Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #1411
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
Bullshit! we dont need rules like that....every rider on the track can take points from you or from your competitor. It dont really matter where they raced last week...would you say a AreanaCross guy cant come try to make the main? what about all the local fast guys that try week in and week out just to make the show....you want them to not enter?

Have you been a racer and in different series at the same time? back when....way back when... i was and some times it is just good to mix it up with different guys.

bottom line, the more guys that can race for the top 10 the better for the racers and the fans.
my .02 and its worth what you paid
This.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #1412
B1KSOLO
1 down 4 up right?

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Bullshit! we dont need rules like that....every rider on the track can take points from you or from your competitor. It dont really matter where they raced last week...would you say a AreanaCross guy cant come try to make the main? what about all the local fast guys that try week in and week out just to make the show....you want them to not enter?

Have you been a racer and in different series at the same time? back when....way back when... i was and some times it is just good to mix it up with different guys.

bottom line, the more guys that can race for the top 10 the better for the racers and the fans.
my .02 and its worth what you paid
I'm kinda down with Bob on this one
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #1413
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,847
Speaking of all this, is there a rule that says a 250 rider can not race in both the east and west series?
The way things are it seems there must be.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #1414
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,318
Quote:
what about all the local fast guys that try week in and week out just to make the show....you want them to not enter?
dude did you read what I wrote. my understanding is the whole idea of the east/west is for the local fast guys to get a crack at the big leagues. so yes, I want them to enter. any series they want. not all the series. any series.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #1415
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
this is the big leagues. the white tee's. this is for all the marbles. it needs structure and it needs to be governed to get the best possible product. If millsaps loses by a whisker because someone from the minor leagues has tilted the pinball machine it won't be good for the entire sport.

the AMA has made the 250 series the minor leagues by structuring it the way they have I am not knocking the 250 riders. but you have to protect the integrity of the sport. meaningless entries that can have an effect on the final outcomes make no sense. a 250 rider who is looking for gate time is a meaningless entry as he can't win the title so why allow him to effect your championship of your premier class.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #1416
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,788
Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #1417
nachtflug
infidel

also, lets say Canard and Barcia were right up there in the points race. If Tomac comes in it isn't fair to the other guys as team riding could come into play. more opportunity to dilute the product.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #1418
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,441
There is a rule that if you are racing East you may not race West and vice-versa. The exception is, or has been, that if you sign-up for West but are injured before the series starts or at the first round (without scoring any points) you can switch to the East coast instead.

Also, most all of the top ten or more in the 450's hve pointed out of the 250 class, thus keeping them from being eligable to drop down. The 250 riders signing up for the 450's is the only way one class crosses into the other and I think it has worked well over the years. This has been happening since the birth of a East/West coast feeder class and I don't remember there ever having been an issue with a Lites rider screwing up the show for one of the big boys.

And isn't there a rule now that you can't just sign-up for a SX race but first have to go prove yourself by scoring a certain number of points in the Arenacross series? It seems like I heard that somewhere.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #1419
e.t.
Certified User

Oddometer: 260
The way it is set up now works better then the old format

You can't have local pros that ride 99% outdoors show up and race the big dogs anymore. They were not in contention then - and they sure as hell wouldn't be now
e.t. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #1420
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
I was at the Montreal SX in 1977 when Jimmy Ellis won it.
And started watching again, 30 years later......
PTRadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #1421
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

If Kawi wanted to really wanted to employ some team tactics, they'd put Dean Wilson on a 450 in the west, and tell him to get in between Villopoto and Millsaps. Provided Villopoto is in front of course. Now Andrew Short is on a KTM, with good support. You bet your ass his job is to get in between Millsaps and Dungey. .
Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #1422
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRadam View Post
And started watching again, 30 years later......
not quite. I could probably tell you more than most people about the evolution of weinert and jones to ellis and tony d to hannah to hansen to johnson and bailey and ward and lechein to stanton and cooper to larocco and chicken mastiavech to mcgrath to ricky charmicheal the greatest of all time (just ask him) to reed and stewart to dungey and villopotto. no disrespect to chappy blose mind you.

sonny.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #1423
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRadam View Post
You bet your ass his job is to get in between Millsaps and Dungey. .
he'll have to pass dungey to do that.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #1424
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
he'll have to pass dungey to do that.
He'll just have to start in front of him. Dungey has a hell of a time passing guys. And Short is one hard SOB to pass.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #1425
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Well that certainly was interesting!Didnt expect Flug to agree with me.Its been done this way and will continue to be done this way.I just dont like it.Fact is I cant wait for outdoors.And I posted awhile back that Baggett was out with broken hand/wrist.As I said before,I hope it all goes well for everyone.

Here's a Nick Wey picture from last weekend,he's doing well.