Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
Adventureridersinter OP
Lorne Banks

Oddometer: 24
Adventure Riders International Schools/Tours

ABOUT US
We are full time professional instructors and have extensive experience in training Military Special Forces units on motorcycles, as well as other types of vehicles. **

Over the years, we have recognized a need for our training services in the public sector, and today we are able to offer the public, the same indepth and specialized training that we offer to elite government agencies, worldwide.

LORNE BANKS

Lorne is a freelance, professional driver/rider, facilitator, and project manager for several manufacturers & Fortune 500 companies, in addition to training Military, Federal Law Enforement and other government agencies, in how to execute specialized maneuvers and tactics, (motorcycle, automobile & specialized military vehicles) at several military training facilities and bases in the US, Canada and abroad.* *He also*provides professional riding/racing teaching & coaching services, in the following genres:**off-road, enduro, motocross, flat-track, road racing & street riding.

Since 1977, Lorne been racing motorcycles - from motocross, ice racing, flat track to road racing. *In 1988, he won two Canadian National Championships in road racing and then relocated to the US to persue a career in racing and instructing. *Over the years, he has earned & held the following credentials:* Craftsman Truck License, AMA Pro Superbike License, CMA Pro Motocross License, USAC Sprint Car License & AMA Pro Motocross License as well as being a Factory Certified BMW motorcycle instructor who has taught at the BMW training center in South Carolina.

Lorne has also written & published freelance articles in relation to motorcycle tuning in the US.

IAN CARPENTER

Ian is an advanced driving insturctor & security driving instructor for US Military and US Federal Law Enforcment Personnel worldwide. *He also provides private lessons in sports car racing, Motorcycle of-road/trail riding techniques and ATV operations.

Since 1984, Ian has competed in various types of sports car racing events where he won races at Virginia International Raceway, Watkins Glen International Raceway, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Circuit, Summit Point Raceway, Limerock and Sebring International Raceway. *In 2004, Ian won the East Coast Championship Honda Challenge H-4 with 10 Poll positions and 10 First place finishes.

Ian has been riding motorcycles for over 45 years.

check us out at www.adventureridersinternational.com
Adventureridersinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
Adventureridersinter OP
Lorne Banks

Adventure Riders International School November 3-4

Adventure Riders International will be conducting a Women only school on Nov 3 and a Intermidate school open to all on Nov 4th in Stetson, Maine.

The course will be taught by Lorne Bsanks a factory certified BMW motorcycle instructor as well as extensive instruction provided to US military in both cars, motorcycles, hummvv's.

The price of the schools are:

$195.00 for the five hour Women only school

$295.00 for the all day intermidate school.

If you would like to register or learn more about Adventure Riders International go to there web site:

www.adventureridersinternational.com
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
PhoenixGirl63
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Awesome!

This looks really cool. I would love to participate if you ever offer classes in the Chicago area!
PhoenixGirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Adventureridersinter OP
Lorne Banks

I use to live in Indy

I use to live in Indianapolis and taught for Skip Barber Racing Shools at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI.
our plan is to take the school on the road next summer so I will keep you posted as we get to the go old Windy City.

If you have not checked out the web site please do:

www.adventureridersinternational.com

Thank you for your interest.

Lorne Banks
Lead Instructor
Adventure Riders International
BMW factory certified instructor
Old 10-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
PhoenixGirl63
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Thanks, Lorne!
PhoenixGirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
mathews42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Nm

Looks like You'll be in New Mexico soon. I'd be interesting in building more confidence with my big GSA. Do the classes cater to this bike or will it be more of a enduro type of course.

Jeff
Beads in the headlight a Flying Aga Tale by Isabel Dyson I met these two travelers on their Journey from the UK to Alaska and through South America on a 1979 BMW R100RS. Their book is now on Amazon for Kindle.
mathews42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
dschilberg
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Hey Jeff. I just recently returned from my first time with these fine folks except I visited the northern NM school (about 2 hrs north of you). See my short Ride Report which has a link to some pics and videos. You'll see that my Instructor was riding his 1100GS for one of those trips (and a Honda XR100R and a Suzuki DR-Z400 the other times since those were the bikes that I was riding so it made for great Instruction). I believe the tours and rides can be tailored to dirt-only or DS sections but definitely give them a shout. I'm looking to head back to NM soon so if you are interested then let them know and maybe I can meet you for one of their classes.

--Darren
dschilberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,894
Any plan for the Northeast in the Spring?

Love to take one of these classes so I stop embarrassing myself
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:44 AM   #9
Adventureridersinter OP
Lorne Banks

Adventure Riders International Spring 2013

If you send me your contact info I will keep you posted on our dates in the spring of 2013.

Thanks for your interest.

Lorne Banks
Lead Instructor
Old 11-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #10
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventureridersinter View Post
If you send me your contact info I will keep you posted on our dates in the spring of 2013.

Thanks for your interest.

Lorne Banks
Lead Instructor
PM inbound
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote