Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #196
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by da28 View Post
it will be louder, how much, I don't know.
I don't have this set up or have never heard this either
sorry
I have heard a multi with a mid-pipe (not sure of brand) and the stock pipes and it is extremely loud. It seems to me that the cat box on the bike is doing a lot of muffling, as the stock pipes sure aren't.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #197
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
I have heard a multi with a mid-pipe (not sure of brand) and the stock pipes and it is extremely loud. It seems to me that the cat box on the bike is doing a lot of muffling, as the stock pipes sure aren't.
Spot on.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #198
DropinParts
Ducatista

Oddometer: 92
14t Front Sprocket

I'm loving this bike, except I have to feather the clutch half the time from a standing stop. On a couple of the Ducati forums I have read several other posts from riders having the same issue. The bike is geared really high.

The problem has been finding a one tooth smaller front sprocket due to the pitch. The pitch of the OEM sprocket is 530. All that has been offered for those desperate enough to make the gearing lower, was to change both front and rear sprockets and the chain to a 525 pitch, which was in the $350 range.

I just found out that California Cycle works has the 14t 530 pitch front sprocket for $36.75 and I just placed an order for one. I'll post my comments on the difference once I have a chance to try it out.

That said, I'm not concerned about getting less mpg's due to the lower gearing, just better performance. I'm sure I'll get better front tire wear as it won't be in contact with the road surface nearly as much.

If you're interested, Here's the link to the sprocket on their site.
http://ca-cycleworks.com/products/fi...rockets/52900d

Mo fun for sure!

DropinParts screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 05:05 PM
DropinParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #199
DropinParts
Ducatista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropinParts View Post
Ok... I've got my dream bike and I want to turn up the volume just a bit.
Any suggestions on an aftermarket slip-on that's not real loud?
Not looking for performance... Just some bass.
Otay...
After a few hundred miles I've changed my mind. I really appreciate the sound of the stock exhaust.

So, now what really cool farkle do I buy...
Old 06-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #200
rgmax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropinParts View Post
I'm loving this bike, except I have to feather the clutch half the time from a standing stop. On a couple of the Ducati forums I have read several other posts from riders having the same issue. The bike is geared really high.

The problem has been finding a one tooth smaller front sprocket due to the pitch. The pitch of the OEM sprocket is 530. All that has been offered for those desperate enough to make the gearing lower, was to change both front and rear sprockets and the chain to a 525 pitch, which was in the $350 range.

I just found out that California Cycle works has the 14t 530 pitch front sprocket for $36.75 and I just placed an order for one. I'll post my comments on the difference once I have a chance to try it out.

That said, I'm not concerned about getting less mpg's due to the lower gearing, just better performance. I'm sure I'll get better front tire wear as it won't be in contact with the road surface nearly as much.

If you're interested, Here's the link to the sprocket on their site.
http://ca-cycleworks.com/products/fi...rockets/52900d

Mo fun for sure!
I installed that sprocket and it helped quite a lot. I made the change with only 300 miles on the bike.

It's a little tricky to get the stock sprocket out as there is not a lot of space to slip it past the chain, a second set of hands helps.

I have not noticed any reduction in mileage/range. But then again I only ran the stock gearing for a short time.
rgmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #201
DropinParts
Ducatista

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmax View Post
I installed that sprocket and it helped quite a lot. I made the change with only 300 miles on the bike.

It's a little tricky to get the stock sprocket out as there is not a lot of space to slip it past the chain, a second set of hands helps.

I have not noticed any reduction in mileage/range. But then again I only ran the stock gearing for a short time.
I'm glad to hear that changing the sprocket helped. I'm going in for my 600 mile service in a few days and I'm having the dealer install the sprocket at the same time.

News at eleven...

DropinParts screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 02:13 PM
DropinParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #202
OneTraveller
Social Reject

Oddometer: 123
I'm very interested in this sprocket change. I'm looking at changing over to a set of TKC 80 tires but am concerned about low speed driveability. Currently, my bike idles at 8-10 mph. A lower first gear would really help with dirt riding.

The same vendor also has 40 and 42 teeth rear sprockets for the Multi 1200.
http://ca-cycleworks.com/50900d

So gearing options would include...

