Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #211
alison's wanderland OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsmanjoc View Post
Hey Allison!
Great ride report and trip! Super jealous but hoping to join the ranks soon.
This is Jason in Colorado. Planning a similar trip, but with a return leg. As life goes I didn't get out of here in early summer as I hoped. Looks like I will be leaving this coming fall, probably november as well. Though I've read otherwise it seems that the timing with weather on the Pacific side didn't seem much of a deterent for your trip.
Any take on that? Any particular leg that may have been different in another season.
Thanks for your great story.
JC
Wish I would have allotted for time and money for a return leg of the trip. I had terrific weather throughout. Just as we are getting indian summers in N. America, I caught a little bit of that in Patagonia. The most rain I encountered was in Peru and Bolivia in Feb.

Have a terrific trip and good luck!

2003 KLR685 – gone with the summer winds of Patagonia : 2012-13 -> L.A. to Ushuaia
adventures in : alison's wanderland
alison's wanderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #212
alison's wanderland OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
As Joel so kindly pointed out, there has been a huge learning curve with my KLR. So here is a little tribute to the bike I once had and how many places it has taken me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV2Zt-uhbPU

I couldn’t let it go without paying honor to a motorcycle I have shared so many years with, even if it is just a KLR. That’s saying something since I have never done this for any ex-boyfriend. I wanted to show and explain a little bit of the process and development over the last 3 years – 8 months and 46,579 miles as both Oscar and I progressed.

Specs:
Purchased: in July 2009 for $2,100 in Lancaster, CA, USA with 8,895 miles
Sold: in March 2013 for $1,800 in Puntas Arenas, Chile with 55,474 miles

Countries visited:
US (States: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Nevada), Canada (Providences: British Colombia, Yukon, Alberta), Baja California, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina

I was going to touch upon the pros and cons of owning a KLR, but a list of modifications over the years and an evaluation of whether they were worth it or not might be of more interest:*KLR-Modifications & COST

And a BIG THANKs to the many hands who have helped me along the way!!

Oscar Oscar
- - -

THE END????

2003 KLR685 – gone with the summer winds of Patagonia : 2012-13 -> L.A. to Ushuaia
adventures in : alison's wanderland
alison's wanderland is offline   Reply With Quote