ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #106
Salsa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
You should be good to go.

I finished the 1969 B-V Race on my Hodaka 100. 300 100cc bikes started 30 minutes behind 1000 big bikes. I finished 278th overall, 30th Trail bike (100cc), and 4th Novice. So I passed over 1000 big bikes, you can too !!!!!!!!!!!

Don
Salsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #107
jrozar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Congrats.... It would be cool to see more sub-250 bikes run it. My buddy will be on a CRF 100 with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa View Post
You should be good to go.

I finished the 1969 B-V Race on my Hodaka 100. 300 100cc bikes started 30 minutes behind 1000 big bikes. I finished 278th overall, 30th Trail bike (100cc), and 4th Novice. So I passed over 1000 big bikes, you can too !!!!!!!!!!!

Don
jrozar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #108
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,372
I'm all signed up, looking forward to this after my DNF in '09

BTW, It's a great way to hide from the family drama of Thanksgiving!

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #109
isaac004
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 740
I'm all registered and have Motel 6's booked up. I decided to do this on my WR250R, and will be slabbing it home Sunday morning.
isaac004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #110
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac004 View Post
I'm all registered and have Motel 6's booked up. I decided to do this on my WR250R, and will be slabbing it home Sunday morning.
I'd suggest taking dirt back to Barstow......traffic is a horror show that Sunday between Vegas and Barstow

Penty of easy/fast dirt available between Lost Wages and Barstow........you can head out of town on 159/160 (skip Red Rock and gas up at intersection of 159/160 at Blue Diamond) and make good "enjoyable" time on various Poleline Roads (Like Potasi Mine Rd., etc)......then jump on whatever roads you have to take from Barstow to get home.....
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com

Crawdaddy screwed with this post 10-24-2012 at 12:47 PM
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #111
isaac004
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
I'd suggest taking dirt back to Barstow......traffic is a horror show that Sunday between Vegas and Barstow

Penty of easy/fast dirt available between Lost Wages and Barstow........you can head out of town on 159/160 to Diamond Springs (skip Red Rock) and make good "enjoyable" time on various Poleline Roads......then jump on whatever roads you have to take from Barstow to get home.....
Great idea, as splitting lanes all the way home on 15 will get old fast. Anyone have tracks or reference info on these roads? I'd be doing this part solo.

In the car, my faster way home is to cut south to Mojave National Preserve after crossing the state line (hard to avoid that mess). Going south on Kelso Cima to Kelbaker to 40 is a little longer, but it's good scenery as you bypass the mess of agriculture inspection on 15. You then end up in Barstow on 15/40, with no inspection station to go through.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #112
RAZR OP
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,815
keep in mind LANE SPLITTING IS NOT LEGAL IN THE STATE OF NEVADA.

so when you are riding into Vegas, do not lane split. i've heard of ppl getting tickets in the past. total bummer.
RAZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #113
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
Great idea, as splitting lanes all the way home on 15 will get old fast. Anyone have tracks or reference info on these roads? I'd be doing this part solo.

In the car, my faster way home is to cut south to Mojave National Preserve after crossing the state line (hard to avoid that mess). Going south on Kelso Cima to Kelbaker to 40 is a little longer, but it's good scenery as you bypass the mess of agriculture inspection on 15. You then end up in Barstow on 15/40, with no inspection station to go through.
No need for a track, just stay near the big powerlines, there's a dirt superhighway there. I take that route several times a year, just watch out for burros on the road after dark.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #114
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,224
Quote:
I've ridden home from LA-B-V to San Diego following that general game plan: http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index...552-08-la-b-v/

We stayed in 29 Palms on Sunday night then cruised home through Joshua Tree, etc. on Monday.....if you can swing a "2" day return you'll have a more enjoyable ride than trying to blast all the way back on Sunday.....

I haven't decided if I'm riding up from Bullhead City, AZ. on Sat or driving up to Vegas and then riding over to Sandy Valley to meet up with everyone and ride back into Vegas via Red Rock Canyon, etc......If I drove up I could give you a lift in my truck down to the intersection of 95/163 (163 cuts over to Laughlin/Bullhead)......I can direct you over to Mojave Road from that point.....

Email me at Crawdaddy@CrawdadOffRoadEvents.com and we'll throw a plan together.....
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com

Crawdaddy screwed with this post 10-24-2012 at 01:04 PM
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #115
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
I'm all signed up, looking forward to this after my DNF in '09

BTW, It's a great way to hide from the family drama of Thanksgiving!
On the 950 again?

And +1 on the Thanksgiving escape.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #116
isaac004
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
I've ridden home from LA-B-V to San Diego following that general game plan: http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index...552-08-la-b-v/

We stayed in 29 Palms on Sunday night then cruised home through Joshua Tree, etc. on Monday.....if you can swing a "2" day return you'll have a more enjoyable ride than trying to blast all the way back on Sunday.....

I haven't decided if I'm riding up from Bullhead City, AZ. on Sat or driving up to Vegas and then riding over to Sandy Valley to meet up with everyone and ride back into Vegas via Red Rock Canyon, etc......If I drove up I could give you a lift in my truck down to the intersection of 95/163 (163 cuts over to Laughlin/Bullhead)......I can direct you over to Mojave Road from that point.....

Email me at Crawdaddy@CrawdadOffRoadEvents.com and we'll throw a plan together.....
Thanks for the offer, but I will hold off for now. I may or may not have to take the pavement back anyhow, as I need to get back as early as possible on Sunday since I have a huge construction job starting the Monday after Thanksgiving (yea, what idiot decided to do it then???).

My girlfriend and her family will be in Vegas so they will take my bags. Unfortunately, none of them can drive my manual car with trailer, and none of them have cars that can tow. Plus, I may not want to be stuck in 8 hours of traffic with all of her family, haha!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #117
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
On the 950 again?

And +1 on the Thanksgiving escape.
Stu, I may be dumb but I aint' stoopid.
Bringing a little cheater bike this year.

Woe to the unfortunate fellow who sets out to the Mojave on a beastly twin. . .

Two up you say?

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #118
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
Thanks for the offer, but I will hold off for now. I may or may not have to take the pavement back anyhow, as I need to get back as early as possible on Sunday since I have a huge construction job starting the Monday after Thanksgiving (yea, what idiot decided to do it then???).

My girlfriend and her family will be in Vegas so they will take my bags. Unfortunately, none of them can drive my manual car with trailer, and none of them have cars that can tow. Plus, I may not want to be stuck in 8 hours of traffic with all of her family, haha!
If you get up and get moving, you can make it back to LA with no traffic.

A couple of years ago, Razr and I left the Orleans at 5am on Sunday morning and I was dropping him (and Scorpion's 950) off in LA before 10am.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #119
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
Stu, I may be dumb but I aint' stoopid.
Bringing a little cheater bike this year.

Woe to the unfortunate fellow who sets out to the Mojave on a beastly twin.

Two up you say?
If at first you don't succeed....
Old 10-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #120
adayinthedirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Passed thru Red Rock canyon w/ Crawdaddy couple weeks ago... Seemed to be alot less torn up than I remember?
adayinthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote