Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #1546
toowheels
on a mission...

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
Generally that translates to "we are on credit hold with our supplier and they will not accept orders from us until we pay them money which we don't have"
Be very careful about dealing with stores that give this sort of run around.
I know what you're saying and I would agree but in this case that's not what's happening.

They just got 4 new MV Agustas including an F3 Oro and there's a steady flow of BMWs and Triumphs coming in.

Crazy to think you've tried to buy before though.

Anyhow YES see ya at the show John!

Dave
Old 01-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #1547
farp
DualsportBC Rider

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
Generally that translates to "we are on credit hold with our supplier and they will not accept orders from us until we pay them money which we don't have"
Be very careful about dealing with stores that give this sort of run around.

Thanks, Kiwi, that thought had crossed my mind which was one of the reasons I opted to place the order with a dealer who is on an island 80 kilometers away from me instead of 20 minutes down the road. I have no idea if that's the case but the thought sure made me leery about giving them $1000, especially when they said that they wouldn't place the order even if I made the deposit.
farp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #1548
farp
DualsportBC Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
I know what you're saying and I would agree but in this case that's not what's happening.

They just got 4 new MV Agustas including an F3 Oro and there's a steady flow of BMWs and Triumphs coming in.

Crazy to think you've tried to buy before though.

Anyhow YES see ya at the show John!

Dave
I bought a bike from them about 4 yrs ago and a couple of months after I bought it I realized it was not the right bike for me and tried to trade it in on a G650X Country. My bike was in showroom condition and only had about 3000km on it but they would only offer rock bottom blue book value for it on trade in and refused to give me any kind of consideration at all. So I went a couple of blocks down the street to Richmond Motorsports and bought a brand new DR650 - and Richmond gave me a much better trade in value. The second bike I tried to buy from them was a used Yamaha XT225. They had it advertised on their website but when I went to see it I was told it was at the service managers summer cottage, but it was for sale and they'd have it in their showroom next weekend. For the next two months they kept telling me the bike would be available next week but it never was until I finally got fed up and bought a brand new CRF230 from Carter Honda. Three weeks after I bought the Honda they phoned me and said the bike was now available for sale if I still wanted it - by that time it was the end of summer; go figure. Now I get this run around on trying to buy a Terra from them. I don't know what, if anything, caused all this crap but I do know I've had enough of it. If this is the way they treat their customers then it wouldn't surprise me to find that they are having a cash flow problem; but maybe it's just me - I dunno.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #1549
toowheels
on a mission...

Oddometer: 952
Crazy...I don't get it!

Anyhow we'd better let this get back to being a Terra thread!

I'm really looking forward to seeing it...4 days more for me I'll be doing some close scrutineering

I'm sure you'll like yours too! Are you gonna bring that or the Beta to the Spring Noob ride??

Dave
Old 01-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #1550
farp
DualsportBC Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
Crazy...I don't get it!

Anyhow we'd better let this get back to being a Terra thread!

I'm really looking forward to seeing it...4 days more for me I'll be doing some close scrutineering

I'm sure you'll like yours too! Are you gonna bring that or the Beta to the Spring Noob ride??

Dave
Yeah, back to Terra topics fer sure. I'll prolly take the Terra to the Spring Noob. I've ridden all those Tamahi trails on the Beta so it's no big deal. If I take the Terra I doubt I'll stick to the C route stuff, but I won't be riding the B route either. I'll still have the stock tires on it so riding those muddy single track forest trails in March wouldn't be a good idea. I like riding my bike, not pushing it. I'd like to take it over Mt Thurston, that'd be a good test of it's off road capabilities, and then come back along Chilliwack Bench road and then take the Elk View road to Veddar Crossing and then back to the Tamahi Campground. That Elk view road is an absolute hoot to ride! One of the tightest, twistiest, broken asphalt roads I've ever seen.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #1551
DirtyOldMan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcd389 View Post
Hi guys! I have a Terra and bought a Battery Tender for it. I attached the cable to the battery but I could not find a good place to route the cable so that I can connect/disconnect the Battery Tender easily. It is very tight under the seat because of the gas tank.
Right now I pop the seat off and charge but that is already getting old. If anyone has any ideas I would sure like to hear them.

