User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
Fire Escape OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
Eh? Can't get to 'End' of thread

I did look but haven't found anything related.

Frequently, while I am scrolling through a thread (most often the 'DR 650' and 'I love this gun') there will be one more page listed but I can not get there. Hovering the cursor over the page number will tell me that there are more posts and the thread 'index' will show that xxxx made a post at yyy after everything I have already read, but neither clicking the 'next' symbol, the 'last' nor the page number itself will let me go there. I blamed it on my 'dial-up' for years, figured it would be solved now that I am into the 20th century, didn't happen. It is not on every thread and not every time on those threads. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
I did look but haven't found anything related.

Frequently, while I am scrolling through a thread (most often the 'DR 650' and 'I love this gun') there will be one more page listed but I can not get there. Hovering the cursor over the page number will tell me that there are more posts and the thread 'index' will show that xxxx made a post at yyy after everything I have already read, but neither clicking the 'next' symbol, the 'last' nor the page number itself will let me go there. I blamed it on my 'dial-up' for years, figured it would be solved now that I am into the 20th century, didn't happen. It is not on every thread and not every time on those threads. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Bruce
I've seen this on the DR650 thread too, from time to time. I just figure there's a minor glitch listing a page that doesn't exist yet. The last post on the page you're on really is the last one.

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Jarvis
DC GSer

Oddometer: 10,652
very often this is because of a failed embed or some other wonky html coding. Hit the report button, and a mod will help.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Fire Escape OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
Glad to hear that it isn't just me (the fact that I am paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get me), it always feels better to share a problem. I had figured that it might be a page that 'didn't really exist yet' but the index would list who and when more recent posts had been made.
Interesting about the embedding error - but way beyond my computer illiterate comprehension.
Thanks!

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Sometimes it helps to write a new reply, then the last page turns up. You can then nuke the post again.
Or just report the thread to a mod like Jarvis said.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
JamesG
Rabid Poster

Oddometer: 10,946
The "WTF" thread always shows up for me with that phantom extra page.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,371
secret hand still shaking

This "last page" is for those only known to each other
Wolfgang55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #8
Kingsized
Kingsized Adventurer

Oddometer: 761
I've seen this happen often with Firefox from my house but not from work when I use Firefox. It never occurs with Explorer. Weird I know.
Kingsized is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: