User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
beach2008 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
The Yamaha WR125R Thread

This is my first post on Adventure Rider, so I would like to introduce me and my new bike. Native German but living in the UK, 33 years old and very happy with this purchase.

Apologies if a similar thread exists already, I could not find one using the search function.

This "little step sister" (nothing in common apart from the similar name) of the WR250R has 15bhp, 125cc, a top speed of 70mph (112 km/h), and will take you about 170 miles (300 kilometres) with one petrol 8.5 litre tank filling which is quite a distance. At a weight of 133 kg (293 pounds), this is not really a dirt bike (too heavy, too slow) and I would call it an "Enduro light". The tyres are Michelin Sirac which are mainly for roads.

I am not sure if this bike also sells in the US, but here in Europe it is an absolute top seller, mainly attracting 16-18 year old teenagers.

After three months of ownership and quite a few 300+ miles rides including long distance German Autobahn (RR to follow separately), I am very excited about this bike and hope that this thread can also attract other people who are interested in 125cc bikes and this bike in particular. Personally, I have ridden larger bikes (e.g. XT660Z Tenere) but really think this is cheaper to run, more fun and less stress.

Below some pics with my 3-month old Yamaha WR125R. One (without protective gear as a holiday sightseeing tool) and one before my latest longer trip.
Attached Images

beach2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
beach2008 OP
Adventurer

Holiday mode (without the gear) and short distances
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
beach2008 OP
Adventurer

...and the official information page for those who are interested.

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/produc...re/wr125r.aspx

Mine has the 2010 colours for some strange reasons although I bought it in March 2014! Must have been in the showroom for quite a while, I assume.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
beach2008 OP
Adventurer

Nobody seen one, owned one, wants to get one on here? Are any 125cc sold in US? If not, what do you see as the main disadvantages? Perhaps I can convince anyone to downsize their bike?