ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #181
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillum View Post
"We don't do alcohol breaks on my rides, if thats your thing, stick to your ride and drink crew."

ALERT: A little pot stirring is coming up.

What if I'm recovering from an injury and taking meds...what grain limit am I allowed to medicate with before I'm not allowed? What if I only drink two beers and they are 12% alcohol? What if I piss in a northerly direction but you only ride with people who piss in a southerly direction? What if you only ride with people who have crew cuts and a concealed weapon permit? If I show you some cop identification does that mean I can drink more than the allotted beer under your stern eye?
I think I am beginning to get a clearer picture why cops only hang with cops, it's all about control bro. No problems, I have no interest in being TOLD what to do and forced what to do, so as you say, I'll hang with "my" crew. You know, the freedom crew, where you can do anything you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Imagine that sh1t. I'm sure there are a few who would like to stomp their fascist boot in my face, the same freedom loving, truth, and justice folks that is. Do you hate me for my freedoms?
I don't have a "crew" specifically set out or apart. I ride with anyone who has a love for riding, AND a non-judgmental attitude. All are welcome, even the haters. You can't hate someone once you see them as equal human beings....yes, even the beer drinking riders. With all that said, I'd still help any one of you out there if ya needed my assistance.
That must have been some killer bud you toked up before you pounded out your half assed rant stoney.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #182
Off Limits
Banned

Oddometer: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillum View Post
"We don't do alcohol breaks on my rides, if thats your thing, stick to your ride and drink crew."

ALERT: A little pot stirring is coming up.

What if I'm recovering from an injury and taking meds...what grain limit am I allowed to medicate with before I'm not allowed? What if I only drink two beers and they are 12% alcohol? What if I piss in a northerly direction but you only ride with people who piss in a southerly direction? What if you only ride with people who have crew cuts and a concealed weapon permit? If I show you some cop identification does that mean I can drink more than the allotted beer under your stern eye?
I think I am beginning to get a clearer picture why cops only hang with cops, it's all about control bro. No problems, I have no interest in being TOLD what to do and forced what to do, so as you say, I'll hang with "my" crew. You know, the freedom crew, where you can do anything you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Imagine that sh1t. I'm sure there are a few who would like to stomp their fascist boot in my face, the same freedom loving, truth, and justice folks that is. Do you hate me for my freedoms?
I don't have a "crew" specifically set out or apart. I ride with anyone who has a love for riding, AND a non-judgmental attitude. All are welcome, even the haters. You can't hate someone once you see them as equal human beings....yes, even the beer drinking riders. With all that said, I'd still help any one of you out there if ya needed my assistance.

Hey! I only rode up with 5 beers. I rode 80 miles door to door, how many beers per mile does that equel mr, soberpants?
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #183
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,118
Hey guys... I think this war has been fought many times before on ADV. Nothing good ever comes of it.

Let's not do it again. It's pointless and just drags the thread and the site down.

If you host a ride... it's your ride... you make the rules. If you don't like the ride host's rules don't go on his ride. But to start an internet soap box war on the subject of drinking and riding [again] is purely pointless. Nobody is gonna change their opinion. So in the end it is nothing more than thread sabotage.

Those that want beer free rides can participate in the thread.
Those that want beer rides can do so as well.

They just don't have to ride together.

Let's keep this thread open to all.

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #184
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 13,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
Hey guys... I think this war has been fought many times before on ADV. Nothing good ever comes of it.

Let's not do it again. It's pointless and just drags the thread and the site down.

If you host a ride... it's your ride... you make the rules. If you don't like the ride host's rules don't go on his ride. But to start an internet soap box war on the subject of drinking and riding [again] is purely pointless. Nobody is gonna change their opinion. So in the end it is nothing more than thread sabotage.

well said Jeff
Old 11-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #185
Off Limits
Banned

Quote:

The point being, we "the fun riders" didn't bring it up or ask stupid questions like, is it ok if we stop for a beer or bong hit? The guy brought it up to make it a point on a public riding forum. We " the fun riders" usually just show up and ride. If we bust out the bong and wanna have a drink, we usually do so while waiting for noobs to catch up.

The guy was trolling while pill popping for crying out loud! Least not forget pot is now prescribable by a Dr. These days. Which makes it ok to use caution while operating machinery until you are comfortable with the effects of the medicine.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #186
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
The point being,.
No... the point is High Desert Plated Dirt Bike Rides !

If you can't see the difference between riding under the influence and typing under the influence I can't help you. What else you gotta do when on pain meds from surgery ?

Anyway... if you just wanna fight go to his house and kick him in his bad knee... or better yet just drop it.

Guests are encouraged.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #187
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for setting the record straight Jeff. This IS all about High Desert Plated rides, nothing more.

I'm not a noob, troll, and certainly no choirboy. But I do expect a certainly level of responsible behavior on any ride I personally organize. What happens on other rides is none of my business.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #188
Off Limits
Banned

Um well, you started the thread. High desert plated dirt bike rides. High as in stoners unite while riding plated dirtbikes in the desert? Am I taking this outta context? And unless I'm wrong, you can't legally plate a dirtbike anymore, so this whole thread is promoting illegal rides on illegal bikes. Unless they were plated before 2001? Am I correct? So let's just all calm down and have fun with this friendly Internet banter between riders who all love to ride.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #189
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:
Um well, you started the thread. High desert plated dirt bike rides. High as in stoners unite while riding plated dirtbikes in the desert? Am I taking this outta context? And unless I'm wrong, you can't legally plate a dirtbike anymore, so this whole thread is promoting illegal rides on illegal bikes. Unless they were plated before 2001? Am I correct? So let's just all calm down and have fun with this friendly Internet banter between riders who all love to ride.
I am curious... does anyone find these kind of posts entertaining ? Does it make this thread more fun ? Is this the kind of post that makes you wanna subscribe to the thread and come back again... and again ? