Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #1441
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPig View Post
Does your theory apply to outdoors as well?
Will Dowd and Brownie have to stay at home this year.
Is Kurt Caselli not welcome at Southwick?
Does dowd ride both series outdoors?
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:20 AM   #1442
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,074
Good thing this sport still caters to racers,not fanbois.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #1443
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 874
^^^^^
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:39 AM   #1444
B1KSOLO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
What ever happened to anyone can win on any Sunday (or Saturday)
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #1445
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Does dowd ride both series outdoors?
No, but he's not fighting for the championship, he might get in the way
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #1446
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
If a racer from another series with no chance of a championship beats you and ruins your chance for a title so what. Go cry about how it isn't fair. You should have picked up the pace and earned your championship.

Anyone can win at any time. Better pull up your panties and get on the gas if you want to be on that top step.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #1447
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
if a racer from another series with no chance of a championship beats you and ruins your chance for a title so what. Go cry about how it isn't fair. You should have picked up the pace and earned your championship.

Anyone can win at any time. Better pull up your panties and get on the gas if you want to be on that top step.
+1
SigPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #1448
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,734
I see Flug's point. If someone not previously in the series nails one of the top riders in the start (and takes that distinction from Reed ) it will be a damn shame. A damn shame, but I am all for anyone who has the ability to race....to race. The 250's are not an amateur or entry level series anymore. Team Green has pumped bazillions into that class and I saw plenty of guys who really had no business in the 450s trying to qualify.
Hell, I'd like to see Pastrana or some other crazy show up once in a while.

The way it has been this year, whoever can get a good start can win it. Top five start or you fight for the last podium place.
It's anyone's race to win or to lose.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #1449
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
I see Flug's point. .....
Except Tomac.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #1450
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fajita Dave View Post
I can't wait to watch Tomac race in the 450 class this weekend. At the same time I've got to agree with flug. Its just seems like poor structure for this racing series. You should have to stay in whichever series you started in.

Even though no one cares much about the back markers that barely make it into the main every weekend you still have to think about them. With Tomac in you're taking away someone else's paycheck by getting into the main. In F1 a GP2 driver can bump up mid season but he's got to drive a car thats already registered in the F1 series. It would be like adding a 25th car on the GP grid if it were the same as supercross.

If a 450 rider gets injured I wouldn't have any problem with a 250 rider filling in for him. Simply adding someone else into the mix mid season just for the hell of it just doesn't seem right at the pro level.
F1 is a homogenized product created for mainly sponsors to make money,Supercross is getting there but not yet.
Having Eli in the 450's will be a show,Supercross is a show and he will put butts in seats. He may "take" points away from championship contenders but so might James Stewart,James is pretty much out of the points yet he might still win if he can finish a main event.
I like the way Eli rides,full on flat out nails it all the time and has great style on corners or jumps. Much like his dad did on Mt bikes.

Last year most everybody fast got hurt and the show wasnt as good as it could be,variety is good.

If Eli smooths out he could dominate.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #1451
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
I see Flug's point. If someone not previously in the series nails one of the top riders in the start (and takes that distinction from Reed ) it will be a damn shame. A damn shame, but I am all for anyone who has the ability to race....to race. The 250's are not an amateur or entry level series anymore. Team Green has pumped bazillions into that class and I saw plenty of guys who really had no business in the 450s trying to qualify.
Hell, I'd like to see Pastrana or some other crazy show up once in a while.

The way it has been this year, whoever can get a good start can win it. Top five start or you fight for the last podium place.
The rules say,if you can qualify you can race,I dont see the sense in debating it really. So I agree.
Should be more great races this weekend.
Pastrana says his shoulder pops out just driving his rally car,not much racing for him till its fixed.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #1452
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Next someone will suggest the president of sx take points from the top 10 and redistribute them to make racing fair.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #1453
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Next someone will suggest the president of sx take points from the top 10 and redistribute them to make racing fair.
Or we can just watch Arena Cross, they have something like that going on, I don't know that anyone has it figured out yet. Race half a season, then start over, or start on the second row, or draw a card to assign someone else's gate pick.

I kind of like watching Arena Cross but they sure have a bunch of stupid stuff going on.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #1454
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
obviously not but it still defies logic to have paralell but separate series and then when one takes a break all of a sudden the guys who were in series A are competing with guys from series B when the guys from series B have no mathematical chance of winning series A. you are dilluting your own product.

it's like this, not exactly but the outcome is the same. it's like taking a team from the NFL who didn't make the play off's, let them play a game in the play off's but they don't advance if they win, and if you lose to that team, you're out. does that make sense?
Call the Supercross promoters up and explain your rule changes,what they want is good races.
Rather V wins,or M wins,or who ever gets the championship is irrelevant except to the winner,the promoters just want a good show.

Villipoto is fast,right? He can beat a 250 rider ? If he cant then which class is the fast class? Tomac was turning faster times on his 250 then all the 450 guys at some points. The crowd will love it.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #1455
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,889
Who's going to win Atlanta?

My picks

1. Stewart
2. Dungey
3. Villipoto
4. Millsaps
5. Reed
6. Carnard
7. Barica

Not the order I'm rooting for, but my guys just aren't making it happen this year.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote