Oddometer: 13,191
Tell that to Kyle Chisholm.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #1787
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRadam View Post
The downed rider is back up and on his bike! Pretty soon SX is gonna be like T-ball. Tell them they all won so the riders all feel good and their fans do to.
Flag is still out. Rider is still stationary. Flag represents the entire section. Rules are rules..... Wait a minute, no they aren't, obviously. My bad, carry on. I wonder what SX looks like through RV coloured glasses....(rhetorical)
SigPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #1788
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,523
Quote:
The downed rider is back up and on his bike! Pretty soon SX is gonna be like T-ball. Tell them they all won so the riders all feel good and their fans do to.
To an extent you are right, but the rule is written in the book and it needs to be enforced every time, for every rider, the same way so there is no question. If the rule is there it should be followed. The grey area in the rules that people are talking about is only there because the rules aren't consistently enforced.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #1789
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Wider shot from HD version of youtube replay.

SigPig screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 09:52 AM
Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #1790
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Here he talks about the first incident that he was docked the positions for.

Racer X: Take us through this one, from the start.
Ryan Villopoto: First turn, [Justin] Barcia did a powerslide and then I did one, James was unable to get underneath me. I was third and then 4th, got around a guy and made a costly mistake and jumped on a red cross. I thought I was past it but it’s obviously the full straightaway. It was on Mike [Alessi], and obviously we know Mike’s kind of hard to pass. I wanted to try to get it done right away and just jumped the gun. And then obviously [the] red flag and they re-lined us up and I was 5th. They originally told me, we’re going to dock you after the race. And I’m like, whoa, well you’re restarting so start me now… so then they said okay, yeah, yeah, they must have mis-said what they were originally going to do, and ended up changing it. That was good because whatever happened during the race it’s not like I was stuck with winning and then getting docked. So that was good.

A new rule is then made up on the spot at RV's request. Then goes ahead and commits the same offence with no penalty. It's great to be the Champ.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #1791
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Here is JS passing RV between the flashing red and the red cross flag.

Perhaps the podium should have looked like this?
Old 03-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #1792
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPig View Post
Wider shot from HD version of youtube replay.

Isn't that a yellow flag waving in the upper right hand corner? I'd say that is the one they're supposed to pay attention to. In the video of the race I also thought there were yellow flags waving. Not red cross flags. I mean, which flag are you supposed to pay attention to when you're racing at that level?
PTRadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #1793
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,229
Quote:
Here is JS passing RV between the flashing red and the red cross flag.

Perhaps the podium should have looked like this?
That photo shows what I saw. Stewart should not have been in front of RV. He passed on the red light. There where so many fails if you nail one guy you have to nail them all.

It was just easier to let them all get away with it.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #1794
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Quote:
Flag is still out. Rider is still stationary. Flag represents the entire section. Rules are rules..... Wait a minute, no they aren't, obviously. My bad, carry on. I wonder what SX looks like through RV coloured glasses....(rhetorical)
So what is your take on the turn before when Stewie ran RV high with a red light on the entrance to the corner and a red cross on the exit of the corner?
PTRadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #1795
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
So what is your take on the turn before when Stewie ran RV high with a red light on the entrance to the corner and a red cross on the exit of the corner?
Look up 3-4 posts.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #1796
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,895
Quote:
Isn't that a yellow flag waving in the upper right hand corner? I'd say that is the one they're supposed to pay attention to. In the video of the race I also thought there were yellow flags waving. Not red cross flags. I mean, which flag are you supposed to pay attention to when you're racing at that level?

Actually there were TWO yellow flags after the red cross flag, so now what's the rule if the flag is for the entire straightaway?

And why is there a red cross flag out for a guy sitting on his bike kicking the starter? Once you wave a flag do you keep it out until the whole field has gone by it once?

I really hope they figure all these rules out before Daytona. And enforce them unless the guy that violated a rule is nice and asks for leniency.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #1797
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Best race yet,shitty coverage.Now hope for a swamp at Daytona!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #1798
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
best race yet,shitty coverage.now hope for a swamp at daytona!
+1
Old 03-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #1799
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Anyone know what this is about? Did something happen on the first 3 laps that weren't televised?

RacerX Interview with Barcia

RacerX:That was a crazy race, dude.

Bracia:Yeah, it was definitely crazy. I was feeling good and battling it up, having five, six, so many fast guys, one mistake puts you from top three to off the box like that. Definitely a bummer. I went in the corner pretty good and clipped my front brake. Tuff Block stood me up a little, and couldn’t do a triple. So it was definitely tough. And racing with those guys is so awesome, but then you got a guy like Stewart that is not very fun to race with. I race really aggressive with everyone, but I try not to race super dirty, but he takes it to that next level.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #1800
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,257
Quote:
Anyone know what this is about? Did something happen on the first 3 laps that weren't televised?

RacerX Interview with Barcia

RacerX:That was a crazy race, dude.

Bracia:Yeah, it was definitely crazy. I was feeling good and battling it up, having five, six, so many fast guys, one mistake puts you from top three to off the box like that. Definitely a bummer. I went in the corner pretty good and clipped my front brake. Tuff Block stood me up a little, and couldn’t do a triple. So it was definitely tough. And racing with those guys is so awesome, but then you got a guy like Stewart that is not very fun to race with. I race really aggressive with everyone, but I try not to race super dirty, but he takes it to that next level.

I saw when he went off track after passing JS about half way through the race. Never saw anything suspicious between the two though.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote