ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
nuttynu OP
Studly Adventurer
 
nuttynu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ANCHORAGE,ALASKA
Oddometer: 905
Anchorage to Homer sept 26&27

Hey fellas,doing my last tour ride from ancheage to homer, will be staying at Lands end resort on wedsday night and comin back Anch on thrusday.

If you are around there or would like to join me. Comment or pm me and well get contact info.

Weather says it's suppose to be dry.
Purpose to Homer?.... Have fun !

Depart Anch around noon on weds 26th.
Come back on the 27Th evening
nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Kul Mom
aka sKul Marm
 
Kul Mom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Oddometer: 360
Homer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttynu View Post
Hey fellas,doing my last tour ride from ancheage to homer, will be staying at Lands end resort on wedsday night and comin back Anch on thrusday.

If you are around there or would like to join me. Comment or pm me and well get contact info.

Weather says it's suppose to be dry.
Purpose to Homer?.... Have fun !

Depart Anch around noon on weds 26th.
Come back on the 27Th evening
Good grief, Nutty! I'd LOVE to go to Homer. I've wanted to get there all summer. Unfortunately UAA thinks I should be in the classroom Thursday morning. Any chance you could slide the departure one day to Thursday at noon? If not, then maybe we'll cross paths on the road at some point.

-KM
Kul Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
nuttynu OP
Studly Adventurer
 
nuttynu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ANCHORAGE,ALASKA
Oddometer: 905
My last your ride this season, and sorry I won't be able to change the dates . And yes if we catch up on the road thatll be awesome! I'll be on my white/red Cbr 600rr with saddles bags and luggages. See ya
nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Kul Mom
aka sKul Marm
 
Kul Mom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Oddometer: 360
Looks Like This ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttynu View Post
My last your ride this season, and sorry I won't be able to change the dates . And yes if we catch up on the road thatll be awesome! I'll be on my white/red Cbr 600rr with saddles bags and luggages. See ya



With a few more stickers. And probably both hands on the heated hand grips.

-KM
Kul Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
nuttynu OP
Studly Adventurer
 
nuttynu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ANCHORAGE,ALASKA
Oddometer: 905
Taking off tomorrow around 10 or 11am. Anyone wants to join !!! Haha

Well if ya can't . Any Ideas on what I shall do when I get there in Homer, I been there a few times and just cruise the homer spit , but that's about it. Any major attractions ?
nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
Kul Mom
aka sKul Marm
 
Kul Mom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Oddometer: 360
Attractions

The Pratt Museum. The Salty Dawg.

-KM
Kul Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
nuttynu OP
Studly Adventurer
 
nuttynu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ANCHORAGE,ALASKA
Oddometer: 905
Muesumn yes, salty dawg.. I'm not 21 yet
nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
AKmud
Muddy Gruver
 
AKmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Oddometer: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttynu View Post
Muesumn yes, salty dawg.. I'm not 21 yet
You can still get in the gift shop and pick up a world renown Salty Dawg hoodie!
AKmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
nuttynu OP
Studly Adventurer
 
nuttynu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ANCHORAGE,ALASKA
Oddometer: 905
okay,sso what is so special about the salty dawg? its a saloon right ?
nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
nuttynu OP
Studly Adventurer
 
nuttynu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ANCHORAGE,ALASKA
Oddometer: 905


leaving Anchorage in about 45 mins
nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #11
RedShift42
Some guy
 
RedShift42's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: the End of the Road-- Homer, AK
Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttynu View Post
okay,sso what is so special about the salty dawg? its a saloon right ?
100,000 tourists can't be wrong, right?

Sorry we didn't get to cross paths, nuttynu-- I've gotta check ADV a little more often.


The Salty Dawg
A quaint little garment outlet
with a liquor license

--Seen on a bumper sticker
__________________
We live every day like it's the first or the last one
with nothing to lose and Heaven to gain,
Here's to Alaska
-JD


RedShift42 screwed with this post 09-27-2012 at 11:06 AM
RedShift42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
nuttynu OP
Studly Adventurer
 
nuttynu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ANCHORAGE,ALASKA
Oddometer: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShift42 View Post
100,000 tourists can't be wrong, right?

Sorry we didn't get to cross paths, nuttynu-- I've gotta check ADV a little more often.


The Salty Dawg
A quaint little garment outlet
with a liquor license

--Seen on a bumper sticker
no problem , it was fun. just got back , the spit is so dead, all the shops are closed and a little quit town now.
nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
aufevermike
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: between Sterling and Soldotna Alaska
Oddometer: 134
where was the snow line in the pass? I am going to attempt one last ride into work next Wed. for a week and then ride back home in the dark and hopefully not snow.
__________________
find me here on my SPOT www.findmespot.com/spotadventures/index.php/search/?query=aufevermike&x=0&y=0
2006 BMW Dakar, 1994 BMW K1100LT, 2005 BMW K1200LT
aufevermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #14
RedShift42
Some guy
 
RedShift42's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: the End of the Road-- Homer, AK
Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttynu View Post
no problem , it was fun. just got back , the spit is so dead, all the shops are closed and a little quit town now.
Brrr. I feel cold & wet just thinking about that trip home. I'm turning into a fair-weather rider in my old age!
We had some pretty wicked wind last night; pretty exciting out there @ Land's End? When the clouds broke today all the mountains across the bay had snow.
You musta spent the night wondering what the ride home would be like.
__________________
We live every day like it's the first or the last one
with nothing to lose and Heaven to gain,
Here's to Alaska
-JD

RedShift42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #15
nuttynu OP
Studly Adventurer
 
nuttynu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ANCHORAGE,ALASKA
Oddometer: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufevermike View Post
where was the snow line in the pass? I am going to attempt one last ride into work next Wed. for a week and then ride back home in the dark and hopefully not snow.
All the snow is at the top if the mountains. As long as u have raingear and stay warm. You'll be fine.
I only have a heated vest. So all that was cold was my my fingers
nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014