Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #61
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 46,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Can't believe you created all instructions for all the bikes. I received the new Odyssey II panniers last Monday and have to say: the instructions sucked.

The instructions to install the frames were okay, but one note: who the f*ck came up with using ONE single non metric bolt in the whole frigging rack assembly?

The instructions I got from Jesse for the boxes sucked. Not too bad though and it was easy enough to find some of the missing bits and pieces online as they were still available on the xplorermoto.com website with better photos and instructions.

Still can't believe that there are quite a few holes in the boxes and not a single sealing o-ring used under the washers. I guess I'll take them apart at some point again and add some self-cut rubber sealing in the relevant areas. I doubt there will be much of a leak, but I don't want even drops in my stuff when I pay that much for luggage.

For the original complaint: get real and check online before you send stuff back. It's not the hardest thing to do ...
I created the instructions for all the bikes except a couple. It is easy to tell, my e-mail and company information is at the bottom of each page I created.

I know I did not do the KLR, and I missed the Verseys and there were some newer bags and bikes I didn't do.

I would really appreciate some details on which bike and bag set-up, if I did the instructions on them.

Thanks,

Jim

PS I did 11 bikes instructions.
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #62
cug

Oddometer: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychucky View Post
I think the people bashing the guy that got half of what he ordered, you're the same ones that think the loosing team should get a trophy.
Oh, you have really following along, right? Half of what he ordered - my ass. He got exactly what he ordered with one note missing from the documentation that the o-ring isn't needed.

Why would someone call this "getting half of what he ordered"?
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #63
cug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
I would really appreciate some details on which bike and bag set-up, if I did the instructions on them.
Tiger 800, Odyssey II panniers, docs for the setting up the bags, not the racks.

Please note that the instructions from xplorermoto.com for setting up the bags are much more comprehensive than what I was sent from Jesse Luggage.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #64
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Tiger 800, Odyssey II panniers, docs for the setting up the bags, not the racks.

Please note that the instructions from xplorermoto.com for setting up the bags are much more comprehensive than what I was sent from Jesse Luggage.
Yeah, I didn't do those.

I offered though.

Jim

PS Yes I got paid, but it was so little I earned about $2 an hour.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #65
cug

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't do those.
And they are fairly "lacking" for lack of a better word without being impolite.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #66
MikeinSA

Oddometer: 3,594
Quote:
The instructions sucked?

Not upset, but please let me know how, as I created the instructions.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim,
You're instructions are excellent. The problem (at least for the panniers I bought a few months ago) is that they're shipping the bags with the old instructions. I had to download your instructions from their website. Not a big deal, but I can see how the OP might not have known about the new Internet version and became frustrated with the old ones shipped with the bags.
MikeinSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #67
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito View Post
Well, I think I am over it, but you may have missed my point that if you pay $1650 for a set of luggage, you should receive accurate instructions as to how to use/install the product. Besides that, I didn't have time to run around trying to figure out how their product is supposed to go together. Hell if Jesse had offered to let me ship the product back at their shipping costs I could have lived with that.
if spending 1650 for luggage for a big trip is such a big deal to you, you shouldn't wait to the last minute to order and install stuff. you sound like a whiney puss,
Disco Stu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #68
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinSA View Post
Jim,
You're instructions are excellent. The problem (at least for the panniers I bought a few months ago) is that they're shipping the bags with the old instructions. I had to download your instructions from their website. Not a big deal, but I can see how the OP might not have known about the new Internet version and became frustrated with the old ones shipped with the bags.
I agree. They should immediately refer the new/prospective buyer to the best instructions available. (Not that mine are perfect.)

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure my name wasn't on bad work.

Jim
Old 09-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #69
Simplyred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Quote:
Oh, you have really following along, right? Half of what he ordered - my ass. He got exactly what he ordered with one note missing from the documentation that the o-ring isn't needed.

Why would someone call this "getting half of what he ordered"?

In a blatant attempt to blow this up outside of any logical proportion I guess. Maybe it is time for him to hit the road and get going since there seems nothing else to do then whine over a missing o-ring or a bit incomplete documentation and get the feeling what this gear really is all about.
Simplyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #70
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 7,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by perterra View Post

Jeebus, the inmates in this place never cease to amaze me.
Maybe you should PM them and let them know it's upsetting you.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #71
perterra
-. --- .--. .

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Maybe you should PM them and let them know it's upsetting you.
I have, they said it upset them too.

IBA 22425
perterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #72
Simplyred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Quote:
I have, they said it upset them too.

Simplyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #73
Tucson Jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
My buddy has a GS and went to the factory in Phoenix, talked to Jesse himself and bought the bags on site.

Brought them home and asked me over to help him, he was stuck. Now we're not the brightest bulbs in the string but we just couldn't figure out how to mount the right hand side bag. After a lot of head scratching, a few drinks, we finally saw that they had given him two left side bags.

They made it right and they are very nice, built like a bank vault, just don't expect everything to be perfect all the time. One would think that as long as they have been in the game they wouldn't screw up, but they do.

The only decision you have to make is what to do with the time you have been given

'07 Vulcan 1500 FI
Tucson Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #74
LE Trainer
Bad Buddhist

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Missing O ring, I would have called off the trip. No way you can do it with an O ring missing.

Unless you're piloting the space shuttle....
Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #75
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 7,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by LE Trainer View Post
Unless you're piloting the space shuttle....

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote