Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 04:03 AM   #61
Simplyred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
You may also want to investigate if there are any options for filing for bankruptcy of this guy.
Maybe other Romanian ADV riders can chime in on what the rules are about this in Romania, and whether this may sort effect or not. It depends per country and culture. If this is done in Romania, you could already write such a paper and send it to him upfront in copy as a last chance to pay immediately.
Simplyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #62
HolyCannoli OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Well, It seems that he can not keep his word. He told me 9 days ago that he would refund my money in 7 days. Big Suprise.

I would like to ask the Romanian members here to please post this link on Romanian sites that this guy is on so people are aware that he is a theif.
HolyCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #63
Lorretto
City Dweller Crushperado

Oddometer: 298
HC

I assume you have seen the 9 videos on Youtube under
konvoiromania11

If not you may want to post your experience
Lorretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #64
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,262
I get the feeling his rating is about to nosedive

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #65
t6pilot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Same think happens of other web sites
Three years ago ordered a Dirty Harry holster from lawman leather in Las Vegas paid up front (my mistake) one email after another holster almost ready shipping soon
Bull shit these two scam artists fleeced dozens of buyers and were finally run out of Vegas, their now operation their scam operation in Texas. Anyone offering original Dirty Harry holsters stay away from. These guys are total fucking
Thieves
t6pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #66
Jerry D
n00b

Oddometer: 4
hi nice to meet every one,

not sure what could be done for international problems but what i have done in the past when some one rips me off like this is go to my local court house spend the $30 to open a suite spend an other $30-50 to have them served and bring the case on. if they don't show up you end up with a default judgement then sell it to a collection agency or collect it your self. you may not get your full amount back but you will get a good part back. you would be surprised how often people change their minds about doing the right thing once served with court documents. i have done this a few times, twice with ebay after palpay refused to help and it has worked on every occasion. one paid right after being served the other after the default judgment and threat's of making a stink for none payment. like reporting it to the credit report agencies.
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #67
subybaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
hi nice to meet every one,

not sure what could be done for international problems but what i have done in the past when some one rips me off like this is go to my local court house spend the $30 to open a suite spend an other $30-50 to have them served and bring the case on. if they don't show up you end up with a default judgement then sell it to a collection agency or collect it your self. you may not get your full amount back but you will get a good part back. you would be surprised how often people change their minds about doing the right thing once served with court documents. i have done this a few times, twice with ebay after palpay refused to help and it has worked on every occasion. one paid right after being served the other after the default judgment and threat's of making a stink for none payment. like reporting it to the credit report agencies.
Hey, JD! Welcome to the shortbus!

You did notice that the seller's in Romania, right?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #68
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,133

bump
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #69
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by subybaja View Post
Hey, JD! Welcome to the shortbus!
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #70
marcone
V-Stromer

Oddometer: 36
Any update on the outcome on this?

The guy with the luggage said it maid things right for HolyCannoli in the end for : http://www.motociclism.ro/forum/inde...st__p__3232874
Last line states: "I already made things right even for him, hope he is pleased".
marcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #71
HolyCannoli OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcone View Post
Any update on the outcome on this?

The guy with the luggage said it maid things right for HolyCannoli in the end for : http://www.motociclism.ro/forum/inde...st__p__3232874
Last line states: "I already made things right even for him, hope he is pleased".

I am not sure how he made things right as I still have no money and no luggage. Istvan emailed me on 9/19 saying:
Quote:
In 7 days the payment is made to you
7 days came and went with no contact at all. So I emailed again on the 26th & 27th asking why he keeps jerking me around like this. His response came on 9/29 along with 20 photos of luggage...

Quote:
Hello

It is not difficult and look things from your point of view
You're absolutely right I never said it would not be so
Unfortunately for me it was just delayed, I depended too much on others
Only now can say that I came not to depend on anyone
cause I'm all alone
There happened to not honor an order and I'm not going to do
that for-like commands Fri constant (with all that negative advertising
is still advertising)
Unfortunately after some good intentions of fellow
Monday I will end with the body control that you have to visit
months immediately sit back control over what you make and pay
and you're the only one I send them a bonus offered many gift sets
so that I will send you a set of bags bonus for me
I want to tell you that do not require compassion
but I started this one, his wife died, and I invested everything I had in
this business
Thank you for your understanding and we hear Monday
I am not sure what he was trying to tell me with this and unfortunately, he hasn't emailed me back. I am going to try to post of some of the Romanian sites he is on frequently as he seems to be selling a lot of his stuff in the country now but none of the sites have english translations so it is really difficult.

I know this guy has made a lot of bags for lots of people. I can;t understand why he picked me to rip off but I guess thats just the way it is.
HolyCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #72
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,974
I don't know, but I think his brother lives in Morgantown and I hired him to put a roof on my house.

A month ago.

Hope this gets resolved, but I don't know how you would go about it legally. I'm enough of an asshole to fly to Romania, find him, kick him in the sack and return home.
I'm not sure why he thinks sending you pictures of luggage is supposed to make you happy.

Can you use a translator on any of those sites?
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #73
Simplyred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
As far as I see it, this is a well known method of keeping "customers" on a distance. Promises, promises, promises.... that are never kept. Most of the people who encounter this will stop trying and take their loss after some time. He probably knows that and plays the game like that. It does not cost him anything to write you an e-mail, or send you pictures. You can't even rely on ANYTHING he writes being true. In the past, Rumania had a very, very bad name in terms of reliability of vendors. That has changed some since the country became a EU-member.

However, I guess when you tell him to have the panniers ready next week because "a Rumanian friend" will pick them up, he will probably say that he could not do that because "they have just been shipped out". NOT of course. He is just stalling you until you give up.

I think your only chance at some point is to file official charges against him with the local police authorities and make a fuzz about it where you can. Remember, that the country IS a member of the European Union and as such is under control of Brussels to a certain level. They might not want one of their citizens ripping off European or US-citizens. Not that your personal situation would be of any priority of them, but if they receive more complaints, someone might want to go and take a look there.

Keep us posted!
Simplyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #74
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
I have been reading this thread and it is a shame you have been ripped off..
How about asking a few of the Romanian guys to pay him a visit?
I bet if someone squeezed his balls hard enough, you would get your money back.
japako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #75
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,974
^ Now this is a solution.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote