ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #46
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,888
I don't hear as much chatter as I used to from those experts and critics around here (that said Peyton would be a bust or that he wouldn't survive his first hard hit or that he would start fewer than 4 games) now that the Broncos are 7-3, in control of the AFC West and Manning has the highest QB rating in the league, cranks out 300 yd, 3TD games as the norm and is in serious consideration of winning his 5th MVP award. Maybe, just maybe Elway and company can evaluate talent in person better than we can by watching TV.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #47
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
I don't hear as much chatter as I used to from those experts and critics around here (that said Peyton would be a bust or that he wouldn't survive his first hard hit or that he would start fewer than 4 games) now that the Broncos are 7-3, in control of the AFC West and Manning has the highest QB rating in the league, cranks out 300 yd, 3TD games as the norm and is in serious consideration of winning his 5th MVP award. Maybe, just maybe Elway and company can evaluate talent in person better than we can by watching TV.
Baiter, master

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #48
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,116
I'll owe you beer, but the Chargers can't help but beat themselves. Broncos didn't beat them. Either game.

theDudeThatAbidesJulie.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul screwed with this post 11-18-2012 at 06:12 PM
theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #49
Nappy headed ho
n00b

Oddometer: 1
theDudeThatAbidesJulie.[/QUOTE]

Damn right!
Nappy headed ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #50
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicXRer View Post
Let's see what the next three games are gonna tell
Well, AXR...what are they tellin'?

Man, the old fellow is lookin' pretty good.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #51
doc_ricketts OP
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 5,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
Well, AXR...what are they tellin'?

Man, the old fellow is lookin' pretty good.
Yeah he started off slow like he usually does and while the commentators were going on and on about how new he is to the team, he was looking for holes in the SD defense, which is what he does to stick the knife in deep into the second half. Good on ya Peyton, beating the defense with adapting patterns and sharp throws gets the job done. And Denver's defense was outstanding as usual, as were the running backs.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #52
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Speaking of running backs, I have a bunch of leaves in my yard I need raked.
I'm assuming Knowshon Moreno is available.

2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #53
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,185
Quote:
I watched Elway play from when he was drafted through the end of his playing days. It might be heresy to say this, but Manning looks better than Elway ever did.
murgatroid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #54
doc_ricketts OP
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 5,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroid42 View Post
I watched Elway play from when he was drafted through the end of his playing days. It might be heresy to say this, but Manning looks better than Elway ever did.
I didn't like Elway for quite a few years. He was strong and could get away from tackles, he could throw the long ball and fire up his teammates, but threw a lot of dufous passes as well.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #55
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

I liked Elway from the get go.
Strongest arm maybe in the history of the league, top notch accuracy, unparalleded scrambling ability, unsurpassed leadership and a true athlete who was listed as our back up punter and kicker several years.

But mostly I liked the fact that he could get to 3 Super Bowls with a dog-crap offensive line, no-name running backs, mediocre wide receivers and the most conservative coach in the NFL in Dan Reeves. Run it on first down, run it on second down, pray Elway can bail us out on 3rd down. Imagine Elways stats if he'd had Marino's O-line or Joe Montana's receiving corps, running game and Bill Walsh's play calling.

When Shannahan and Terrel Davis arrived, we finally got a 2 - 3 year glimpse of what Elway could have been for 15 years.

2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #56
Wentjo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
Quote:
Strongest arm maybe in the history of the league, top notch accuracy, unparalleded scrambling ability, unsurpassed leadership and a true athlete who was listed as our back up punter and kicker several years.

But mostly I liked the fact that he could get to 3 Super Bowls with a dog-crap offensive line, no-name running backs, mediocre wide receivers and the most conservative coach in the NFL in Dan Reeves. Run it on first down, run it on second down, pray Elway can bail us out on 3rd down. Imagine Elways stats if he'd had Marino's O-line or Joe Montana's receiving corps, running game and Bill Walsh's play calling.

When Shannahan and Terrel Davis arrived, we finally got a 2 - 3 year glimpse of what Elway could have been for 15 years.
I agree
Wentjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #57
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,185
Quote:

I also agree. The proof is that Elway was the first Bronco to be inducted into the Football Hall of Fame. Bradshaw won 4 Super Bowls, but it seems his entire supporting cast is also in the Hall of Fame with him.

Still, Peyton looks great. It is definitely an upgrade from Tebow.
murgatroid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #58
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroid42 View Post
I also agree. The proof is that Elway was the first Bronco to be inducted into the Football Hall of Fame. Bradshaw won 4 Super Bowls, but it seems his entire supporting cast is also in the Hall of Fame with him.

Still, Peyton looks great. It is definitely an upgrade from Tebow.

In his first Super Bowl, Bradshaw was 9 for 14 for 96 yards and they won!
That's all they needed from him was 9 completions. They rode Franco Harris and the Steel Curtain defense the whole season. Bradshaw's biggest challenges were to make sure to get on the right bus at the right time and to remember which side of the line Franco was running to.

2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
Old 11-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #59
whitewater18
funhog

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
In his first Super Bowl, Bradshaw was 9 for 14 for 96 yards and they won!
That's all they needed from him was 9 completions. They rode Franco Harris and the Steel Curtain defense the whole season. Bradshaw's biggest challenges were to make sure to get on the right bus at the right time and to remember which side of the line Franco was running to.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #60
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 674
Yeah...Manning looks great and I love watching him work his magic, but all aspects of the Broncos looks good right now. The defense especially! Man alive I haven't seen D like that in a LONG time! Its to the points its more fun to watch than the O...last few games for sure!

Bummer about McGahee though. 6-8 weeks. Torn MCL. Looks like Knowshon will be toting the rock. Hope he holds up!