Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #1741
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
Two more red flags. A heat race and 450 main. The 450 was single file start on the third lap. RV was second but got bumped back 3 spots because he jumped with a red cross flag out. Later another red cross flag and JS7 passes RV for the lead. RV was clearly slowing for the red cross flag and the red lights on the triple. Stewart cut inside and passed. The next corner RV passed back for the lead. If you can't pass on the yellow flag you shouldn't be able to pass on red cross. That is what looked like what happens. Can't wait to watch the race and see what happened.

Not a bad race. Better than last week though.
Did you get that from JustinTV? I followed the live timing there last night, interesting way to follow a race. No video or audio feed, just the timing chart live. Easier to tell where everyone was than being at the race in person or watching TV. Easy to tell where all 20 riders were, but you don't really know why they are where they are except for the comments in the chat room.

Can't wait to see how the Villipoto penalty came about. And the 250's, no spoilers but WOW! Can't wait to see that,

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #1742
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,229
We where at the race. The 250 race was a good race.

I even told my wife that if it was just follow the leader I'm done going to SX races. Luckily it was a good race because we already have Indy tickets.

I didn't go to the pits but my wife and daughter did and it was wall to wall people.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #1743
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,680
Woo Hoo! It's finally back on TV.

Enough of that season review crap.
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #1744
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,732
wow what a race. when RV passed JS the first time and Stewart passed him back man I'm glad I didn't look at results and watched it on CBS.

if they red cross flag the simple answer would be to have a green cross flag so you have the OK to go again. I didn't see Barcia go down he was right there and caught a tough block but they never replayed it.

I think they were talking about Milsapps being faster in the whoops than Barcia and no sooner do they say that then they both enter the whoops and they don't show it..

St. Louis seems to always be a good race and a neat track plus there is a bike museum in town and there seems to be a good vintage presence, it's high on my list for next year. Indoors and warm.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #1745
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,744
Awesome final race in the 450's... !!!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #1746
nachtflug
infidel

250's are hauling ass as well. ouch to 87 on the tangle with 67 which left 87 underneath his own bike. not easy to do...
Old 03-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #1747
nachtflug
infidel

wow what a 250 main.

4 laps left Wilson in striking distance of Hahn and Emig says "Hahn needs to settle in" and RC says "I don't know about that"...

he isn't totally clueless.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #1748
Racer111v
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
[QUOTE=nachtflug;20854972

St. Louis seems to always be a good race and a neat track plus there is a bike museum in town and there seems to be a good vintage presence, it's high on my list for next year. Indoors and warm.[/QUOTE]

I've been there a few times and it was nice. A train will bring you from the airport right to downtown. There are lots of hotels and clubs/restaurants with in walking distance of the stadium. Never had to rent a car or take a taxi. The racing was always great, and the seating/viewing was excellent.
Racer111v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #1749
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer111v View Post
I've been there a few times and it was nice. A train will bring you from the airport right to downtown. There are lots of hotels and clubs/restaurants with in walking distance of the stadium. Never had to rent a car or take a taxi. The racing was always great, and the seating/viewing was excellent.
good to know. having been to Dallas last month for my first SX of the single shock/water cooled/disc brake/4 stroke/fuel injected/air fork/launch mode era as much as I liked it I'd hesitate to go back the very next year. Altanta and St. Louis were high on the list and even higher now that I've been to Dallas.

The pit pictures at St. Louis seem to be indoors. Anyone know where they pit? If that part of the stadium?
Old 03-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #1750
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,680
Eek

That was a great race.

As far as those red cross flags, when did this come into play? It really seemed to mess with the riders.
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #1751
NorthCoastRider
Livin' the dream

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
As far as those red cross flags, when did this come into play? It really seemed to mess with the riders.
They've always had the red cross flag but this year its been used a lot more, where they normally just waved the yellow. It also came out lots in practice at both live races I was at this year.

Asterisk is trying to make it safer for the riders but I'm undecided if the amount of red flagging is necessary.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #1752
muddriller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
The pit pictures at St. Louis seem to be indoors. Anyone know where they pit? If that part of the stadium?[/QUOTE]

Pits were indoors in an adjacent building. Quite a bit of room, but it was tough to make sure you saw everything in there. Especially the vintage MX'ers.

Todd
Old 03-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #1753
nachtflug
infidel

just saw some pictures from today on Facebook at Englishtown's first open practice of the year and one Jason Lawrence was participating.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #1754
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,376
Well I DVRed the race on CBS and well it ended up being bull riding WTF , listing said SC but nope

Any place else I cn see it

'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Shocktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #1755
Silver
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocktower View Post
Well I DVRed the race on CBS and well it ended up being bull riding WTF , listing said SC but nope

Any place else I cn see it
Yeah it didn't download for me either/messed up.

Looks like they are all up on this bros channel though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ipad3daily?feature=watch
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote