Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #1096
4play
Next?

Oddometer: 2,278
I guess i counted wrong, I was so disgusted with the bike at that point I was not paying much attention, For the money the WRR is a much more capable machine. I honestly was hoping it'd be better, I've always been a Honda fan, but the sheer weight of this little piggy ruins it. The WRR is no lightweight, but it did not feel anywhere near this top heavy.& the suspension was decent.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #1097
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
I guess i counted wrong, I was so disgusted with the bike at that point I was not paying much attention, For the money the WRR is a much more capable machine. I honestly was hoping it'd be better, I've always been a Honda fan, but the sheer weight of this little piggy ruins it. The WRR is no lightweight, but it did not feel anywhere near this top heavy.& the suspension was decent.
Its a dualsport ,from the big four , they seem to all weight around 300lbs.
Also , its $4500 ! Not $6500 like the WRR or $9500 like a KTM. People are not buying these to race , just ride for fun . You will be disappointed if you expect anything else . Keep in mind that the service intervals and repair costs are pennies on the dollar for the CRF . Buy a kickstand bolt for a KTM , $15 ! I think its made from platinum.
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #1098
4play
Next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
Its a dualsport ,from the big four , they seem to all weight around 300lbs.
Also , its $4500 ! Not $6500 like the WRR or $9500 like a KTM. People are not buying these to race , just ride for fun . You will be disappointed if you expect anything else . Keep in mind that the service intervals and repair costs are pennies on the dollar for the CRF . Buy a kickstand bolt for a KTM , $15 ! I think its made from platinum.

I was not comparing it to my KTM or any type of race bike, I was comparing it to the many japanese dualsports I have owned & ridden in the past. There happened to be an air cooled CRF230L on this same ride, It is a nice little light weight trail bike, I'm sure the 250 would be more roadworthy, but there was no comparison to the two once the pavement ends.
Park an old school air cooled 230L next to a 250L and I'd pick the 230L for a trail ride anytime. Pavement commute approaching hwy speeds & I'm sure the 250 would be a better choice. If the Yamaha is $2k more, it's worth every penny, but from the prices I've seen it's only ~$1200 more.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #1099
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer: 2,680
Quote:
I was not comparing it to my KTM or any type of race bike, I was comparing it to the many japanese dualsports I have owned & ridden in the past. There happened to be an air cooled CRF230L on this same ride, It is a nice little light weight trail bike, I'm sure the 250 would be more roadworthy, but there was no comparison to the two once the pavement ends.
Park an old school air cooled 230L next to a 250L and I'd pick the 230L for a trail ride anytime. Pavement commute approaching hwy speeds & I'm sure the 250 would be a better choice. If the Yamaha is $2k more, it's worth every penny, but from the prices I've seen it's only ~$1200 more.
Unfortunately I dont think the Japanese are too concerned about weight . It would seem that they could make a 250lb bike, would be an easy task . I am disappointed they dont focus on a 350-450 cc DS bike to compete with husky and ktm .
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #1100
4play
Next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
Unfortunately I dont think the Japanese are too concerned about weight . It would seem that they could make a 250lb bike, would be an easy task . I am disappointed they dont focus on a 350-450 cc DS bike to compete with husky and ktm .
Agreed, It is frustrating to know they could easily engineer a nice reliable FI 350cc-450cc bike that would weigh less than 300lbs with a full 3.5 gallon fuel tank.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #1101
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
This thread is for the idiot people who bought the disgusting bike, though. So unless you have something constructive to add that the morons might benefit from you're in the wrong place and a liberal amount of STFU would be advisable.

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #1102
4play
Next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtripping View Post
This thread is for the idiot people who bought the disgusting bike, though. So unless you have something constructive to add that the morons might benefit from you're in the wrong place and a liberal amount of STFU would be advisable.
I appologize for an honest review on a product I rode
Old 11-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #1103
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,092
You forgot to pay attention to the thread title, this is the owners thread, not the "give us your opinion about the bike we own and you don't thread" . There's plenty of CRF250L vs. whatever threads it might be more appropriate to share your disgust for our bikes based on a short ride.
Obviously you have trouble thinking outside of your own personal needs in a motorbike and why it might just be perfect for someone else.
Your opinion is just that, and all a matter of perspective and therefore pointless. We already know how heavy or light this bike is since we own them. Nancy thinks that her CRF250L feels like a mountain bike compared to her G650GS, you think it's a pig. Fair enough, but since this is the owners thread, don't come shit it with your disgust since you don't even own one. Lots of places to voice your disgust without getting folks defensive besides here.

BTW, you having a hard time picking the little red pig up says far more about you than the bike, Nancy who weighs 125 pounds picked hers up about 5 times the other day and didn't even whine about it.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 11-25-2012 at 04:18 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #1104
foxbrook
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
I appologize for an honest review on a product I rode
If you want to give your opinion why don't you go over to the official thread and save the OWNERS from your opinion

foxbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #1105
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 431
Please don't feed the trolls.

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #1106
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,304
+1
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #1107
Leoffensive
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
Please don't feed the trolls.

even if said troll is a weakling that cant pick up a 300 pound bike?
Leoffensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #1108
Leoffensive
Adventurer

im new to bikes and still saving up for my first one but theres a lot of "bike experts and proracers" that complain a lot about bikes being to slow and heavy when they arent designed to be race bikes?

this is an observation ive noticed in my time researching for my first bike. its on every single bike forum ive been reading through.

this is the same on the truck forum tacomaworld.

theres lots of a robbie gordons that complain a lot about the tacomas they own that they try to turn into race trucks.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #1109
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,092
Nothin' like bikes, chicks and guns to get this thread back on topic of CRF250L ownership and what we do with our bikes.
We found that the solid build of the CRFL makes for a good gun rest.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #1110
Leoffensive
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Nothin' like bikes, chicks and guns to get this thread back on topic of CRF250L ownership and what we do with our bikes.

those henry ar7 rifles are cool. my dads friend bought one and it looks like a lot of fun.