Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #166
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,219
It will be totally pre-assembled and ready to go. I have a "new to me" 4 channel scope coming today. It's an 80s vintage but hopefully it's still good.

We share the same obsession Mikko. I posted a video showing my process for SMD assembly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn View Post
I'd definitely like to be in the first 200.
If we need to do own assembly, I can do surface mount down to 0402 and anything from there up.
I also have debugging and testing capabilities with 4-channel oscilloscope.

And besides, I'm totally obsessed with high-end electrical work on our bikes! :-)

Mikko
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #167
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Pissed

Burning 32A through it. No flames
Old 03-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #168
tedder
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
What do you think about supporting a few input channels? For instance, I could add a couple of momentary switches, configure them via my smartphone once, then use that to control some actions on the fuseblock?

For instance, turn driving lights/heated vest on/off, or press-to-adjust PWM/amperage setting.

I'm trying to think of some middle ground between "phone must be accessible" and "it's effectively a black box".

Also, why is the android BT4 support a problem? Are you using a bt4-only chipset? That seems strange- I thought most BT4 chipsets were dual-mode. For instance, here's the chip Pebble used. Luckily, on the fuseblock side, the power consumption difference is moot :-)
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #169
pro-bassoonist
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
I think he's already doing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=c8CML_G7d1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedder View Post
What do you think about supporting a few input channels? For instance, I could add a couple of momentary switches, configure them via my smartphone once, then use that to control some actions on the fuseblock?

For instance, turn driving lights/heated vest on/off, or press-to-adjust PWM/amperage setting.

I'm trying to think of some middle ground between "phone must be accessible" and "it's effectively a black box".

Also, why is the android BT4 support a problem? Are you using a bt4-only chipset? That seems strange- I thought most BT4 chipsets were dual-mode. For instance, here's the chip Pebble used. Luckily, on the fuseblock side, the power consumption difference is moot :-)
pro-bassoonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #170
tedder
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
well, doing part of what I asked:
Quote:
but thanks- I don't generally watch vids, I reread the thread to see if I was missing anything.
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #171
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

There are 4 to 8 signal inputs based on how you configure it. All the things you suggested should be doable with hard buttons as I've shown in previous videos.

The radio module I am using is not dual mode. It is BT4 only. That was a calculated decision, it was cheap and easy to work with and raised the likelihood of success. I bet that Android would catch up. So far it has not. I may right some Samsung/Nexus 7 and Motorola specific software for it but I am not promising that yet. I'd really like to see Android just work with BT4 out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedder View Post

Also, why is the android BT4 support a problem? Are you using a bt4-only chipset? That seems strange- I thought most chipsets were dual-mode.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #172
Badger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
I'm interested in acquiring one as well. Awesome setup !!

Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #173
Captain Excellent
+ll+

Oddometer: 122
I just picked up a Rowe PDM60, which is at best a pale comparison to the device you're showcasing here. It was about a week after that I fell upon this thread. Oh we'll, what would life be if we didn't have room for improvement?
One motorcycle feature which Rowe have recently abandoned was a 2 pin SAE battery charger input connector. To me this sounded like a good idea since any of these units will connect to the battery terminals directly anyway. I understand you're through with development. One has to draw the line somewhere. Any opportunity to consider that as a feature though?
I'm not as "hands-on" technical as many of those who've responded here, but I do love my gadgets, and would love to contribute in a first release feedback group if you've got room left.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:41 AM   #174
cvorwald
n00b

Oddometer: 5
totally trick

I have been following this thread for awhile now, and I can tell you I am totally stoked on this revolutionary work!! Finally, someone that pushes the boundaries instead of just putting a different color on something and calling it NEW. I would love to implement one of the first units!
cvorwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #175
Jim03R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Very cool

since this was my first winter with heated gear,and a pain in the arse too plug in, i would like to see a place where i could easily plug my gear in and then control the heat by bluetooth. Count me in on tester/buyer. After looking at several others i almost pulled the trigger on one until I seen yours. Keep up the good work.
Jim03R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #176
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Been busy with life the last few weeks. Expect More news in a few weeks.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #177
JayhawkGSA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Wow! I just put in PDM60 and when you guys get this out there it is coming out.
JayhawkGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #178
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
Been busy with life the last few weeks. Expect More news in a few weeks.
Two weeks (isn't that a few weeks?), so any updates?
Old 04-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #179
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosso View Post
Two weeks (isn't that a few weeks?), so any updates?
I am in the Netherlands at the moment, hence the silence. I'll be getting back to the lab very soon though. In happier news, I was able to stop by hot rod welding in Amsterdam yesterday and secure new rack and fuel tank for my BMW xCounty. Excited!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #180
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

I took the gizmo to a local technology show and tell yesterday evening. It was a hit! The people there were able to grok the product potential right away. Lonestrom is busy working on the final budgets for building these things and we are planing the Kickstarter now. Hopefully we will be up late this month.