Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #616
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,173
100 amperes is a ton of current. I think it is more than enough for typical installations. If you need more, you can use the Motobrain to switch a relay and then you have near endless capacity. I will support multiple Motobrains in the software so if you need 16 individual circuits two units are an option. I am currently talking to an RV OEM who is interested in including these in their products. I am definitely thinking about RVs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippledippledoo View Post
I just stumbled across this thread and am extremely impressed with what you've done. May I suggest that, in time, you might want to offer a similar device with greater number of outputs and current capacity for the motorhome crowd? Something like this may prove to be extremely popular with those folks as power distribution is quite a PITA done the traditional way. Fantastic work, keep it up!
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #617
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

New boards should arrive very soon (still waiting on tracking info but they were scheduled to be complete on the 20th) and parts for a dozen new boards should arrive this week as well. I will be building these up, testing them out and shipping to a couple of prospective vendors for evaluation. I also expect new epoxy potting compounds to be coming swiftly as well. I'm excited to get these out the door.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #618
FlyingFinn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,028
It's really good to see that you keep plugging away with the project. Even after the initial Kickstarter round ran out of steam!
I really like what you've created and wish you good luck going forward.
Wouldn't be surprised if this becomes quite the success story after you get in touch with all the right customer groups and distribution channels.

Mikko
Old 12-31-2013, 05:48 AM   #619
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn View Post
It's really good to see that you keep plugging away with the project. Even after the initial Kickstarter round ran out of steam!
I really like what you've created and wish you good luck going forward.
Wouldn't be surprised if this becomes quite the success story after you get in touch with all the right customer groups and distribution channels.

Mikko
I was not concerned about the kickstarter outcome. It proved that people who had been exposed to the product want one (25 units from advers went in an hour) and showed that there are common incorrect conclusions people will draw when they don't have enough info. I never wanted to be a retailer anyway. I just wanted some field testers. Building 200 units with Kickstarter funding would have been great because I'd burn less cash and get more feedback, but even if I have to build these 12 at a time until I've got orders I'm ok with that. The parts alone by the dozen units cost me $3000 though so the incentive to scale the costs away is ever present. I'll get there I think. The product is cool.

THe weather has been great in the Bay Area, no? I'm in Palo Alto today and it is hard not to feel bad for all those people I the great white north.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #620
FlyingFinn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,028
In Palo Alto, huh? I hope it's not just a vacation trip...
Many very cool companies in the area, I work with few of them.
Would be great if you were to relocate here.

Anyhow, best of luck with the project, and with your new baby, for the 2014!

Mikko
Old 12-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #621
Texcollect
Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer: 194
I for one am waiting patiently as for this as, in my opinion, there is nothing like this on the market.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
Old 12-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #622
jpr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Subscribing to this thread. Did not read everything but it does sound like an amazing product.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:02 AM   #623
pro-bassoonist
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcollect View Post
I for one am waiting patiently as for this as, in my opinion, there is nothing like this on the market.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
I totally agree with this. I've got a bike in the garage waiting for several additions I've already bought because I don't want to buy an inferior fuse box and relays and all that just to do it right later. Now that I've seen this I can't imagine using anything else.
pro-bassoonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #624
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
I totally agree with this. I've got a bike in the garage waiting for several additions I've already bought because I don't want to buy an inferior fuse box and relays and all that just to do it right later. Now that I've seen this I can't imagine using anything else.

I got two shipments of parts for a dozen prototypes yesterday. I also received the tracking number for the new circuit boards. The circuit boards are coming from Hong Kong so they will take a week or two to arrive depending on if they are flagged for inspection at the port of entry.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #625
Dead Stiff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Agreed, I want(need) one for my car and bike.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Dead Stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #626
hizzo3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Same here... When can we get one? I wouldn't mind taking an engineering sample ;) lol

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.
hizzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #627
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

I just got 100 pairs of boards in and the producer messed them up exactly how I knew they would mess it up even though I told exactly how to not mess it up! Any one think I'm going to get my $1100 back on this deal? How about the last month I've been waiting for them, can I get that back?
Old 01-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #628
hizzo3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Is it something fixable, or major?

hizzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #629
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzo3 View Post
Is it something fixable, or major?

The boards need to be remade.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:05 PM   #630
Steigs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
I just got 100 pairs of boards in and the producer messed them up exactly how I knew they would mess it up even though I told exactly how to not mess it up! Any one think I'm going to get my $1100 back on this deal? How about the last month I've been waiting for them, can I get that back?
I'd be sending them straight back to the manufacturer with some notes, drawings and a few phone calls.
Steigs is offline   Reply With Quote