Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
Bill 310 OP
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 3,020
Registering for Port Mann Bridge

The link is up

https://www.treo.ca/the-bridge

There is a $30.00 toll credit for early registration of your vehicles with the decals.

Each vehicle you register gets the credit which is good until the spring and get lower toll rates for first year

details on website

20 free trips?

Register your vehicle online by November 30 and we'll give you a $30 credit. For car drivers, that's 20 free trips*
*20 free trips is based on small-size vehicle (cars, pick-up trucks, SUVs) toll rate. Promotion is open to all vehicle sizes except Large.

When you register before February 28, 2013, you'll enjoy the current discounted toll rates until the end of 2013.
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Commuter Boy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,780
Awesome, a kiss before they rape us

The credit applied to a bike should work out to 30 free trips.
Commuter Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
bccom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Have a call in to find out why the car toll went down to $1.50 from $3.00 while the motorcycle toll only went down from $1.50 to $1.00 . Also want clarification on the 25% discount on the HOV Lanes. Will post up once I receive answers.
bccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
Commuter Boy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,780
HOV 25% discount is for carpool groups of two or more people registered in advance, discount only available during peak hours.
Commuter Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
bccom
Gnarly Adventurer

Dear Minister Polak,

First let me welcome you as the new Transportation Minister, I look forward to meeting with you on several issues that Blair Lekstrom and staff has been working on over the past year.

I am writing today to point out what I am sure is just an oversight regarding the Tolls on the Port Mann Bridge. Thursday I called the Transportation Investment Corporation to get verification on the 25% off for HOV Lane users. I was told at that time that it did not apply to motorcycles “because we would not be able to tell if there were one or two people on the bike”. Motorcyclists have been allowed in the HOV Lanes since their inception and whether there were one or two people on the motorcycle is not part of the Motor Vehicle Act (see below). The Coalition worked vigorously in the 90’s to get the access and feel confident that TIC is just uninformed on this section of the MVA?
I look forward to this matter being clarified as soon as possible as to avoid confusion and once again I congratulate you on your new portfolio.

Sincerely,

Adele Tompkins
Executive Director
B.C. Coalition of Motorcyclists
adele@bccom-bc.com
1 877 580 0111

Serving the Motorcyclists of British Columbia since 1985

"high occupancy vehicle lane" means a lane of a laned roadway in respect of which prescribed signs or markings indicate that the lane is reserved for the exclusive use of buses, motor vehicles that meet prescribed occupancy requirements and other prescribed motor vehicles and devices;

Rules for use of high occupancy lanes — Trans-Canada Highway

42.03 (1) A person must not stop or park a vehicle in a high occupancy vehicle lane on a freeway except
(a) to comply with a traffic control device,
(b) to comply with the instructions given by an officer, or
(c) the driver of the following vehicles while attending to a disabled vehicle or an emergency:
(i) an emergency vehicle;
(ii) a marked vehicle.
(2) A driver of a vehicle that is not a high occupancy vehicle must not use a high occupancy vehicle lane on a freeway.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to
(a) the driver of a marked vehicle responding to a disabled vehicle or another emergency on the freeway,
(b) the driver of an emergency vehicle,
(c) a peace officer on active duty,
(d) an operator of a motor cycle, taxi or handy dart vehicle, or
(e) the driver of a blood delivery vehicle while transporting blood or blood products.
[en. B.C. Reg. 314/98, s. 2; am. B.C. Regs. 257/2000, s. 3; 198/2010, Sch. s. 2.]

Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
bccom
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccom View Post
Dear Minister Polak,

First let me welcome you as the new Transportation Minister, I look forward to meeting with you on several issues that Blair Lekstrom and staff has been working on over the past year.

I am writing today to point out what I am sure is just an oversight regarding the Tolls on the Port Mann Bridge. Thursday I called the Transportation Investment Corporation to get verification on the 25% off for HOV Lane users. I was told at that time that it did not apply to motorcycles “because we would not be able to tell if there were one or two people on the bike”. Motorcyclists have been allowed in the HOV Lanes since their inception and whether there were one or two people on the motorcycle is not part of the Motor Vehicle Act (see below). The Coalition worked vigorously in the 90’s to get the access and feel confident that TIC is just uninformed on this section of the MVA?
I look forward to this matter being clarified as soon as possible as to avoid confusion and once again I congratulate you on your new portfolio.

Sincerely,

Adele Tompkins
Executive Director
B.C. Coalition of Motorcyclists
adele@bccom-bc.com
1 877 580 0111

Serving the Motorcyclists of British Columbia since 1985

"high occupancy vehicle lane" means a lane of a laned roadway in respect of which prescribed signs or markings indicate that the lane is reserved for the exclusive use of buses, motor vehicles that meet prescribed occupancy requirements and other prescribed motor vehicles and devices;

Rules for use of high occupancy lanes — Trans-Canada Highway

42.03 (1) A person must not stop or park a vehicle in a high occupancy vehicle lane on a freeway except
(a) to comply with a traffic control device,
(b) to comply with the instructions given by an officer, or
(c) the driver of the following vehicles while attending to a disabled vehicle or an emergency:
(i) an emergency vehicle;
(ii) a marked vehicle.
(2) A driver of a vehicle that is not a high occupancy vehicle must not use a high occupancy vehicle lane on a freeway.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to
(a) the driver of a marked vehicle responding to a disabled vehicle or another emergency on the freeway,
(b) the driver of an emergency vehicle,
(c) a peace officer on active duty,
(d) an operator of a motor cycle, taxi or handy dart vehicle, or
(e) the driver of a blood delivery vehicle while transporting blood or blood products.
[en. B.C. Reg. 314/98, s. 2; am. B.C. Regs. 257/2000, s. 3; 198/2010, Sch. s. 2.]

Reply from Minister Polak, thoughts, feeelings?

212882 - Port Mann Bridge Tolls

Dear Adele:

Thank you for your e-mail of September 17, 2012, requesting clarification on whether motorcycles will be eligible for the toll discount of 25 per cent for high occupancy vehicles (HOV) on the new Port Mann Bridge. I appreciate you offering your congratulations on my new appointment. I look forward to serving British Columbia in this challenging new role.

I am pleased to have this opportunity to clarify this issue for you and the B.C. Coalition of Motorcyclists. While motorcycles will be able to use the HOV lanes on the new bridge, they will not be eligible for the 25 per cent HOV discount as they are not considered high occupancy vehicles. Motorcycles, regardless of the number of persons on the vehicle, are allowed to use provincially operated HOV lanes, the rationale being that it is safer to keep motorcycles moving than travelling in start and stop traffic conditions in general purpose lanes, where they are exposed to potential rear-end collisions.

You may be pleased to know that motorcycles already pay a discounted toll rate. The toll for a motorcycle is $1.50 as opposed to the $3.00 rate for cars, with a limited-time introductory rate of $1.00 compared to the $1.50 for cars.

I encourage you to continue working with Transportation Investment Corporation staff if you have further questions about this issue.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Sincerely,

Mary Polak
Minister
Old 11-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
Moving Pictures
Sir Loin of Biff

Oddometer: 8,566
Thank fucking God I left B.C. That's all I can say. I don't know how the hell I afforded to live there.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
Mercenary
Mindless Savage

Oddometer: 964
Got a great job. Afford to live here just fine....

I'm sure the 6 bucks I pay in tolls per yer won't break me either
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #9
schessor
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Uninsured in storage

FYI for those who don't insure one of their vehicles over the winter:

"Dear Stephen,
Thank you for contacting TReO, the easy, electronic and efficient tolling system on the new Port Mann Bridge.
With reference to your email received on January 28, 2013 please be advised unfortunately in order to register with TReO, the vehicle must have current insurance with ICBC. This is because the decal is registered to the licence plate of the vehicle. However as long as you have an account created, when you add the registered vehicle the vehicle will still qualify for the extended introductory toll rates.
If you have any further questions, please contact us using the options below.
Sincerely,
TReO Customer Service

Message: Hello, I only insure my motorcycle for six months every year.
I received an error when I tried to add my currently uninsured motorcycle to my account.
It appears I have to wait until it is insured to do so; is there no way to register a previously insured vehicle?
Will there be a problem in subsequent years?
Thank-you, Stephen"
schessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Pictures View Post
Thank fucking God I left B.C. That's all I can say. I don't know how the hell I afforded to live there.
We do just fine, depends on your needs I guess.

Have you seen the bridge yet?They have cameras if you want to look at the much improved traffic flow. Altough I drove it last week, didn't see anything really was raining too much. The old one was effing scary in that kind of weather and I am hard to rattle on the road. Well worth the improvement and good that someone pays for it. Not getting stuck in the usual jams will probably make up for the fees in fuel costs alone.

Ah....the PITA of stopping, removing gloves....finding a $1.50....gloves back on....

Some of us inlanders are getting mighty tired of all the money spent over there on road works and nothing here but patching.Yes our roads are dangerous to motorcyclists and that's the sad part. Lots of us would gladly pay a bridge fee instead of "paying for" the new inland ferry they announced recently. It has been proposed the bridges, they won't listen.

We'll survive without much money or complaining too much.