Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #106
Downstater
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt699 View Post
What up Homeboy,

I am not from jersey, but I work in Mahwah, from Orange county NY. The owners manual should be under your seat. you can take off the seat with the allen key provided in the tool kit wich is in the locked compartment on the left side of your bike. it's the two luggage rack bolts that go into the seat.

-Dirt
I grew up in Mahwah. Still have some friends there. Great place. Pops still lives there.

I have find memories of riding all over stagg mountain as a kid. Some awesome trails up that way just watch out for the locals. They don't like "outsiders" or at least that's how it was 20 yrs ago.
Downstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #107
ml_homeboy
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Thanks

Thanks All - Got my manual :)

I checked the front, may be the fins over the radiator thats making the noise or the tires as dirt699 mentioned.

As other have mentioned it needs a pipe, it runs as quite as the Honda eu2000 generators I have for camping.
ml_homeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #108
Dirt699
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downstater View Post
I grew up in Mahwah. Still have some friends there. Great place. Pops still lives there.

I have find memories of riding all over stagg mountain as a kid. Some awesome trails up that way just watch out for the locals. They don't like "outsiders" or at least that's how it was 20 yrs ago.
Yeah I like Mahwah it's a good place and Jersey boys has really good pizza! I work for Hydroqual not sure if you heard of it. on MacArthur Blvd. now HDR.

Know any good trails in the area?
Dirt699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #109
Wargasm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Had my first servicing done today, total of 728km now. Not entirely sure what they did, couldn't stick around as I had just gotten off noght shift. work order says they checked valve clearances, adjusted chain(which I had done already), brake adjustments, and changed all fluids. Grand total of $87.00. Free oil filter and drain plucg gasket as well as labour for the oil change, all covered by then extended warranty which is probably a waste of money but it gives me a little extra coverage as well. Biek is working good, wish it had a little more torque to pop the front end when hitting the big puddles, but seems to be running like a champ,
Wargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #110
Downstater
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargasm View Post
Had my first servicing done today, total of 728km now. Not entirely sure what they did, couldn't stick around as I had just gotten off noght shift. work order says they checked valve clearances, adjusted chain(which I had done already), brake adjustments, and changed all fluids. Grand total of $87.00. Free oil filter and drain plucg gasket as well as labour for the oil change, all covered by then extended warranty which is probably a waste of money but it gives me a little extra coverage as well. Biek is working good, wish it had a little more torque to pop the front end when hitting the big puddles, but seems to be running like a champ,
An aftermarket exhaust and power commander programmer (both available soon) will uncork this bike nicely and make popping the front up easy... Although mine already does without the aforementioned parts. Another thing you might want to look into is a 13 sprocket up front.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #111
Downstater
Adventurer

I talked to fmf again today. They said to expect all the exhaust models for this bike to be ready within the month!

Problem is I don't know if the bazzaz or pcV programmers will be available by then. Can't do the exhaust with out the programmer.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #112
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,681
TCI - Turbo City
http://tciproductsusa.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/TCI-Pr...29415333760313
like all their systems, the top will be available by itself.

You can use a Giant Loop Coyote bag sitting on the rear of the seat strapped to the front edge of this rack and use a Wolfman dry duffel on the rear rack and bam you're ready to ADV tour.
http://www.giantloopmoto.com/products/coyote-saddlebag
http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedi...y_duffels.html

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com

eakins screwed with this post 09-12-2012 at 04:38 PM
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #113
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,681
Quote:
I talked to fmf again today. They said to expect all the exhaust models for this bike to be ready within the month!

Problem is I don't know if the bazzaz or pcV programmers will be available by then. Can't do the exhaust with out the programmer.
plenty of people do on other bikes.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #114
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 826
Quote:

I don't think that will be an issue - the FI should be able to compensate, maybe not as much as a remap via programmer, but it should be able to handle it. It was a fundamental reason why I chose this bike - the FI - no re jetting..

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #115
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Rear sprocket change

Question - Anybody besides ramz change the rear sprocket yet on the bike? I got a 42 tooth one and was wondering if anyone experienced the same difficulty that he did (as detailed on his site) replacing it..

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #116
taninthai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
Question - Anybody besides ramz change the rear sprocket yet on the bike? I got a 42 tooth one and was wondering if anyone experienced the same difficulty that he did (as detailed on his site) replacing it..
I haven't got a rea sprocket yet but I have tried to take the existing sprocket off with no success just ended up rounding two off the Allen head bolts they are now going to need drilling out maybe a good idea to buy a new sprocket nut and bolt kit at the same time you buy sprocket let us know how you get on when you try to change it
taninthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #117
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Maybe I'll just take the rear tire to a shop and have them do it ...hmmmmm

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

Old 09-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #118
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
It seems the CRF250L employs the same sprocket and sprocket bolts as my Honda XR650L. XR650L owners don't tighten or loosen the sprocket bolts with an Allen key. We use an Allen key to hold the bolt head, and tighten or loosen the lock nut with a wrench. If you try to tighten or loosen the bolts with an Allen key, you will certainly strip many of the bolt heads.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #119
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,964
Quote:
We use an Allen key to hold the bolt head, and tighten or loosen the lock nut with a wrench. If you try to tighten or loosen the bolts with an Allen key, you will certainly strip many of the bolt heads.
In my description, I use a box end wrench to loosen the nut and an allen key to keep the head from moving. The force required to loosen the nut is very great - I had to use a 3ft pipe extension on the box end wrench. And for two of the bolts, the bolt heads twisted right out of the stationary allen key.

I think they overtightened the nuts.

If I could have gotten an air gun/socket onto the nuts, it would have been easy-peasy - no-go, the spokes are in the way.

Anyway, I tightened the nuts to the correct torque and they loosen just fine, now.

http://rickramsey.net/CRF250Lmods.htm#gearing
ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #120
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 99,205
I think I'm going to get one of these bikes. Putting a couple guns up for sale to kick off the new bike fund.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote