ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #1156
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shawnee Bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Sorry Bill, but I'm pretty sure this does actually qualify you as old!
Now that's the best news I've heard in years!!!

.
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #1157
oilfieldtrash
I don't wanna be a noob
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Kingfisher, OK
Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
motorbikes are too scary. Have you ridden one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
We know that 1" forks and tiny drum brakes are dangerous, and we're scared.
Dude, I get it. You're a tough guy and I'm a scared guy. I'm sure your dad could beat up my dad as well. Talk yourself into whatever you want to believe, I'm OK with it.

Regardless of how many times you put me down, it won't change the fact that current riders could indeed ride the bikes from 30 years ago well.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #1158
oilfieldtrash
I don't wanna be a noob
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Kingfisher, OK
Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Just chasing the bait.

We have a whole new crew running 250's this weekend, is Bagget going to smoke'm like Tomac is doing? He is smoke'm them? Right?

I became a Bagget fan last summer but he always seemed to need the whole 30 minutes to catch up, he won't have that kind of time in SX. 15 laps doesn't take very long.


.
Wilson will most likely be the man to beat IMO. Would love to see the best of the east and west run together all year like the 450s. Right now the 250 races kind of seem like a 2 man race vs the 450s in which 6 or 7 guys have a chance at winning.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #1159
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer
 
pbarmy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Great Black Swamp
Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Just chasing the bait.

We have a whole new crew running 250's this weekend, is Bagget going to smoke'm like Tomac is doing? He is smoke'm them? Right?

I became a Bagget fan last summer but he always seemed to need the whole 30 minutes to catch up, he won't have that kind of time in SX. 15 laps doesn't take very long.


.
Bags is/was running west,broke his hand/wrist in A1 practice I think.You'd never know it,tho Erin did interview him @ A3.Wison,Durham,Musquin,who am I missing,probably several.Gotta be some fast Honda guys.We'll be in Indy at the M.C trade show this weekend.Racer X is having a party Sat nite,hope we can make it.
__________________
"Nostalgia ain't what it once was"
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #1160
eddie bolted
BOING!!!
 
eddie bolted's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: st. clair pa.
Oddometer: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassAnkles View Post
oh jesus please start your own thread. your generations training regimen involved drinking "light" beer the night before, followed by coffee and cig before the race. do us a favor and borrow someones new 450 and lets see you hang on to it. there mind boggling fast......so fast i believe no more power is needed in supercross
The so called OLD bikes(70's)had crazy power but the suspension was SHIT ,bikes now have power AND the suspension to harness that power,much easier to ride fast on today's bikes,just sayin'!
__________________
If it stops raining now, i'll be pissed!(BEANTOP)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #1161
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shawnee Bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Dude, I get it. You're a tough guy and I'm a scared guy. I'm sure your dad could beat up my dad as well. Talk yourself into whatever you want to believe, I'm OK with it.

Regardless of how many times you put me down, it won't change the fact that current riders could indeed ride the bikes from 30 years ago well.
I was also oil field trash before you were born, threw that iron around like it was toothpicks Then on weekends threw a 400 CZ around those huge doubles they had. (I know they were at least 2 feet high! )
(Actually I was an engineer so just stood over to the side and pointed )

Today I ride a Husaberg FE390 on the trails, only a slight improvement over that CZ


On another note, I forgot all about Wilson in the 250's, he will make life hard for Bagget.


.
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #1162
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dsilver1007's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Clemson SC
Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bolted View Post
The so called OLD bikes(70's)had crazy power but the suspension was SHIT ,bikes now have power AND the suspension to harness that power,much easier to ride fast on today's bikes,just sayin'!
Riding fast on todays bikes is ALOT easier no doubt, but 70's bikes had more power than the suspension could handle but arent nearly as fast as todays bikes. put a 70's air cooled two stroke on the dyno with a 450 or even a current 2 stroke, the old bike would be blown away.
__________________
If you cant ride it on one, ride it on two
dsilver1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #1163
Trialsguy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Oddometer: 165
According to the Suzuki press release at the time , the much feared TM400 only put out 40HP (claimed) at the crank . I found a couple other sites that show dyno runs of 33HP at the crank.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/T...ales1b_600.jpg

A riding buddy back then had one that I would try from time to time. Fun, but pretty much useless.
Trialsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #1164
eddie bolted
BOING!!!
 
eddie bolted's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: st. clair pa.
Oddometer: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilver1007 View Post
Riding fast on todays bikes is ALOT easier no doubt, but 70's bikes had more power than the suspension could handle but arent nearly as fast as todays bikes. put a 70's air cooled two stroke on the dyno with a 450 or even a current 2 stroke, the old bike would be blown away.
Yea ,Iknow what your sayin' but get on an old KX500 with that raw untractable power and that shitty suspension and it sure felt like you were flying.
I'd like to see the comparison on a dyno between today's 450 aginst an old KX 500.
I may be old but i saw all of the pioneers of MX in person!
__________________
If it stops raining now, i'll be pissed!(BEANTOP)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #1165
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dsilver1007's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Clemson SC
Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trialsguy View Post
According to the Suzuki press release at the time , the much feared TM400 only put out 40HP (claimed) at the crank . I found a couple other sites that show dyno runs of 33HP at the crank.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/T...ales1b_600.jpg

A riding buddy back then had one that I would try from time to time. Fun, but pretty much useless.
fear invoking numbers
__________________
If you cant ride it on one, ride it on two
dsilver1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #1166
eddie bolted
BOING!!!
 
eddie bolted's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: st. clair pa.
Oddometer: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trialsguy View Post
According to the Suzuki press release at the time , the much feared TM400 only put out 40HP (claimed) at the crank . I found a couple other sites that show dyno runs of 33HP at the crank.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/T...ales1b_600.jpg

A riding buddy back then had one that I would try from time to time. Fun, but pretty much useless.
Probally a good thing it didn't have more HP.Them old bikes were a brutal ride.
__________________
If it stops raining now, i'll be pissed!(BEANTOP)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #1167
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,697
So what's the deal? Can Tomac ride a 450 on the East? Will he?
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #1168
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..
 
enduro0125's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Orchard Park,NY
Oddometer: 13,046
Rumor is he will run K Dub's 450.
__________________
AMA 487807A
enduro0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #1169
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
Rumor is he will run K Dub's 450.
That would be awesome. Add some depth to the shallow field of 450 riders.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #1170
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dsilver1007's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Clemson SC
Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bolted View Post
Yea ,Iknow what your sayin' but get on an old KX500 with that raw untractable power and that shitty suspension and it sure felt like you were flying.
I'd like to see the comparison on a dyno between today's 450 aginst an old KX 500.
I may be old but i saw all of the pioneers of MX in person!
Im with you riding those 500's are brutal...i wasnt including those when i was talking about old bikes (70's) once they starting making yz 465's yz490's kx500's cr500/480's the hp numbers were on a different planet
__________________
If you cant ride it on one, ride it on two
dsilver1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014