ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #451
Dynamick OP
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
Thanks for the Mud Vid Mick!!
Perked up an otherwise fubar morning!
Glad, so other folks don't have to scratch their heads and wonder just WTF we were talking about...

Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #452
Dynamick OP
\dī-ˈna-mik\

1st Thursday

Just realized TODAY is the first Thursday so Johnny Rads will be having their "Bike Night". I'm not gonna make it, other plans. A stop at Liam Flynn's to push some plans together for a BBMC meet (on 1/24/13) but I wanted to throw a reminder out here.

This week end is the DC International Motorcycle Show, I'm working Friday and Saturday so I'm planning to go on Sunday. That's all of the plan I've made so far. Anyone interested? I hate driving in DC but I do it...
Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #453
reedg01
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamick View Post
Just realized TODAY is the first Thursday so Johnny Rads will be having their "Bike Night". I'm not gonna make it, other plans. A stop at Liam Flynn's to push some plans together for a BBMC meet (on 1/24/13) but I wanted to throw a reminder out here.

This week end is the DC International Motorcycle Show, I'm working Friday and Saturday so I'm planning to go on Sunday. That's all of the plan I've made so far. Anyone interested? I hate driving in DC but I do it...
I too hate driving in DC, which is why I drive to the Greenbelt Metro and take the train anywhere I need to go. The DC Convention Center has it's own stop (also known as Mt. Vernon Square/7th St.) on the Green Line, so you don't even have to change trains. Just a thought.

I have other obligations on Sunday, so cannot join you.

reedg01 screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 08:40 AM Reason: added info
reedg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #454
Dynamick OP
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedg01 View Post
I too hate driving in DC, which is why I drive to the Greenbelt Metro and take the train anywhere I need to go. The DC Convention Center has it's own stop (also known as Mt. Vernon Square/7th St.) on the Green Line, so you don't even have to change trains. Just a thought.

I have other obligations on Sunday, so cannot join you.
Thanks for the reminder. I seem to always forget that option.

I'm crying Uncle this week end and looking at heated pants liners I went the way of the heated jacket some time ago and even picked up a controller for this season, I did the on/off switch for tooooo long. Any one have any favorites after using more than two brands? I do love my Gerbing's jacket and now gloves but have never used any others to compare.

On a different note, never made it to Liam's last night, got side tracked to the Hamilton Tavern for a Crosstown Burger. If you haven't had one put it on you short list. NOW!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:45 AM   #455
Todd34
Toubab

Oddometer: 886
Just bought top and bottom liners from Warm N Safe and they work well. I didn't have anything before though so I can't really compare. The dual remote heat troller is very easy to use.
Todd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #456
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 11,806

I'm a cheap bastard........I only have the jacket.

The remote is real nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #457
Dynamick OP
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd34 View Post
Just bought top and bottom liners from Warm N Safe and they work well. I didn't have anything before though so I can't really compare. The dual remote heat troller is very easy to use.
How are the front heat areas, Zones or full coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post

I'm a cheap bastard........I only have the jacket.

The remote is real nice!
Talk about cheap I was thinking about making a set of bubble wrap chaps to add to my overpants, to act as a wind block with insulation

Old 01-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #458
yru
After 6, it's iffy

Oddometer: 1,918
Quote:

Talk about cheap I was thinking about making a set of bubble wrap chaps to add to my overpants, to act as a wind block with insulation

I do the homeless trick of layering newspaper between clothes and outer ware. Keeps me fairly warm but you get some interesting looks with the noise it makes walking around.

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
yru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #459
Todd34
Toubab

Oddometer: 886
Quote:
Not sure. I'll have to check. I used to be cold all over and now I am toasty warm all over!
Todd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #460
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 11,806
Riding the tiger with the winter screen installed isn't bad except from the shoulders to the biceps still catch a lot of wind hence they are not as warm as my core. But I heard that is typical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #461
Dynamick OP
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrunotriding View Post

I do the homeless trick of layering newspaper between clothes and outer ware. Keeps me fairly warm but you get some interesting looks with the noise it makes walking around.
Thought about that but I don't need to add too much extra weight.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #462
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,632
The older heated gear had zonal problems (i have the older Warm n safe), the wire is bigger and not in the form of a net, the micro wire stuff has better coverage (by all accounts)

I just had Lunch with a most interesting woman Seems to have a fondness for beards!!!
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #463
T
Yippee Ki Yay

Oddometer: 5,129
Quote:
I just had Lunch with a most interesting woman Seems to have a fondness for beards!!!
Your beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man's entire body. Cuba imports cigars from you. Mosquitoes refuse to bite you purely out of respect. In museums you are allowed to touch the art. When you ride a motorcycle off the lot it increases in value. Once while sailing around the world you found a shortcut....You are the most interesting man. She couldn't help herself.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #464
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,632
Holy crap, that's funny.
JaxWife didn't know some of that stuff. She's genuflecting right now@!!!!!.
well.. really she's watching New Adventures of Old sommmin or other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingtom View Post
Your beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man's entire body. Cuba imports cigars from you. Mosquitoes refuse to bite you purely out of respect. In museums you are allowed to touch the art. When you ride a motorcycle off the lot it increases in value. Once while sailing around the world you found a shortcut....You are the most interesting man. She couldn't help herself.

JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #465
Dynamick OP
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Quote:

I heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingtom View Post

Damn You win, Where's my razor?