Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
Aussie Trev OP
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,214
Flinders Ranges Classic VI - 2013

FLINDERS RANGES CLASSIC VI – 2013

Dates:
From Thursday 4th April 2013 until Monday 8th April 2013 (and anything in-between or either side of that to suit yourselves). These dates do not clash with school holidays, Mother’s Day or Easter.

Angorichina Tourist Village, Parachilna Gorge, between Parachilna and Blinman, Northern Flinders Ranges, South Australia. http://www.angorichinavillage.com.au/

We have the entire facility booked out to us.

The Village has PULP, ULP, Diesel, workshop, booze, groceries, quality frozen meat packs, and anything a traveller could need.

Getting There:
The Village is in the middle of the Parachilna Gorge which runs east-west between Blinman and Parachilna.

Coming from south, you should get to Hawker and then take either the road to Parachilna (quickest) or the scenic drive passed Wilpena Pound into Blinman.

There is bitumen all the way to Blinman these days so apart from the 15 or 17 kms on gravel in the Gorge, it’s easy driving. I sometimes take a two-wheel drive ute. Wet weather can severely change the access to the Gorge road, from either end, as it turns to absolute slush after a big downpour.

Adventurers who ride there from all parts of Australia, will no doubt work out a route which suits them. If you’re looking for any advice on routes, please post up your query and hopefully someone will have a suggestion for you to ponder.

Accommodation:

Cabins are available but are not for too long – it is prime accommodation, there is limited availability and they go quickly. They can sleep up to 6-8 people (depending) and should be booked direct with Dave or Caroline at the Village by phone 08 86484842. PS. Dave already has the dates and I believe that a small number of cabins have already been taken. These come with linen but check with Dave. The cabins are priced at between $125 and $150 a night for two people and then another $35 per night per extra person.

Dormitory with around 40 beds is available. This is the centre for most entertainment, both organised and otherwise. There are rooms of 4’s, 6’s and 8’s and one room with 12 in it I think. You can book an entire room with me if you want to be with your mates. It has a walk in cold room, commercial kitchen, outside fire pit area with two BBQ’s. There are ample male and female ablution facilities. Dave supplies some firewood but we will be sourcing a large amount of railway sleepers from near Parachilna (volunteers requested to pick up enroute to the Classic or do a pick up on Thursday or Friday sometime). Dorm beds cost $24 per night.

These beds are bare rubber covered mattresses with no pillows or linen. Riding jackets (pillow) and sleeping bags have been known to suffice. Maybe bring ear plugs too!

Camping is abundant with powered and non-powered sites available. The setting is idyllic and some people put a lot of time into setting up there little area. The 2012 Classic even had one set-up with a full bar, miracle boxes and 24/7 ice cold ales.

Camping costs $12 a night per person for a non powered site, $14 a head for powered sites.

I will take the bookings on this site for the Dorm and Camping, but Cabins must be booked with Dave/Caroline and deposits paid. No deposits are required for dormitory or camping.

DISCLAIMER
Those involved in the organisation of the weekend DO NOT ORGANISE OR ARRANGE ANY RIDES ON MOTORCYCLES, nor do we suggest any particular rides, or offer any advice on conditions or what might suit you and your experience as a rider. We have no expertise in those areas and you are advised that all decisions you make about rides you take, the people who advise you, places you go, bikes you ride or the level of expertise required to do so, are all your own. In fact, it is purely up to yourselves if you wish to bring motorcycles as it is not a condition of entry. The Flinders is a great place to explore in a 4WD too! All risk is your own.

The organisers arrange the location of the get-together, and the collection of small amounts of money for the Childhood Cancer Association for a combined donation.

PIZZA NIGHT
At this stage it is intended to attend a ‘get-together’ at the Blinman Hotel on the Friday night. The hotel does wood oven pizzas and the beer flows. Dave from the Ango Village runs his bus the 15 kms into Blinman and back for a donation (about $5 each way) towards the Childhood Cancer kitty but you can make your own way if you want. We recommend that safe driving decisions are made and that if driving in the area that a nominated driver be responsible for transport.

TROPHY NIGHT
Saturday night at Ango is the trophy night for which we put on a BBQ and some of the best homemade beers around. These are fantastic nights and if the weather Gods are with us is one of the highlights of the Classic. Everyone is asked to participate in this night and the cost is $25 per head. For that you get as much food as you can eat (sliced steaks, snags, coleslaw, potato salad, onions, bread and sauces), a large amount of some of the finest beers, ales and porters I’ve ever tasted (which are FREE and not included in the donation), and watch the p*ss being taken out of your mates during presentations.

I take advice from participants regarding various acts over the weekend and there are a number of trophies distributed for a number of things. This can get funny....

All profits from this night, the bus rides and the Stubby Holder sales go to Childhood Cancer and it is expected that a representative from the foundation will be present during the Classic. Last year raised $2100 and a letter of appreciation was received from the foundation.

This is NOT a male only event, and anyone can attend. They need to be not easily offended by language or behaviour as there is a good chance that Kipo might be attending, but on the bright side the chances are that he’ll be asleep around a fire somewhere quite early each night.

This is a fun event with very little organised activity other than Friday and Saturday nights, so turn up, get together with some others, and do your thing.

For what it’s worth, some mates and I will be bringing some motorcycles and look forward to experiencing what the Flinders Ranges has to offer to those on two wheels........

There are many amongst us who have a wide appreciation of the Flinders and what the area has to offer tourists, so if you are looking to extend your trip and do some exploring, beyond the Classic, please ask.

Lastly, Dave and Caroline bend over backwards to help us accommodate everyone for this get together and we try to respect their facility and their efforts. Please look after the Village during your stay.

So, are you coming, or what??

If booking I will need to know what accommodation you seek, your user name and what nights you will be there.

FULL ACCOMMODATION LISTS ARE FOUND AT THIS LOCATION ON DBW...

Check out Post #2 http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...=1#post1481282

"Just having a crack"

Aussie Trev screwed with this post 12-25-2012 at 03:20 PM
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
Aussie Trev OP
aka DRTrev

Previous Ride Reports

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=91645

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=79854

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=69397

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=58109

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=43136

"Just having a crack"
Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
icebergstu
Husqvarna Tragic

Oddometer: 468
In Like FLYN...

Camping

Stu

icebergstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
Aussie Trev OP
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergstu View Post
In Like FLYN...

Camping

Stu
Quick off the mark Stu. Friday Saturday & Sunday nights??

"Just having a crack"
Old 09-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
icebergstu
Husqvarna Tragic

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev View Post
Quick off the mark Stu. Friday Saturday & Sunday nights??
Friday and Saturday nights only...

How could anyone miss a FC.

Ride of the year!!!

Stu

icebergstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
PBee

Oddometer: 8,374
I think I'll have one of those new units with the view...

After all, I don't want to mix with the rabble............................

QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #7
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 666
Hi TJ. Well done to get it started early.
Put me down for Friday and Saturday camping (avoid getting so many complaints about the snoring)
Looking forward to it.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #8
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 666
"After all, I don't want to mix with the rabble............................"

Why break the habit of a lifetime???
Old 09-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #9
Aussie Trev OP
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
I think I'll have one of those new units with the view...

After all, I don't want to mix with the rabble............................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backonthebike View Post
Hi TJ. Well done to get it started early.
Put me down for Friday and Saturday camping (avoid getting so many complaints about the snoring)
Looking forward to it.
Cheers guys.

"Just having a crack"
Old 09-24-2012, 01:49 AM   #10
senfiddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergstu View Post

Ride of the year!!!
Really? I thought it was just a piss up. I might have to consider it this time.

Cheers,
Graeme
Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 AM   #11
ktmman1503
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Can you put me down as tentative ... Have to try and get time off work around that time.

Camping.

I have been to the Flinders a few times and love the place.

Would be riding from Frankston Vic.

Cheers.

Craig
ktmman1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:34 AM   #12
barneyrubble
Just tired

Oddometer: 442
Put me down for FSS in the dorm. If there's a spare bed in one of the cabins that'd be cool ie preferred . If not the dorms are fine.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:47 AM   #13
Aussie Trev OP
aka DRTrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmman1503 View Post
Can you put me down as tentative ... Have to try and get time off work around that time.

Camping.

I have been to the Flinders a few times and love the place.

Would be riding from Frankston Vic.

Cheers.

Craig
No probs Craig, if you could let us know if the plans fail it would be appreciated. What nights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyrubble View Post
Put me down for FSS in the dorm. If there's a spare bed in one of the cabins that'd be cool ie preferred . If not the dorms are fine.
See how things go Neil, a cabin option may open up.

cheers

"Just having a crack"
Old 09-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
ktmman1503
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

I hope to get there for the Saturday & Sunday Night(s).... I can stay somewhere else if needed.... so don't worry too much.

I assume an Adventure Bike is ok... riding a ktm 990.

Cheers.

Craig.
ktmman1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
emuooz
Tyre Rooter

Oddometer: 346
Trev you had better pencil Ozzie and myself in for the dorm TFSS thanks Emu :)

Full Member......Quorn Schnitzel Club
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...mUP17SaZA5QYc5
emuooz is offline   Reply With Quote