Thanks!
Yeah, its tight as a tick under there. I got mine routed out finally but I did pass it over a frame member. Zip tied it in place where the seat won't mash it.
I'm thinking of using mine for a phone charger as well. I've made a pig tail for it from a bat tender alligator clamp thingy. Kind of a plug-n-play accessory power source.

13 650 Terra

96 R1100R
DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #1552
gunnr
optimsm

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
Yeah, its tight as a tick under there. I got mine routed out finally but I did pass it over a frame member. Zip tied it in place where the seat won't mash it.
I'm thinking of using mine for a phone charger as well. I've made a pig tail for it from a bat tender alligator clamp thingy. Kind of a plug-n-play accessory power source.
Thats what I use mine for also. Theres plenty of space to route the wire out between the frame rail and seat pan if you stay between the rubber pads.
gunnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #1553
njoytheride
NJOYN' THE JOURNEY

Oddometer: 873
Well, hope ya don't mind one more joining the group. Picked up my TR650 Terra last Friday from Road Track and Trail in Muskogee Ok. Great folks to deal with. Very happy with the bike and how it feels. Got a lot of stuff I want to do to the bike. Thanks for all the ideas so far. Hope to learn a lot and not get hurt to bad.
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #1554
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Numbers?

Anyone do a quick count of how many here have actually bought the Terra?
I'm guessing maybe 20 new owners?

And who is going to be the first to pack one up and head RTW?
Who will be ... First Terra To Ushuaia ... and back!

A nice circumnav of OZ would do also ...fully packed up for a couple months of course.

Love to see if this new Husqvarna is as tough as it looks ... and rides.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #1555
modeselector
Common as muck

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
A nice circumnav of OZ would do also ...fully packed up for a couple months of course.
It appears there are definitely some Aussies getting this bike sorted and ready for something
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #1556
DirtyOldMan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by njoytheride View Post
Well, hope ya don't mind one more joining the group. Picked up my TR650 Terra last Friday from Road Track and Trail in Muskogee Ok. Great folks to deal with. Very happy with the bike and how it feels. Got a lot of stuff I want to do to the bike. Thanks for all the ideas so far. Hope to learn a lot and not get hurt to bad.
Your area of the world is just custom made for this bike. I'm jealous and will have mine down there every chance I get. Hope to see ya out on the dusty trail.

13 650 Terra

96 R1100R
DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #1557
Gedge
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
I have just ordered mine today in the Uk from Huskysport and will be picking it up in 2 weeks... have already test ridden the strada so have an idea how the terra will feel on tarmac...looking forward to a trip over Salisbury Plain to try it off road..
I have sold a G450X for this so the weight difference will be noticeable but previously had a couple of Versys' so hopefully this will be a more off road suitable version of them...
Gedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #1558
njoytheride
NJOYN' THE JOURNEY

Oddometer: 873
I almost feel guilty living this close to such a great area to ride. I have a F800gs and a xr650r i'm selling. The Terra seems like the perfect all around bike for what I do. The beemer has made a few out west trips, curious how the Terra will be on longer jaunts ?? Give me a shout if your in the Ozark area and I'll see if I can get away for awhile. Craig
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:14 AM   #1559
Murphy Slaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,424
I agree, that is some of the prettiest land on the Planet.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Murphy Slaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #1560
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by njoytheride View Post
I almost feel guilty living this close to such a great area to ride. I have a F800gs and a xr650r i'm selling. The Terra seems like the perfect all around bike for what I do. The beemer has made a few out west trips, curious how the Terra will be on longer jaunts ?? Give me a shout if your in the Ozark area and I'll see if I can get away for awhile. Craig
Welcome to the fray, njoy! I'm in T-town.....so you know I love riding the Ozarks. Maybe we'll cross paths this year.

How are you liking it so far?

Long distance will be no problem, I think.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote