User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Oddometer: 343
2013 Indianapolis MotoGP Rally (6th Annual) Aug 15-18

Re-Post. I will be holding this ADV rally for the 6th year in a row. My previous thread disappeared. I sent a PM to the mods but I received no response so I am reposting. Please let me know if the previous thread was removed for a reason.

I will be hosting the 6th annual Indianapolis MotoGP ADV campout and bonfire again this year. Last year we had a great turnout and I hope to see some of the same faces again this year. We have a few people who have made every rally.

When:
The race this year is August 18th (Sunday). I will allow free camping on my property (I have several acres, I can accommodate as many as wish to attend) for the week before and after the race.

Where:
6240 W. Ralston Rd
Indianapolis IN, 46221

Food/Cooking: I will be leaving a grill in the camping area which everyone is free to use. I will also have coolers with ice to keep things fresh. ADV coffee is being donated again this year!

Bonfire:
I will be hosting a bonfire again this year. Last year we had a great turnout and lots of food. Keep in mind the city will be putting on a LOT of activities. There will be flat track racing, stunting, drag racing, and more. Since many folks will not be here during the week leading up to the race I will again hold the bonfire Saturday (August 17th) before the race. If you want to attend other activities the bonfire will probably still be going on when you return. For those that want to attend I will be asking for donations so I can put out a spread. Last year we had burgers, brats, hotdogs, salmon, potato salad, chips, veggies, not to mention beer.

Bathrooms: Last year there were nowhere near enough donations for a port-o-let so I'm thinking it will be the same this year. (They are very expensive around here that weekend, go figure). As always the trees and the creek are available. In the past there has never been a problem and I don't anticipate one this year either. People are welcome to come to the house to do their business. There are very nice pay showers at the track as well for those who want them. There is also a truck stop one exit away that was utilized last year for showers.

Race Day:
I will not be attending the race this year, however, I can still lead a bunch of folks to the track on Race Day if it is necessary. The track is less then 10 miles from my home and we made it last year in under 20 minutes. I know a few shortcuts to skip a great deal of the traffic.

If you are coming please post here and I'll try to make a list. I'll also answer any questions. If folks want to donate for the bonfire and cookout early my paypal account is eli at differnet dot org. If I have enough attendees (and donations) I will rent a port-o-let for the camping area.

Hope to see you here!
-GW
Old 07-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
brooks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Laugh

Awesome! I'm riding down from Traverse City Mi, I have a place to stay but wouldn't mind hanging out and chillin and grilling. Hope to see you then!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
biscuit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
A day at the races

I'll be coming out to the races with my son (who will be TRAILERING his bike for all of our enjoyment). He likes to stay at the track - would it be poor form to show up at your spread on Sunday night?

Thanks!
biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
dirtfarmerrich
Richard

Oddometer: 97
Indy GP

I'll be there , thanks for the hospitality.
dirtfarmerrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
I'll be coming out to the races with my son (who will be TRAILERING his bike for all of our enjoyment). He likes to stay at the track - would it be poor form to show up at your spread on Sunday night?

Thanks!
Not poor form at all. After spending a couple nights at the track you might just decide to stay. There never is a quiet moment at the track, parties go all night.

-GW
Old 08-09-2013, 05:01 AM   #6
biscuit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
We'll be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
Not poor form at all. After spending a couple nights at the track you might just decide to stay. There never is a quiet moment at the track, parties go all night.

-GW
Thank you for your hospitality
biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

The bonfire is going to be huge this year. I've been gathering deadfall all day and I'm already above 13 feet.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
brewski83
JUST SPIT ON IT

Oddometer: 414
This is awesome GrayWolf! I'm coming up to Mid-America Speedway at the Marion County Fairgrounds to watch the Bultaco Flat Track race on Friday and then of course the Indy Mile on Saturday. Will probably see you Friday night!
brewski83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
2kool2be4gotten
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Mr. Wolf, A couple of us from Ontario plan on arriving Saturday afternoon, departing Monday morning. Thanks of the invitation. Brent
Old 08-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #10
1LIFE2LIVE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,025
GrayWolf and his family are GREAT Folks

Riding buddies & I have Enjoyed their hospitality twice for the GP races = THANKS

1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #11
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,062
I'm one of the Ontario guys...see you Saturday GrayWolf.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #12
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Looking forward to it. I'll be doing a final mow on Wednesday. It has been a very wet summer so the bonfire is ON

I've got a space for campfires this year as well so anyone arriving early can enjoy a little fire Thursday or Friday. I ended up with so much wood that I didn't put it all on the bonfire. Might have to load up a second one after the first burns down.

Attendance seems like it will be close to last years, still lower then previous years.

I'm excited to see everyone,
-GW
Old 08-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #13
lost_too
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
2 more coming

Thanks Graywolf. I was there a few years ago. I should be there Saturday
lost_too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Usually no one arrives on Wednesday although traffic was horrible today. If you make it in today I ended up going into the office. Just set up camp in back and I'll see you when I get home.

-GW
Old 08-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #15
brooks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Camping

Graywolf,
+2 for camping! We will be there Friday night and leaving Monday morning. Thanks again for the hospitality and look forward to meeting you. We are hitting the GP on Sat for qualifying and Sunday for races and then on to Black Sabbath!!! so we wont be around much on Sunday but we will be there for the bonfire, grill and hangout! See you then, PM me if we need to get in touch with you personally before we get there or if we just show up. Probably getting there later in the evening on Friday around 11 since we are not riding down till after we get off work.