Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #2881
kjackbrown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Going to turn your PCV on and off? Fill us in on the plan/rationale. Never had a EFI bike until this one, so I'm not really sure how PCV works.
I know you now know the answer to this, but just so that everyone else is clear...

The PCV has the ability to hold 2 different base maps. You can switch on the fly between these two base maps when you hook up a switch to the MAP inputs. You can use any open/close type switch. The polarity of the wires is not important. When using the Autotune kit one position will hold a base map and the other position will let you activate the learning mode. When the switch is "CLOSED" Autotune will be activated.
kjackbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:34 AM   #2882
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVJake View Post
Any idea why the strada is cheaper at the moment?
Hmm..
Questions:

Will ABS work if i put 21" / 18" wheels from a Terra on the strada?
Speedo issues?

It makes sense to me to buy a strada, and have the knobbies on the spare wheelset.

You still here Jake, mate. I thought you may have moved on
davorallyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:17 AM   #2883
ADVJake
i like stuff

Oddometer: 4,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by davorallyfan View Post
You still here Jake, mate. I thought you may have moved on
I'm less impetuous with my bike purchases nowadays ;)
Old 05-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #2884
rride
Honda NH 750

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVJake View Post
Any idea why the strada is cheaper at the moment?
Hmm..
Questions:

Will ABS work if i put 21" / 18" wheels from a Terra on the strada?
Speedo issues?

It makes sense to me to buy a strada, and have the knobbies on the spare wheelset.
I guess that it where you are from. Australia doesn't have any paved roads, do they?

Seriously now, it looks like $6K Strada and $5.5K Terra that I can get in So CA. That's a Retail $500 difference of Strada over Terra. And one owner bought the Terra for $5400 out the door with taxes (say $1000 extra), so actually the Terra was $2500 off and the Strada was only retail cost with $1500 off. It gets confusing with talking heads from people who have already bought them at FULL retail ($7499/$6999). If I could get $2500 off the Strada and $6K out the door with taxes, then I could go for that.

But these blazing Husky pioneers who bought first, don't really care about other people getting a better deal than them. They just want you to buy now at the highest price available to keep the brand alive. That sounds cool to me

Most NEW motorcycles usually ALL sell for the same price in the same country, and accessories/trade-ins is the only bargaining leverage difference available. Since the Terra's have already been cited as selling for $2500 off, I can only assume that is what BOTH bikes Retail Sale prices are. Ask that accountant who makes $150K/year, he should know.
rride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #2885
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 6,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by rride View Post
But these blazing Husky pioneers who bought first, don't really care about other people getting a better deal than them. They just want you to buy now at the highest price available to keep the brand alive. That sounds cool to me
This coming from the guy who accused BMW dealers of making 50% profit on new bike sales.

I think you are way off base here, as usual. Frankly, most of us could give a shit less what you pay for your bike. Negotiate your own deal, and if you can get one at $2500 off, you'd be a fool for passing it up. However, most of us are also realistic enough to know that getting one for $2500 off is probably not going to happen.

The one $5400 OTD Terra in PA is the cheapest we've seen thus far, and that equates to $1500 off MSRP. We've seen a few others advertised at $5400, but with no room to wiggle on fees and taxes. So please, I beg you, show me where people are legitimately getting $2500 off the Terra. Hell, I'll go buy a second one as a spare for $2500 off.

RidingDonkeys screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 11:49 AM Reason: Fixed a number.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #2886
Surfinpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
2013 Husqvarna 650 Terra

Fast by ferracci, www.ferracci.com , 888-ferracci , 1901 davisville road willow grove pa 19090 USA , I think they might only have a strada or 2 left.
Surfinpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #2887
snailrider
Prostpector

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
This coming from the guy who accused BMW dealers of making 50% profit on new bike sales.

I think you are way off base here, as usual. Frankly, most of us could give a shit less what you pay for your bike. Negotiate your own deal, and if you can get one at $2500 off, you'd be a fool for passing it up. However, most of us are also realistic enough to know that getting one for $2500 off is probably not going to happen.

