I saw through
the viewfinder but to show people the way I want to see the world.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #1110
Leoffensive
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Nothin' like bikes, chicks and guns to get this thread back on topic of CRF250L ownership and what we do with our bikes.





those henry ar7 rifles are cool. my dads friend bought one and it looks like a lot of fun.
Leoffensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014