ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #16
Dual-Sport-Noob OP
SoCal 650

Oddometer: 15
My House Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsB View Post
Cant do this weekend; but I'd be up for a ride nest weekend.
My Big Bear motorcycle house pass is only good on "second Saturdays". What are you doing October 13th?
Dual-Sport-Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisthepig View Post
subscribed and interested.
I have an F800gs and also enjoy the slower pace.
Hey francisthepig. Did you ever get knobby tires for f800gs? The stock ones did not do well in the mud. I am breaking in the motor on my old L. I should be riding big bear in a week or two. its been almost a year since I have been ds riding. I plan to take it easy maybe you will like to join me? Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #18
Dual-Sport-Noob OP
SoCal 650

See You Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune Rider View Post
I like your plan, but I will meet you at Nottinghams around 9 to 9:30 for coffee and meet the guys also. We can then decide which ride to take, I have a few to choose from. See you then.

Andy
Great. See you Saturday morning at Nottingham's.

My 1992 blue "Barbie Bike" is pretty easy to spot. I took the photos below at the top of Satiago Peak overlooking Orange County (http://goo.gl/maps/4Ov3E) only a few short hours after buying the bike from the previous owner last year.

The knobbie tires in these photos have been swapped out with 80/20 street/dirt tires so I can ride the 80 miles to Big Bear without getting vibrated to death.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #19
francisthepig
Dances with Lurkers

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual-Sport-Noob View Post
Andy, How about I meet you at Big Pine Flat campground (http://goo.gl/maps/mHVIR) with any non-hardcores that want to join for a ride around 11am? That will give me time to better meet the people at the 9am BBTR breakfast. If I leave Nottinghams by 10am that will give me pleanty of time (http://goo.gl/maps/k832u) to get to Big Pine Flat campground by 11am.

After meeting up I'd be interested in having you show me & any other interested riders any cool rides you know in that area. I've never toured the Silverlake area so I'd be up for exploring anything between Big Pine Flat and Interstate 15.
Is this still a plan to hook up with others at 11am? I got the ok to go out an play on Saturday, but it would be tough for me to get up there by 9.
Ben, I did put some knobbies on for the Noob DV ride, but right now I am on Shrinko's 705's
Robert
francisthepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #20
dhillr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,605
Would love to join you guys but just can't do this weekend. I'm good for the next weekend or any others in late September / early October. I'd likely ride up Friday evening so I can camp Friday and Saturday....home Sunday afternoon.

Anyone else planning to camp??

Cheers!
Dave
dhillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #21
Dual-Sport-Noob OP
SoCal 650

Saturday Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisthepig View Post
Is this still a plan to hook up with others at 11am? I got the ok to go out an play on Saturday, but it would be tough for me to get up there by 9.
Ben, I did put some knobbies on for the Noob DV ride, but right now I am on Shrinko's 705's
Robert
Francis, I'm planning on meeting Andy at the 9am BBTR meeting at Nottinghams but it sounds like we'll be in the Big Pine Flat campground area around 11am still for a ride on the North side of the lake towards Silver Lake.

Email me (ateldan@gmail.com) your cell number and I'll confirm Saturday morning when we meet for breakfast at the BBTR meeting.

Congrats on getting the pass. Looking forward to meeting and riding with you.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #22
Dual-Sport-Noob OP
SoCal 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillr View Post
Would love to join you guys but just can't do this weekend. I'm good for the next weekend or any others in late September / early October. I'd likely ride up Friday evening so I can camp Friday and Saturday....home Sunday afternoon.

Anyone else planning to camp??

Cheers!
Dave
Dave, My next house pass is not until October 13th but I'll tell anyone I meet on Saturday to check this thread.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #23
Dune Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Nice bike. I'll be the guy on the red KLX250 with the bright lime green jersey on. See you tomorrow.

Andy
Dune Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
buenfeelings
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Great!

Myself and my best 2 buddies will be riding out on our 1200gs leaving LA by 8:30 am.
Hopefully we can all met up.

Eduardo
buenfeelings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #25
BigBearRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenfeelings View Post
Myself and my best 2 buddies will be riding out on our 1200gs leaving LA by 8:30 am.
Hopefully we can all met up.

Eduardo
Did one of you have an 1150? We saw two GSAs and an 1150 somewhere mid-way on the ride.

A good time was had by all.

BigBearRider screwed with this post 09-08-2012 at 04:48 PM Reason: corrected typo for readability
BigBearRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #26
speedygee68
dirt eater

Oddometer: 214
I wish I would have seen this thread earlier. Big Bear Saturdays sound good to me. I wouldn't mind doing some Sundays either. Some Saturdays are good and others I may be booked. But keep me on the list. My bike is in two different categories. I'm the biggest of small bikes. I'm the smallest of big bikes. Husky TE610. So I don't mind mixing it up a bit.
speedygee68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #27
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Maybe some of you are interested in some High Desert Saturday rides? I live in Apple Valley and can lead rides from my place throughout the desert and mountain areas. I've lived in the high desert most of my life and know 1000's of miles of roads and trails.

I have decades of offroad riding and racing under my belt an enjoy showing less experienced riders the fantastic riding and cool stuff to see in the area. I can also help you bring your ride skills to the next level.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #28
K0ncept
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
That sounds like tons of fun... I am hoping to be back on a bike in the next HOPEFULLY 3-4 weeks... It really sucks going into the garage to pet her... But with all this downtime I have cleaned up the garage and sold off 3 dirt bikes I didnt need anymore .. Well it's really the only way I can afford to be on State Disability and still make the payments... Damn Aflac has yet to kick in as the hospital is slow on paperwork ...

But I would rather ride up into BB from the desert, I have had the most fun on my bike going that way, and driving up/down from BB SUCKS lol, I just LOVE how the CHP seems to be in every shady spot on the way home down the hill fackers...
K0ncept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #29
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0ncept View Post
That sounds like tons of fun... I am hoping to be back on a bike in the next HOPEFULLY 3-4 weeks... It really sucks going into the garage to pet her... But with all this downtime I have cleaned up the garage and sold off 3 dirt bikes I didnt need anymore .. Well it's really the only way I can afford to be on State Disability and still make the payments... Damn Aflac has yet to kick in as the hospital is slow on paperwork ...

But I would rather ride up into BB from the desert, I have had the most fun on my bike going that way, and driving up/down from BB SUCKS lol, I just LOVE how the CHP seems to be in every shady spot on the way home down the hill fackers...
Don't worry, I know the "good way" to Big Bear from the desert side , you won't be disapointed. Any ride I take you guys on will be outstanding and fun. My goal is fun for all, regardless of skill level. I just like to share my many years of riding and exploring the high desert and local mountains with dudes that just want to enjoy a good ride experience with a professional level guide at no cost.

Mojave Mutt screwed with this post 09-09-2012 at 01:22 PM
Mojave Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #30
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave Mutt View Post
Don't worry, I know the "good way" to Big Bear from the desert side , you won't be disapointed. Any ride I take you guys on will be outstanding and fun. My goal is fun for all, regardless of skill level. I just like to share my many years of riding and exploring the high desert and local mountains with dudes that just want to enjoy a good ride experience with a professional level guide at no cost.
Right on MM!
My YouTube
Save $5 when you sign-up with SmugMug: COUPON
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote