ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
doc_ricketts OP
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 5,128
How about that Peyton Manning fellow?

And how big was the grin on Elway's face? And what about that other guy, Tebow?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,292
gonna just start right in with the Tebow bashing?
TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,913
Rather talk politics in the rockies....... at least that's relevant....

my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
doc_ricketts OP
Thumper jockey

No bashing, just an interesting football game and accolades to Peyton Manning for an old guy who played really well. I guess nobody watched the game. I certainly would have rather been out riding myself, but didn't happen for various reasons. So feel free to drop it, if you wish. I will just keep smiling at an 'old' injured guy doing real well for himself and getting paid the big bucks to do so. Now as far as politics I hear that all of the three are Republicans. Is that relevant?
Old 09-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
AtomicGeo
Chile Eater

Oddometer: 4,047
wait till mid season when Manning will be out because of injury...
Old 09-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,888
Manning had the highest QB rating for all games played through Sunday. Not a bad debut.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
jguerin77
I ride my own

Oddometer: 411
Manning Family fan

I love both Manning boys! I have been a Colts fan since Peyton began playing for them, and then became an Eli fan last year. Amazing family!

Member of Southern Cruisers Riding Club and Chrome Divas
jguerin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
doc_ricketts OP
Thumper jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguerin77 View Post
I love both Manning boys! I have been a Colts fan since Peyton began playing for them, and then became an Eli fan last year. Amazing family!
Good for sports, they are. I always thought Peyton was somewhat overrated and mechanical compared to Eli when I watched him with the Colts, but for him to go no huddle and be precise as he was is pretty amazing. I researched his neck injury and it seems that it really should not be a problem for him. He has had the problem for several years with just a slightly increasing right arm numbmess. He may get hurt, but the Denver offensive line was great, and certainly their defense looked very outstanding. Of course my funnest football watching now involves RGIII.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,617
Well, doc, I agree with you and thoroughly enjoyed the Denver game last night. I like pro football, and I think Manning did a most impressive job...especially impressive when you consider it's been a year since the guy played in a real game. You Colorado guys who like NFL should be pleased. That guy is basically a quarterback and an offensive coordinator coach as far as I'm concerned, so you get two for the price of one. He's fun to watch. And yes, Atomic, unfortunately injury may be a little more of a possibility for him, but on the other hand he's been one of those guys who's normally been able to avoid serious injury. Regardless, enjoy him while you have him. And my Cowboys didn't do too bad either.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,087
Peyton Manning?

What does he ride?

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
TNC
Candyass Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Peyton Manning?

What does he ride?
C'mon Jeff...we have to have something else to do while waiting for parts for our bikes. Not all of us are as wealthy as you and don't have a half dozen bikes to ride.

Speaking of waiting for parts, I'm putting a Mikuni 36mm pumper carb on the ol' KLX. Just waiting for the jet selection I ordered to get here. You'd better get a big bore kit for your KTM.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #12
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
C'mon Jeff...we have to have something else to do while waiting for parts for our bikes. Not all of us are as wealthy as you and don't have a half dozen bikes to ride.

Speaking of waiting for parts, I'm putting a Mikuni 36mm pumper carb on the ol' KLX. Just waiting for the jet selection I ordered to get here. You'd better get a big bore kit for your KTM.

Wealth?!?!?!?

How about better things to do on my Sundays?

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #13
doc_ricketts OP
Thumper jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
Well, doc, I agree with you and thoroughly enjoyed the Denver game last night. I like pro football, and I think Manning did a most impressive job...especially impressive when you consider it's been a year since the guy played in a real game. You Colorado guys who like NFL should be pleased. That guy is basically a quarterback and an offensive coordinator coach as far as I'm concerned, so you get two for the price of one. He's fun to watch. And yes, Atomic, unfortunately injury may be a little more of a possibility for him, but on the other hand he's been one of those guys who's normally been able to avoid serious injury. Regardless, enjoy him while you have him. And my Cowboys didn't do too bad either.
I'll raise your lacerated spleen (Jason Witten) with a double vertebra fusion (Manning).
Old 09-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
TNC
Candyass Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
I'll raise your lacerated spleen (Jason Witten) with a double vertebra fusion (Manning).
Ouch!...you know...it almost sounds like they were in some heinous dirt bike accidents. Must have been riding with enduo-ince.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
TNC
Candyass Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Wealth?!?!?!?

How about better things to do on my Sundays?
Now wait a minute, Jeff. As I recall on the group May trip while camped out near Lockhart Basin south of Moab, the huddled masses were hugged up outside close to your 45' toy hauler trying to stay out of the blowing snow and wind while you and Paula were inside nice and cozy, eating filet mignon, caviar, and some fine wine from Sonoma, CA. We didn't even get any crumbs. I think Paula felt sorry for us, but I recall you yelling something out the window of your cozy lair like..."Let 'em eat cake!"

OK...maybe it didn't occur quite that way, but it makes a much better story of oppression of the "little people". Hey...maybe I should be writing speeches for some of our currently campaigning politicians.