enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,204
Cudby is one of the best.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #1967
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,785
Damn, these photos are getting me in the mood! 1 month left until they get here...

I sure hope I can ride the bike there...
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #1968
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansawyer View Post
Sand requires power. 450 is the bike to be on.
I was wrong here. Roczen was flying on the 350. He wouldn't have gone any faster on a 450.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #1969
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
In the early years of motocross at Daytona there was a 250 and open class. Like I said the Jammer won in 72. I don't remember the next few years? think Steve Stackable won the open one year and Bob Grossi won the open on a Husky in 73.??? Bob Grossi was a good rider not a great rider, thats why he rode open. I do remember Gary Jones smoking everyone on the new Honda two stroke in 73 but he didn't finish because he didn't want to go through tech for some reason. I heard the reason is because he was on a oversized 250..............I also followed the the road races back then. I think Yamaha placed 20 out of the first 20 places in the the 250s and in the soon to be called Super Bike class, Yamaha 350s smoked the Harleys and Brit bikes.........I know this shit belongs in Olds Cool but thought ya'll would want to know?
Thanks for that, Moses....made this old guy feel like the kid in the crowd!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #1970
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
In the early years of motocross at Daytona there was a 250 and open class. Like I said the Jammer won in 72. I don't remember the next few years? think Steve Stackable won the open one year and Bob Grossi won the open on a Husky in 73.??? Bob Grossi was a good rider not a great rider, thats why he rode open. I do remember Gary Jones smoking everyone on the new Honda two stroke in 73 but he didn't finish because he didn't want to go through tech for some reason. I heard the reason is because he was on a oversized 250..............I also followed the the road races back then. I think Yamaha placed 20 out of the first 20 places in the the 250s and in the soon to be called Super Bike class, Yamaha 350s smoked the Harleys and Brit bikes.........I know this shit belongs in Olds Cool but thought ya'll would want to know?
it's all good. Billy Grossi did some VMX'ing at some of the big events a few years ago but never have seen Bob involved in any. I do remember the rumor of Gary Jones Honda being a tad bigger than a 250 myself. As far as the 350 Yamaha winning at Daytona, that bike is now in the AMA museum in Ohio, I saw it last month. It borders on surreal to look at it because it is so stark there is nothing to it, nothing "impressive" like suspension or brake's it's just a little shit of a bike. Don Emde rode the bike to the win and became the only son of a Daytona winner to win Daytona. He's fairly active in the industry still and is on Facebook. I took a few cell phone pics of the bike but they kind of suck..I also remember Stackable winning, he's another one who kind of drifted off and never came back to jump on the vintage bandwagon with Lackey, Hansen, Jones and the rest of them, though I think Stackable did go the the premier of One Chance to Win the movie about the 1975 500 cc National MX series that was only a 6 or 6 race series and it came down to the last race with Weinert, Stack, Lackey, Karsmakers, Tony D, maybe, all with a chance to win. Great movie, just great.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #1971
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansawyer View Post
I was wrong here. Roczen was flying on the 350. He wouldn't have gone any faster on a 450.
He might have gone faster on a 250 though, since his Q time wouldn't even have been in the top 7 in 250s!?!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #1972
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,540
OK, who slipped Flug some acid?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
We are in a rare moment of a sky that is almost all Pisces. As I've said a few times, there's been nothing like this since the 1960s, the last time Chiron was in Pisces. If you were born in the '60s this may be a very exciting, original, energetic and creative time for you.

Chiron is joined by retrograde Mercury, which due to the retrograde is spending more than two months in Pisces (February 5 through April 13). Venus just jumped into the pond, and is conjunct Neptune, the modern ruler of Pisces. Then we have Mars, and the Sun—plus a new, small (and very Piscean) object called Borasisi—that's the one about how belief interacts with our perception of reality.

That's the nature of Pisces: what is real and what is not, and how do we know? To an artist, filmmaker or musician, what they are creating is what is real. Then anyone who relates to it will experience it as being real, with the power to affect and even change them.

To someone else, imagery, cinema or music may be seen as a diversion or illusion. Borrowing a bit from Dickens, fact or fancy? Well, retrograde Mercury in Pisces sure is blurring the line.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #1973
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
I think Stackable did go the the premier of One Chance to Win the movie about the 1975 500 cc National MX series that was only a 6 or 6 race series and it came down to the last race with Weinert, Stack, Lackey, Karsmakers, Tony D, maybe, all with a chance to win. Great movie, just great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZeHU84xoTo
Old 03-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #1974
nachtflug
infidel

Old 03-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #1975
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
Down in Indy on business...looks like the circus is pulling into town. Not too bad of pictures from this iphone.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #1976
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,785
I've been there! Went by there in 2008 for the Moto GP. Nice pics.

Circus...
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #1977
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,229
That time of the year for this.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #1978
spdjnky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
We're heading there in the morning. Can't wait.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #1979
morefishnworms
Anywhere

Oddometer: 15
Indy Supercross Track

Got a sneak peak of the track last night
Attached Images

morefishnworms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #1980
B1KSOLO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
We are in a rare moment of a sky that is almost all Pisces. As I've said a few times, there's been nothing like this since the 1960s, the last time Chiron was in Pisces. If you were born in the '60s this may be a very exciting, original, energetic and creative time for you.

Chiron is joined by retrograde Mercury, which due to the retrograde is spending more than two months in Pisces (February 5 through April 13). Venus just jumped into the pond, and is conjunct Neptune, the modern ruler of Pisces. Then we have Mars, and the Sun—plus a new, small (and very Piscean) object called Borasisi—that's the one about how belief interacts with our perception of reality.

That's the nature of Pisces: what is real and what is not, and how do we know? To an artist, filmmaker or musician, what they are creating is what is real. Then anyone who relates to it will experience it as being real, with the power to affect and even change them.

To someone else, imagery, cinema or music may be seen as a diversion or illusion. Borrowing a bit from Dickens, fact or fancy? Well, retrograde Mercury in Pisces sure is blurring the line.
Holy shit I need a drink after reading this and its only 520AM
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote