Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #16
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,404
Its plug and play. Accelerator Module, Booster Plug and Inmate High Tech Coon Ass provide them. Look in stickies for details.

Booster Plug has a good explanation on how the BMW fueling system works and what the resisters do. Educational if nothing else.

itsatdm screwed with this post 09-24-2012 at 09:27 AM
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #17
Bayner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemain View Post
Have you run the Scorpion Rally on an F 800?

I like the 80s alot but I know the would suck in any kind of sand we might hit
Yes and I prefer it over the TKC. Doesn't handle as well on the road (should be obvious) but it's not obnoxious, and lasts about the same mileage. Definitely has better off pavement traction. Haven't heard anyone complain about one yet and a few guys have tried them. You can pick one up on sale every now and again for about $60, which is also hard to beat...

For me the GS is a handfull in the sand regardless of which tire is under it so I can't say how it compares there.
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #18
toowheels
on a mission...

Oddometer: 935
I'll second the Scorpion Rally up front.

It's definitely better off-road.

-Tracks better, particularly over bumps/rocks
-Much stiffer casing so you can run lower pressure and not worry about the rims as much. The interesting thing is the side walls are much stiffer than a (TKC not hard to do) but the centre of the tire is soft. I think that helps the tracking too.
-Much better braking off-road and in the soft/loose stuff
-I think it does work better in the sand. Not a lot of sand here but I still think it worked better and with lower pressure it would work even better.
-Doesn't give up much on the road but it is louder of course. I didn't get any scares from it including high speed cornering. I didn't really get to try it on wet pavement much.
-Wear seems good. I took mine off after a couple of months/trips (has about 3500kms on it) to save it for Death Valley/ Baja type trips. It has lots of life left. Take it easy on the front brake with it to minimize the cupping.

I mostly ride a TKC up front and it's good but I wish it had a stiffer casing and was a little more open.

I'll also second HTCA's power controller.

Dave

www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #19
onthemain OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Good info

Good info ! Thanks for all the input
onthemain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #20
crossplane
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemain View Post
have you run the Scorpion Rally on an F 800?

I like the 80s alot but I know the would suck in any kind of sand we might hit
I run the Pirelli Scorpion Rally on my 800GS and just came back from a weekend away of beach and sand trail riding. I have nothing but excellent things to report, it's been a fantastic front tyre for me in that sort of terrain, in rocky terrain when riding out in southwestern queensland and also it's wearing pretty nice.

Grip on the road is pretty surprising as well, it certainly has more than enough for punting around at reasonable speeds, though it weaves around a bit when at high speed.

+1 for the scorpion rally.
crossplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #21
onthemain OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossplane View Post
I run the Pirelli Scorpion Rally on my 800GS and just came back from a weekend away of beach and sand trail riding. I have nothing but excellent things to report, it's been a fantastic front tyre for me in that sort of terrain, in rocky terrain when riding out in southwestern queensland and also it's wearing pretty nice.

Grip on the road is pretty surprising as well, it certainly has more than enough for punting around at reasonable speeds, though it weaves around a bit when at high speed.

+1 for the scorpion rally.
Nice!
onthemain is offline   Reply With Quote