User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
theshnizzle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 780
Rode 12 hours to meet alcan for lunch

I had read earlier that he was going to be in PA,which isn't that far,relativly speaking from me, so I suggested we could meet somewhere then off for lunch. He agreed,and we hooked up in Erie. After a rather substansial meal at " The Breakfast Place",we can't recommend it highly enough, the pancakes were the size of dinner plates! sausages were twice the size that was legal and the whole breakfast could sustain a normal human for several days or put you into a fat/ carb breakfastly induced coma.

Afterwards it was recommended by a local we ride around Pres'quil Park, which we did, after much fumbling,stoppping andGPS-ing. Between the 2 of these seasoned travellers,we couldn't find our way out of paper bag....but after following the crowds, we managed to discover it, feeling a bit like columbus

As often as I ride in helmetless states ,i still shake my head at the lack of gear.I see constantly. Although, at least the dude doing a stand-on-the-tank- wheelie down the middle of a very busy street was at least wearing a helmet.....I was like...WTF!!

Jack and I are aliens in PA in our full gear.

Anyway, it was wonderful to meet Jack again, I figured I wouldn't see him again until my next trip up north,whenever that would be,so getting up at 4 am to ride and hang out for the day was a no brainer. for me, if anyone deserves the effort, it's Jack.......

( Hey, Mark, I gave Jack a BIG HUG, to pass on to you, I am just realizing now that may be somewhat awkward, bro hug!!!).
theshnizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Cubdriver
Stampede Swimmer

Oddometer: 662
EERIE PA. That is my old stomping ground where I SHOULD have grown up. Many a trip around Presque Isle on the Honda 305 Scrambler (the one in my avatar with my mother on the back). Not sure I would ride 12 hours to get there, Alcan Rider or not. If you get a chance, raise a glass at Sullivans on 4th street.

For Mrs CD:F650GS, G650GS
Cubdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
KHuddy
Big Sky Country

Oddometer: 2,601
Alas, another fair maiden has fallen under the mesmeric influence of Alcan Jack. Before you tread too far down the candlelit lane with Ole Svengali Jack , you need to have him explain his dalliance with Maggie.... not a pretty story.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
HayDuchessLives
Loquita

Oddometer: 1,118
Coincidence???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHuddy View Post
Alas, another fair maiden has fallen under the mesmeric influence of Alcan Jack. Before you tread too far down the candlelit lane with Ole Svengali Jack ,.....
Jack obviously continued his reknowned and well-deserved reputation as a Lothario, visiting women on both sides of the continent, in different states, and different countries! I bet Maggie isn't too happy with him.

Hey - do you think there's any coincidence that on the same evening the Gregarious Svengali Geezer from Glennallen returns to Anchorage, our severe wind and rain storm continues? I don't envy the bumpy turbulence he'll endure while landing. There were quite a few downed trees and branches in my neighborhood this morning but thankfully all of the trees in my yard remained upright, so far. Unfortunately my house is still without power. I may have to break out some camping gear to cook dinner and heat water!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808795
HayDuchessLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,840
Apparently theshnizzle wasn't too "mesmerized" by my presence, as she displayed more boredom than excitement that afternoon in the park.

Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
KHuddy
Big Sky Country

Oddometer: 2,601
That can best be decribed as a swoon......
Old 09-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
Yukoner2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
theschnizzel (laurie)

Good to see you caught up with the gentleman from the frozen land of Alaska. It seems you can sleep on the lawn down south, but I never saw you sleep on a lawn in Dawson...I did first "bump" in to you on a lawn in Dawson, and it was great to meet You.. I don't expect you back in Dawson for a year or two, but if you are going back for D2D 013, I will be there.. Stay away from the bad people (Fite, Grizz, Hacky Moto, The Dick) they will lead you astray and get you to go off roading with the "busa" Take care...................Jon
Yukoner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #8
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan Rider View Post
Apparently theshnizzle wasn't too "mesmerized" by my presence, as she displayed more boredom than excitement that afternoon in the park.

I'm sure I see a cigarette in her hand......lol
Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by willys View Post
I'm sure I see a cigarette in her hand......lol
It does seem as tho she has sort of a satisfied smiling smirk on her face.

Way cool the two of you got to meet up. Mark H.
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote