User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
BikersBroker OP
Bike Week America

Oddometer: 1
Thumb Rider Safety and Taking Action

I've always been ready to help my fellow man, whether it's on 2 wheels or 4 wheels, and have a bunch of medical training to make a bad scene better. I just didn't feel organized to do it correctly. Or know what to have on-hand.

I found a course that teaches what to do, presented in everyday English I can understand, and it changed how I ride. I'm wondering if YOU are ready to act when a fellow rider goes down? I was intrigued to see there is a course ALL drivers can learn what to do and it's called Accident Scene Management, A Crash Course for Bikers (and those who love them)

I was SO intrigued by the way the course lays out, in order, the things it takes to prevent further injury to not just the patient but for yourself as a first responder. SO intrigued I went out and got certified to TEACH IT!

What are YOU doing to tend to the ones who happen to go down? What do you carry? What do you usually do when it happens on your watch? If you don't have a good idea what to do, I'd love to connect you to our classes.

I am in Chicagoland and have a class every first Saturday of every month at Cabela's in Hoffman Estates. The basic and advanced courses will teach you how to protect yourself (legally, too) how to assess the scene, contacting Emergency Services (and the challenges this presents) and how to treat a rider when time is critical and when no one else is around.

Email me at Dan@BikeWeekAmerica (I have a Biker-Oriented TV show on Tuesdays) and I will help you find a class near you.
BikersBroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,722
Question:
I was thinking about getting EMT certified when I was spending a lot of time at MX tracks a few years back. I was counseled to reconsider as it put me in a legally liable place. Not wanting to put myself at financial risk for wanting to help someone I may not know out, I backed off this plan. I still think it's a worthy idea for someone you know, but what are your thoughts on this from a legal/liability standpoint?

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote