User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
socially stunted OP
Addict

Oddometer: 58
Engine serial number location?

Where is the engine serial number located?
Thanks
socially stunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by socially stunted View Post
Where is the engine serial number located?
Thanks
Why do you ask?? It very easy to find on a clean bike and impossible to find on a dirty one. GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Why do you ask?? It very easy to find on a clean bike and impossible to find on a dirty one. GH
o0? what's that kind of an answere?
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
blackfly911
Meat Popsicle

Oddometer: 167
It's slightly obscured by the header pipe. look between the bottom of the stator cover (right side) and the top exhaust pipe forward of the brake pedal and you should see it... It's hard to see even when clean, I rubbed the area with my finger and the dirt left in the stippling "lit up" the numbers. It may be more difficult to get at depending on how farkeled your machine is.

blackfly911 screwed with this post 09-11-2012 at 05:10 PM Reason: bad enguish
blackfly911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
o0? what's that kind of an answere?
I just ask why you ask. Now that you know where it is tell us why you wanted to know where it is.. I am still curious..GH
Old 09-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
socially stunted OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Because I have a tool that mimicks the stipled stamping effect that BMW uses and I will be altering a couple 3s to look like eights. That way I can hide the fa...........

Because I bought this bike in Utah and rode it home. Changing title and registering it here requires an engine number. That engine number was not listed on the Utah title. If I could not find the number I'd have to take it to a Highway Patrol office and have a number assigned to a bike that I had a suspicion already had a number that I just couldn't find. Calls to two BMW dealers (one was useless) only gave me a general area. Three people at DMV couldn't find it even while I was almost laying it down so they could check underneath. We all looked pretty stupid and I was sent away after a wasted effort to register it.

Thanks to brother blackfly911, I found it and will be riding it back to DMV without the right hand engine guard that was obscuring it.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by socially stunted View Post
Because I have a tool that mimicks the stipled stamping effect that BMW uses and I will be altering a couple 3s to look like eights. That way I can hide the fa...........

Because I bought this bike in Utah and rode it home. Changing title and registering it here requires an engine number. That engine number was not listed on the Utah title. If I could not find the number I'd have to take it to a Highway Patrol office and have a number assigned to a bike that I had a suspicion already had a number that I just couldn't find. Calls to two BMW dealers (one was useless) only gave me a general area. Three people at DMV couldn't find it even while I was almost laying it down so they could check underneath. We all looked pretty stupid and I was sent away after a wasted effort to register it.

Thanks to brother blackfly911, I found it and will be riding it back to DMV without the right hand engine guard that was obscuring it.
Welcome to the forum. Leave your thin skin at the door. GH
Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #8
socially stunted OP
Addict

It was my sad, socially ineffectual attempt at a joke. And when someone wants details, I give them details. No worries GH. Not all us Californians are sensative.