ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #91
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
I personally don't care for the mascot idea. The "tagging game" has been going on for years all over the world. None use "mascots." Then it just becomes a lame geocaching game. The whole point of this is to ride anyway, not win. Thats why interesting / scenic spots should be used if possible to make the ride fun. If it turns into a geocaching game, then it becomes more about finding this dumb toy vs riding. Not to mention when you do get a tag, you now have to go through the process of hiding this toy when you find a new spot. I personally have a few ideas for tags (if I ever win a tag) that are nothing more than scenic spots. There isn't a place to hide anything short of hiding it under a pile of leaves or something. Further, when I do get to a spot, I don't want to dick around with hiding something. I want to enjoy the scenery and then ride some more.

I don't know about you guys, but I want to ride, and not look for a dumb toy. If someone snags the tag before you and you didn't get to post on the road because you live in 1989 without a smart phone, then thats just the way it is. You were Bruced. Try harder next time. I do have a smart phone and I was still Bruced by MikeSova earlier in this game by about 20 minutes. I didn't care, because a buddy and myself still go to go ride, which was what we were going to be doing anyway.

Just so there is no confusion, this game is about RIDING.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #92
mikesova OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I personally don't care for the mascot idea. The "tagging game" has been going on for years all over the world. None use "mascots." Then it just becomes a lame geocaching game. The whole point of this is to ride anyway, not win. Thats why interesting / scenic spots should be used if possible to make the ride fun. If it turns into a geocaching game, then it becomes more about finding this dumb toy vs riding. Not to mention when you do get a tag, you now have to go through the process of hiding this toy when you find a new spot. I personally have a few ideas for tags (if I ever win a tag) that are nothing more than scenic spots. There isn't a place to hide anything short of hiding it under a pile of leaves or something. Further, when I do get to a spot, I don't want to dick around with hiding something. I want to enjoy the scenery and then ride some more.

I don't know about you guys, but I want to ride, and not look for a dumb toy. If someone snags the tag before you and you didn't get to post on the road because you live in 1989 without a smart phone, then thats just the way it is. You were Bruced. Try harder next time. I do have a smart phone and I was still Bruced by MikeSova earlier in this game by about 20 minutes. I didn't care, because a buddy and myself still go to go ride, which was what we were going to be doing anyway.

I kind of agree with this.

I would also like to apologize to everyone for my last tag's lameness. I just wanted it to be done and over with because I was cold and wet.

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #93
two trackin fool
Scott

Oddometer: 1,188
Hey I'm not sure what I missed here but as far as I'm conserned it is fine the way it is !
I was just wondering how things were being posted in mid ride !!

I was just thinking it was cool someone could actually follow you and move it right behind you .

In my opion us riders that are stuck in the 80's just can't post till we get home to ME that is not an issue !! Don't be getting any bunched up underware becouse I chose to not get a Smart phone . LoL

Just give me a land mark or something I can plug into my GPS & Im good to go .

I AM NOT CRYING AT ALL !!!!!!

I have just been to busy to do anything during the week . I will snag it up on a weekend I have no problem putting miles on the KLR I have had her 3 years come April and Im about to roll 28000 . I aint scared ! Later
two trackin fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #94
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by two trackin fool View Post
Hey I'm not sure what I missed here but as far as I'm conserned it is fine the way it is !
I was just wondering how things were being posted in mid ride !!

I was just thinking it was cool someone could actually follow you and move it right behind you .

In my opion us riders that are stuck in the 80's just can't post till we get home to ME that is not an issue !! Don't be getting any bunched up underware becouse I chose to not get a Smart phone . LoL

Just give me a land mark or something I can plug into my GPS & Im good to go .

I AM NOT CRYING AT ALL !!!!!!

I have just been to busy to do anything during the week . I will snag it up on a weekend I have no problem putting miles on the KLR I have had her 3 years come April and Im about to roll 28000 . I aint scared ! Later
I didn't mean to make my post sound like I was bitching at anyone or making them sound like they were crying. I was just being a sarcastic asshole.

Besides, it's cool to live in 1989. Your mullet fits right in.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #95
jbmac
Mitten Man

Oddometer: 127
grab

Mid-Michigan Tag-o-rama
jbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #96
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Good job. You got it twice!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #97
Beardoge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
I vote no on the Mascot.

Piss on it too much trouble. I figure if I ever get a chance to get it and I get pimped then that's what happens because I don't have one of those new fangled super phones....LOL..

Adjusted the valves on the wee KLX tonight back together and waiting my turn...
Beardoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #98
______
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
jbmac,

Very cool map, are you trying to keep the current tag on the map or just past tags?

Count another no vote for a mascot to hide.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #99
two trackin fool
Scott

Hey that map is pretty kool !

No harm no foul .

I just wanted to make it known I'm GOOD the way it is Or change it up . It don't matter . I've done the Geo Cache thing too .

I already have my tag in mind if I can grab it . Besides it seems I may still be able to post on the fly Who knows will see.

Oh by the way in ' 89 I didn't have a mullet but it was a good year in DEC my son was born .
Old 09-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #100
two trackin fool
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sandman_454 View Post
I just send the pics I want to upload to the email address photobucket gave to upload stuff. Shortly after that it sends a reply with a link for each pic. I just click the link, grab the img tagged link and paste it here.

I've been posting these from the road.
I'm guessing you have a free account ?
I only ask because I have yet to get a reply from photo___ with a link ?? The pics are posting to my account .
Old 09-26-2012, 04:30 AM   #101
MidLifeBiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post

Ok, convinced me. It would have been nice if you didnt have to put it in such a derogatory tone though. Maybe I like dumb toys...
Old 09-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #102
jbmac
Mitten Man

new tag

This is where I spend more than a few spring/summer/fall nights playing ball, and I love playing under the lights.

The picture is overlooking fields 9-13. The fields are named after a term used to refer to British Army years ago. Good luck.

Mid-Michigan Tag-o-rama

jbmac screwed with this post 09-26-2012 at 06:54 AM
Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #103
jbmac
Mitten Man

Map

As for the map, I am trying to keep it up to date with the grabs that have been made. The most current tag usually isn't on the map (unless I am updating it and it is obviously marked). I think searching the web for the locations, especially the harder ones with riddles/hints is part of the fun of the game. Although as mentioned previously, it's mostly about riding for the enjoyment and beauty of it.

If I can't find one I will probably PM the tagger/grabber for the location, but it just makes my life easier if on a remote grab someone posts something like: "Found on end of North Rd. in Mayville."

The map is just to track progress, hopefully prevent duplicate tags, and to help other riders go to a spot if they see something they like regardless if the tag is there or not. For now - seems like we are clumping around the greater tri-city area of Bay City/Saginaw/Midland, which is where I work and play mostly. With fall/winter closing in my riding range shrinks :(

Mid-Michigan Tag-o-rama
Old 09-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #104
the_sandman_454
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by two trackin fool View Post
I'm guessing you have a free account ?
I only ask because I have yet to get a reply from photo___ with a link ?? The pics are posting to my account .
You're correct about me having a free account. I can't remember if it has always done that or if it is one of the preferences/settings you set up on your account. I've had it this way so long that I can't remember if I did anything special to make it do that or not.

I still have to click the link to get to the photo on the site where I can grab the direct link to the photo, but this way it saves spending the time sorting through photos to find the one I want.
the_sandman_454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #105
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

If you have a smartphone, you can download the photobucket app and easily get the link to post the photo from it as well. I get the emails as well but I find it easier to use the app. I can take the photo and load it to photobucket and get the link all within a few seconds. Very easy.