User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
prooney377 OP
Pete Rooney

Oddometer: 46
Thumb A loop of North Wales.

When I woke up on Sunday the weather was forecast for light cloud but no rain. As it turned out, even though I woke early to make the most of the day it was drizzly, and that fine drizzle that gets you wet through . Anyway, as I was up I thought f**k it I'll go out anyway. No sooner had I made the decision than the sun did in deed come out. No particular plan but my internal compass seemed to be drawing me to North Wales. The only loose plan was to steer clear of the motorways. Heading from Skem I crossed the Runcorn Bridge

Then headed on past Frodsham, Chester, Wrexham and Ruthin before ending up at Betws Y Coed for a nice coffee and a read of the round up of last weekends sport in the MCN.

After me brew I headed along the A5 through Snowdonia NP north towards Conwy. (I know there is a better route but I wanted to ride through the park). I happened upon a nice photo opportunity along the way.

Onwards and upwards to Conwy and another photo opportunity or two in front of the castle.

Unfortunately by this time it was time for me to head home. Been a while since I have done North Wales but weather permitting I'll be heading back soon.

Made a short video of the day too.

Thanks for taking the time to read my first ADV RR

prooney377 screwed with this post 09-22-2012 at 10:05 AM
prooney377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Benduro
Accountabilibuddy

Oddometer: 781
Nice one, mate! I love Wales! Good stuff. Out in the sticks, the Welsh you'll meet in a small local are top quality!
Keep it up! I miss it.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #3
jmcg
Turpinated..

Oddometer: 335
Very nice.

Thanks.

JM.
jmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
prooney377 OP
Pete Rooney

Discovered how to embed video

Just discovered how to embed video in a thread so have embedded the video I made of the day.

Cheers for looking.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
stamp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
nice one dude, i was up wales when parts of it flooded, lucky i was in the 4x4 i have never seen so much rain good vid also
stamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
nick949eldo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 587
I enjoyed the video - congratulations on a fine job. I miss those roads - but not the traffic. Betws-y- Coed has changed a bit since I was last there (1968), but the hills and Llyn Ogwen look about the same.

One of those life changing moments happened close by. I was coming down from a hike in the Carnedds when an Ariel Red Hunter came roaring down the road carrying full camping gear, its exhaust symphony reverberating down the valley.

It was too beautiful for words. I'm still a sucker for motorbikes that sound like motorbikes - not some bloody outboard motor!

Nick
nick949eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
ardbeglily
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
great

Wales looks beautiful and it's the only part of the UK I have not been to. I am also a Rooney and originally from just across the Irish Sea past the great IOM.
ardbeglily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
prooney377 OP
Pete Rooney

Good Irish Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardbeglily View Post
Wales looks beautiful and it's the only part of the UK I have not been to. I am also a Rooney and originally from just across the Irish Sea past the great IOM.
I'm living in the Liverpool area but my family are all Irish too. The older half of my dad's brothers were born in and around Dublin, and from my dad onwards were all born in 'the pool'.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
prooney377 OP
Pete Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick949eldo View Post
I enjoyed the video - congratulations on a fine job. I miss those roads - but not the traffic. Betws-y- Coed has changed a bit since I was last there (1968), but the hills and Llyn Ogwen look about the same.

One of those life changing moments happened close by. I was coming down from a hike in the Carnedds when an Ariel Red Hunter came roaring down the road carrying full camping gear, its exhaust symphony reverberating down the valley.

It was too beautiful for words. I'm still a sucker for motorbikes that sound like motorbikes - not some bloody outboard motor!

Nick
Thanks for the reply Nick. Ironically I started reading your blog on the 74 Guzzi only a few days ago. I was born in 74 and since I started riding in the early 90's I have always fancied a bike that was born the same year as I was. One day maybe, fingers crossed.

Cheers

Pete
Old 09-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #10
nick949eldo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by prooney377 View Post
Thanks for the reply Nick. Ironically I started reading your blog on the 74 Guzzi only a few days ago. I was born in 74 and since I started riding in the early 90's I have always fancied a bike that was born the same year as I was. One day maybe, fingers crossed.

Cheers

Pete
Pete,

Go for it. Find that 74 that turns your crank and never let it go! The closest I ever came was a 1950 Panther when I was 16 (I'm a 51 model), which I have regretted selling ever since. But I'm young yet - there's still plenty of time......

Nick
nick949eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
Av8rPaul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Just found your RR, nice! Love putting the moves on the Ferraris. I've recently been afflicted with SM-T fever and will be buying one soon.
IBA #33
KTM 950 Adventure, Buell 1125R, Ducati ST4S, BMW R100/7 (x2), Triumph T140E, Suzuki GS1100G, Yamaha SR500, Honda CB750K, and a bunch of dirt bikes...
Av8rPaul is offline   Reply With Quote