Front. Rear. Ratio
15.......40.....2.67--Stock

Mike
To paraphrase Antoine de St-Exupery
I ride because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

OneTraveller screwed with this post 06-23-2013 at 08:45 PM
OneTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #203
DropinParts
Ducatista

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTraveller View Post
I'm very interested in this sprocket change. I'm looking at changing over to a set of TKC 80 tires but am concerned about low speed driveability. Currently, my bike idles at 8-10 mph. A lower first gear would really help with dirt riding.

The same vendor also has 40 and 42 teeth rear sprockets for the Multi 1200.
http://ca-cycleworks.com/50900d

So gearing options would include...

Front. Rear. Ratio
15.......40.....2.67--Stock

Mike
I never go off road, but I am sure hoping for better "standing starts".
I'm sure the lower gearing will lend itself to a bit of Hooliganism as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #204
robxxx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
I posted this question over in the other Multistrada thread, then noticed this thread........so sorry to duplicate.
Any of you guys change your bars? I need to get the width down to 900mm or less.
robxxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #205
Shakey Dave
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Talking

Hi Guys

Brand new to the forum. I'm currently riding an 07 Tiger 1050 that I've had for five years. I thought it would be all the bike I would ever want, or ever need, but then I read this forum, and all the great stuff about the new Multistrada. So I test rode one to see what all the fuss was about. To all those who said 'DONT test ride one because you will have to have one', thanks, you were so right. What a ride! The satin silver of the demo bike didn't do it for me though, the red was very nice but then, the salesman showed me a new Pikes Peak being prepared for it's lucky owner. It was stunning. I put the deposit down and ordered one there and then. It's the only bike I've ever bought brand new. What have I done? Have I really just put a crazy amount of money down just for a bike? I'm just so glad I could afford it because otherwise I would have sold the wife and kids.

Now waiting for my new Pikes Peak to arrive at the dealers
Shakey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #206
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Dave View Post
Hi Guys

Brand new to the forum. I'm currently riding an 07 Tiger 1050 that I've had for five years. I thought it would be all the bike I would ever want, or ever need, but then I read this forum, and all the great stuff about the new Multistrada. So I test rode one to see what all the fuss was about. To all those who said 'DONT test ride one because you will have to have one', thanks, you were so right. What a ride! The satin silver of the demo bike didn't do it for me though, the red was very nice but then, the salesman showed me a new Pikes Peak being prepared for it's lucky owner. It was stunning. I put the deposit down and ordered one there and then. It's the only bike I've ever bought brand new. What have I done? Have I really just put a crazy amount of money down just for a bike? I'm just so glad I could afford it because otherwise I would have sold the wife and kids.

Now waiting for my new Pikes Peak to arrive at the dealers
Congrats and welcome. There are two multistrada threads in the beasts forum and Ducati.MS also has a pretty active Multistrada forum. How long is your wait? Mine took a few weeks, but I just noticed today when I stopped by to pick up my plate that they have one in the showroom now.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #207
Shakey Dave
n00b

Oddometer: 2
New Pikes Peak

Hey thanks EJ

My MTS PP will be in the dealers next week, so it was about four weeks from ordering. AFAIK there are no PPs in stock in the UK so it looks like supply hasn't quite caught up with demand yet.

Sadly I wont be able to collect mine for another three weeks as I'm working offshore in the gulf of Mexico. I have never looked so forward to getting home! Meanwhile it gives me plenty of time to trawl this site for all the useful info you guys have posted.
Shakey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #208
FiveG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
The biggest problem I'm having with my S Touring is that it's tough to find any significant farkles to do. I've put a GPS and camera mount, frame sliders, and a header and radiator guard, but other than that, it's pretty much set up.

"Steve Martin," Godzilla (1985)
FiveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #209
tonymorr
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer: 2,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveG View Post
The biggest problem I'm having with my S Touring is that it's tough to find any significant farkles to do. I've put a GPS and camera mount, frame sliders, and a header and radiator guard, but other than that, it's pretty much set up.
This is definitely a problem with these bikes. At least it's more of a challenge.

May I suggest you compliment your Multi with a WR250R? I have been farkling mine for years and I'm still not done....
tonymorr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #210
deWog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveG View Post
just ride the damn thing..........
deWog is offline   Reply With Quote