User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #2611
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,811
As far as Alessi................

Maybe hes skipping races out of embarrassment? Repeatedly getting the start then getting lapped has become his M.O.
Main problem seems to be going too slow in the whoops and the corners,or crashing out. He used to be faster.

What sort of traction control are the others using?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #2612
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,401
At the "club" we have a girl , Marrissa Markelson who is a a WMA rider and finishes maybe top 10 and to see that girl ride is amazing. AJ Catastrano who has been been qualifying for SX mains rides there, Aaron Lampi who has just turned pro practices there. Very cool to see these kids grow up and then on TV!
I don't see any "juicing" but I do kids working hard and trying to make it.
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #2613
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
Read that book and you won't feel that way.
Im sure it was a bummer regardless,and as always,you cant believe everything you read or hear.
People write books for all kinds of reasons,for money,to save their reputation or what ever.

Id have to read it. Ive ridden road bicycles for years but dont follow the racing that much.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #2614
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Im sure it was a bummer regardless,and as always,you cant believe everything you read or hear.
People write books for all kinds of reasons,for money,to save their reputation or what ever.

Id have to read it. Ive ridden road bicycles for years but dont follow the racing that much.
I was an LA fan and believed he was part of a "witch hunt" until I read that book..

He's a bully and I don't like bully's.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #2615
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,763
Quote:

Maybe hes skipping races out of embarrassment? Repeatedly getting the start then getting lapped has become his M.O.
Main problem seems to be going too slow in the whoops and the corners,or crashing out. He used to be faster.

I wonder if the new technology is a rear view camera with a screen mounted in his goggles? That way he can see who's coming and get the fuck out of the way. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #2616
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,947
Quote:

In the post race interview after his 6th place finish he mentioned Weimer's green fender coming through and said he thought it was RV.
I would have fired him for that if he rode for me, you don't get to ride if you just expect to get lapped, and you especially don't say stoopit shit like that to press.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #2617
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

He gets them exposure at every race by holeshotting 99% of them.

I guess they feel he's worth his keep for that alone.

He definitely is a better outdoor rider.
He will be in the top five this year.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #2618
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,003
Quote:
Is it a legitimate issue?
Can't see how it's not in this day and age. For the record juiced or not todays riders are beyond belief in my book and they make any other sport look downright lame. Is it worth stopping to consider? (juiced) - yes. But I don't deny the level to which juiced or not the riders have evolved to. Suspension technology obviously helps, thats why 5 years running now I'm still amazed every time someone hammers some whoops or goes into orbit to land on the downside of a table top like it's no big deal. If RC was juiced I'm sure others were too. If he wasn't and they weren't I'm sure he'd have had the same results. More or less...Maybe I'm naive. A lot of money at stake, I bring it up simply for arguments sake and just like Woods I think RC begs the question be asked. I haven't a clue what the answer is. Tiger Woods I think is a no brainer his body changed as did his behavior but at least he had fun doing it. Woods was juiced. RC? Who knows. Does it matter? Maybe not.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #2619
skwidd
where does this lead?

Quote:
He gets them exposure at every race by holeshotting 99% of them.

I guess they feel he's worth his keep for that alone.

He definitely is a better outdoor rider.
He will be in the top five this year.
He better get well inside the top 10 at every race, and finish top 5 in points, there are more really fast kids coming up in the next couple of years.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
Old 04-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #2620
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
He better get well inside the top 10 at every race, and finish top 5 in points, there are more really fast kids coming up in the next couple of years.
He's on the backside of his career.

After all the hype,he really didn't live up to it did he?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #2621
skwidd
where does this lead?

Quote:
He's on the backside of his career.

After all the hype he really didn't live up to it,did he?
He does deserve some credit for being the breadwinner in the family, but he'll finish out with zero professional titles.

He may also have a bit harder time transitioning into an industry job of some sort with his history, but I guess if Ryno can do it he can too.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #2622
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
At the "club" we have a girl , Marrissa Markelson who is a a WMA rider and finishes maybe top 10 and to see that girl ride is amazing. AJ Catastrano who has been been qualifying for SX mains rides there, Aaron Lampi who has just turned pro practices there. Very cool to see these kids grow up and then on TV!
I don't see any "juicing" but I do kids working hard and trying to make it.
Lampi is buddies with Hammer. Lampi is from Fishkill and I've seen him go from Super Mini's to pro. He missed the LCQ xfer spot by one at Southwick last year, his first national. Unadilla, not so good. I've seen him ride a lot. Hammer ventures over here a little and I've seen him ride, him and Lampi were pretty close in skill 2 years ago, it will be interesting to see who does better on the big stage. Hammer did turn pro within the last few months. He knows who I am I've posted some pics of him on his facebook and he came up to me at Southwick to say hi. Just a young skinny wisp of a kid who can ride the wheels off a bike. Pretty elite company just getting the pro license (I think) , the big question now is can he or any of them compete with dozens as equally capable. The men from the boys it's got to be SO competitive at that level on big bikes. No more super mini's or B class cake walks. I can't wait to see them both have at it at the nationals, being a northeast rider they can hit a half dozen races easy. Time will tell. I've also seen Melissa ride over here a few times, and she rode Southwick last year, probably previous years too but no more women at the nationals, or at least only 2 nationals. Not sure what happened there. I've also been watching Catanzaro's results. Do you know what number we wore the last few years before he turned pro?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #2623
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
facebook...
you get poking around in facebook you see all kinds of neat shit.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #2624
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Hammer did turn pro within the last few months. He knows who I am I've posted some pics of him on his facebook and he came up to me at Southwick to say hi. Just a young skinny wisp of a kid who can ride the wheels off a bike.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #2625
skwidd
where does this lead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
I wonder if the new technology is a rear view camera with a screen mounted in his goggles? That way he can see who's coming and get the fuck out of the way. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR

It's a secret RF transmitter that randomly fries the stator on the other bikes.