The one $5400 OTD Terra in PA is the cheapest we've seen thus far, and that equates to $1100 off MSRP. We've seen a few others advertised at $5400, but with no room to wiggle on fees and taxes. So please, I beg you, show me where people are legitimately getting $2500 off the Terra. Hell, I'll go buy a second one as a spare for $2500 off.
If you get there before me. I'm tempted to buy the last one in California for 7K out the door, as a spare or investment.

Everything changed in the last two weeks with the Terra, just like with twinkies.
snailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #2888
IgnacioB
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:

.....Frankly, most of us could give a shit less what you pay for your bike. Negotiate your own deal, and if you can get one at $2500 off, you'd be a fool for passing it up.
He won't ever actually buy one. He's just a troll posing as a keyboard commando.

LOVING my Strada that I happily paid $6899 for!
My Motorcycle Blog
IgnacioB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #2889
snailrider
Prostpector

He'll buy one. If he liked the test ride, and it finally sinks it there will be no more made, he'll buy. I hope soon, because there will be no left over ones.

I believe Tucson is sold out now of the TR650. The Strada I tested out was what sold me. I came for the Terra, and they had none left. The day after I test drove the Strada, I went back to possibly negotiate them from the $7800 quoted out the door and it was sold.

It all worked out, I called all those who advertised the Terra in cycle trader, and as mentioned, no negotiations on the out the door fees. The responses I got from the Dealers, "we're getting alot of calls from Oregon and Washington". And they were driving in to buy em up. They were disappearing fast. The Strada was being offered up at some good prices in San Diego. At that point I had my heart set on what I wanted, the Terra. And I got one, and probably at one of the better prices you will find from now on, including used ones.

RRide, I'm not sure if it is your post with the tunnels, but if it is, I know you got some smarts and a love for riding. Nothing makes me happier than to know I might be instrumental in you making a decision to get the bike that will make you a happy representative of the sport and of the Terra.

I know I was skeptical of some of the raving reviews of the TR650. And this was after I test drove one. I am pleasantly surprised that the reviews were not fully accurate, the damn thing is better than I expected. And of course, there are some issues, they are not perfect.

It would be like me trying to describe hang gliding to someone who has never been. After they go, you can see in their eyes that they know exactly what you were saying, until that point, they only thought they knew what you were describing.

It might not be true for everyone, but considering the platform the TR650 is based on, the extra tech incorporated by the Husky peeps in a new outfitted plant run by BMW, and the almost inevitable fact that no more will be made, you will have to take the chance at your pace to buy. If you think they will drop and fire sale them, wait. If you think that they are going to be the highly sought after gem, buy one.

Be assured, there will be no more. Husky and Peirer may make something even better down the road, or not. The rave reviews will surely prompt some attention, but with BMW holding onto the powerplant, whatever Husky uses, better be wicked awesome. This is the educated choice for you to ponder. Husky is talking about targeting other countries with cheap high quality machines. Well, those machines may not be certified for US market.

I made the decision to buy now and enjoy before I die or the world ends. Best decision I have made in a long time over a vehicle purchase.

Best of luck in your quest
Dave
Old 05-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #2890
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,714
Nice post Snailrider. RRide sounds ok to me, he just likes to troll a bit. Hopefully I will see him up at Newcombs on a Terra/Strada soon.

I'm not at all unhappy with my $7,300 out the door in Long Beach.

'07 White (the coolest color) GSA rider
'13 Husky Strada & '14 KTM 690 Enduro
SocalRob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #2891
snailrider
Prostpector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalRob View Post
Nice post Snailrider. RRide sounds ok to me, he just likes to troll a bit. Hopefully I will see him up at Newcombs on a Terra/Strada soon.

I'm not at all unhappy with my $7,300 out the door in Long Beach.
That is what I was going to offer, but it was gone when I got back, good thing too, I am tickled with mine. I was thinking yesterday while out and about on the height issue. I really like being up high in traffic. Stopping, not so much fun, but getting used to it. On twisties, the Metzlers do well. Off road, so far, so good.

