Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #1651
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones View Post
Is Heinen's in the Twin Cities a good dealer? We will be up that way this weekend for a funeral and spending a night or two in the cities. Perfect opportunity to see one for myself.

I've purchased three Husqvarna's from Heinens and thought their pricing was extremely favorable.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #1652
modeselector
Common as muck

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
That's a bit of a shocker-especially with the Terra and Nuda platform relying so much on BMW's parts bin.
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #1653
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeselector View Post
That's a bit of a shocker-especially with the Terra and Nuda platform relying so much on BMW's parts bin.
Precisely my concern.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #1654
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Husqvarna being sold to KTM? This could be interesting...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne..._/R-EPI-139228
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeselector View Post
Quote:
Precisely my concern.
Well MCN have been known to follow rumors before ... and call it "news". They've got suckered into some embarrassing situations over the years.

But if it's true ... I'd love to hear the rationale from BOTH sides! Seems an uncomfortable match.

KTM/Bajai have their hands full with what they've got. Husky offers nothing new in another segment. KTM already have Husaberg and are producing some interesting small bikes (125, 200 and 300) in India ... some imported to the USA and EU.Where would Husky fit into KTM's line-up ?

BMW selling off Husqvarna makes a bit more sense ... but still, just stupid. After a pretty good Dakar effort from Husky and rave reviews going for the Terra and Strada ... why sell out now? Are BMW going to re-launch their own Dakar effort and waste everything they did to build Husky up?

Perhaps BMW are having trouble incorporating Husky into BMW showrooms? Dunno. Why not let them be separate ... away from BMW?

BMW have an endless flow of money from the car side. They don't need to sell off Husky ... unless there are some unforeseen political/legal considerations none of us are aware of. (always possible)

BMW have been looking for a way to attract younger buyers for ten years. Their buyers were dying off. Husky is it ... and is changing all that and bringing younger riders through a door they never would have passed before.
Anyway ... I will watch this one.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #1655
Fallacy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Is Heinen's in the Twin Cities a good dealer? We will be up that way this weekend for a funeral and spending a night or two in the cities. Perfect opportunity to see one for myself.

Myself and friends have bought 5 Huskys from them, great prices but not a fan of their service.
Fallacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #1656
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallacy View Post
Myself and friends have bought 5 Huskys from them, great prices but not a fan of their service.
Thanks, I called and emailed and have not gotten a return call on if they have a Terra and a WRR in stock. I am not buying today, but they sure don't seem too eager to show what may be in their showroom
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #1657
Muddler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 734
Quote:

Looks like the Terra might join the X Challenge as an orphan? That will be a pity
Muddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #1658
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:
Thanks, I called and emailed and have not gotten a return call on if they have a Terra and a WRR in stock. I am not buying today, but they sure don't seem too eager to show what may be in their showroom
It's crazy that even in times like these it is hard to get people to help you take your money huh?

I ran into the same situation when I bought a bike in the fall.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #1659
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
It's crazy that even in times like these it is hard to get people to help you take your money huh?

I ran into the same situation when I bought a bike in the fall.
Yeah it boggles me. Just respond yes or no if you have them in stock. My local Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki dealer will only order in a bike, but you also are required to buy it, sign papers, etc. I get it, but then again I don't.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #1660
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,270
I'd guess Bajaj thinks there is money to be made.
JTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #1661
flyingbeard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,135
Quote:
I didn't have a great experience with them. Great prices, but no customer service, when I had a problem with my bike. I ended trucking my bike 500 miles to Halls Cycle in MO the get it repaired under warrantee. They sell a lot of bikes cheap through the interwebs. All I can say is Buyer Beware.....
flyingbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #1662
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbeard View Post
I didn't have a great experience with them. Great prices, but no customer service, when I had a problem with my bike. I ended trucking my bike 500 miles to Halls Cycle in MO the get it repaired under warrantee. They sell a lot of bikes cheap through the interwebs. All I can say is Buyer Beware.....
I had a TE610 and took it to Hall's once and they are what people tout them as...a great shop. I was just going to be in the area and wanted to kick tires. Turns out we can't make this trip for several reasons so my lust to throw a leg over a Terra will have to wait a bit longer
Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #1663
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,965
Quote:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859417
wonder if that engine will be an orphan.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #1664
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,965
UPDATE:

The latest is that Stephan bought Husky, not KTM. Hmmmm.... the plot thickens considerably.

http://www.nieuwsmotor.nl/motornieuw...r-van-ktm.html

Web translated:

As already whispered BMW Motorrad sells its subsidiary Husqvarna Motorcycles, not to KTM but to the personal business of its CEO Stefan Pierer called Pierer Industries AG.

The consequences for Pierers role as CEO of KTM is still unclear and will in the next six time be sought out. It is obvious that the European competition authorities might interfere with this, but it is also the possible that Pierer will resign his position at KTM.

For some time Pierer has been the CEO of the Austrian motorcycle company, but a large part of the shares therein are sold to the Indian motorcycle giant Bajaj.

Purchasing Husqvarna Pierer would potentially enable again completely with a clean slate to start again.

There will be viewed in the coming months if any form of cooperation between KTM and Husqvarna is possible, there is at least already a new model announced at the EICMA 2013 already will be shown

This morning we reported that KTM is not in the market to buy Husqvarna, this would also not be a very logical step.

For BMW the sale of Husqvarna ensuresit substantially looses face. The German company pumped millions into the Italian Husqvarna, but could never make a success of.

The following chart is from Cross Industries Ltd, the company which Bajaj for almost half owner. It now owns Husqvarna said Pierer Industries AG makes no part of it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Well MCN have been known to follow rumors before ... and call it "news". They've got suckered into some embarrassing situations over the years.

But if it's true ... I'd love to hear the rationale from BOTH sides! Seems an uncomfortable match.

KTM/Bajai have their hands full with what they've got. Husky offers nothing new in another segment. KTM already have Husaberg and are producing some interesting small bikes (125, 200 and 300) in India ... some imported to the USA and EU.Where would Husky fit into KTM's line-up ?

BMW selling off Husqvarna makes a bit more sense ... but still, just stupid. After a pretty good Dakar effort from Husky and rave reviews going for the Terra and Strada ... why sell out now? Are BMW going to re-launch their own Dakar effort and waste everything they did to build Husky up?

Perhaps BMW are having trouble incorporating Husky into BMW showrooms? Dunno. Why not let them be separate ... away from BMW?

BMW have an endless flow of money from the car side. They don't need to sell off Husky ... unless there are some unforeseen political/legal considerations none of us are aware of. (always possible)

BMW have been looking for a way to attract younger buyers for ten years. Their buyers were dying off. Husky is it ... and is changing all that and bringing younger riders through a door they never would have passed before.
Anyway ... I will watch this one.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #1665
Ogre_fl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859417
wonder if that engine will be an orphan.
Its not just the engine, there are a LOT of BMW parts on these bikes.
I wonder how all that would shake out.
Ogre_fl is offline   Reply With Quote