I got a Seahorse case on the way, and starting to design a nice carrier. That rack must go. I have seen some nice project stuff here already, but I think the mounting point needs to utilize the muffler mount point on the frame. I don't like the the mounting using the existing point of the luggage rack. I am also going to make it strong enough to pull a trailer.

Have you seen the one wheel trailers, they are cool.

The original design I have seen is much better than this. I was not able to find that design quickly on image search.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #2892
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
There are 3 Strada's here in South EASTERN PA and one Terra from 3 different dealers. I'm not naming dealers, you can do the math.

THE prices are: Strada: $5500, $400 shiping, $99 doc fee (Thats $5999.00) ; plus your state tax and title/tags = OTD Price

Terra (1) was $5999. Plus $200 Shipping, plus 99 doc fee. (Thats $6300) plus your state tax and title/tag. This dealer was holding out because he sold out of all others and knows he can get his price. I don't blame him.

Nobody accorss the country is doing much better then that. I bought the Stada because they mainly deal in BMW's so I could be assured service down the road with MOSS tool ect....The other dealers were Husqvarna as a side gig, but their prices were the same.

PM for details but either way, throw in the shipping and its no longer a good deal. I say buy um for whatever you can.

Every magazine published said these bikes were a deal at MSRP and they ALL loved them.....now suddenly, they aint no good unless you can steal one for $2500 off. I know the $5400 dealer and he is a good guy. He made a mistake to our members favor. He is very luck but I don't think they have the MOSS tool. But, you never know...

Rayzor61 screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 01:35 PM
Rayzor61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:13 AM   #2893
trapperj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
I've wasted more $ on bad beer and rank pizza over the years then the dollars you might or might not save on a TR...I've got bunches of real stuff to worry about. My free time I want to enjoy. That's usually riding something...lately the TR gets most my ride time....I have a few to pick from too. That's how much I like this bike. While some are chasing a deal that may or may not be there....I am approaching 4k miles on my Strada and all smiles. My bet is they'll be gone as quickly as they showed up...don't blink!
trapperj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #2894
rride
Honda NH 750

Oddometer: 133
Laugh

Quote:

The one $5400 OTD Terra in PA is the cheapest we've seen thus far, and that equates to $1500 off MSRP. We've seen a few others advertised at $5400, but with no room to wiggle on fees and taxes. So please, I beg you, show me where people are legitimately getting $2500 off the Terra. Hell, I'll go buy a second one as a spare for $2500 off.

How about $5799 for Terra or $5999 for Strada?
Go get you a spare. Looks like they are stacking them deep and selling them cheap. Many ads were no credit needed for retail prices.
Put your money where your mouth is

craigslist LA 5-31-13

CL los angeles central LA all for sale / wanted motorcycles/scooters - by dealer
Reply 2zpvj-3819616265@sale.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-05-21, 9:55AM PDT
Lowest price Husqvarna TR650 Terra hurry wont last!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - $5799 (call)
Best deal on a big motard bike anywhere!!!! This is the bmw powered 2013 Husqvarna Terra tr 650 with 0 miles and full factory warranty ready for the trip of a life time.

Please call Eric Bisbee @ 951-536-5277 and we can meet so you can see these great bikes in person.

All prices are plus applicable fees
I do have finacing available.

NOW ONLY $5799.00 CALL NOW!!!!
CL los angeles central LA all for sale / wanted motorcycles/scooters - by dealer
Reply vqqbs-3808032661@sale.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-05-15, 7:08PM PDT
New 2013 lowest price anywhere!!!!!!Husqvarna Strada 650 Motard !!!!!! - $5999 (call)

Best deal on a big motard bike anywhere!!!! This is the bmw powered 2013 Husqvarna Strada 650 with 0 miles and full factory warranty ready for the trip of a life time. Please call Eric Bisbee @ 951-536-5277 and we can meet so you can see these great bikes in person. All prices are plus applicable fees and I do have finacing available.

NOW ONLY $5999.00 CALL NOW!!!!
rride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #2895
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 6,373
That's not $2500 off. That also states "All prices are plus applicable fees."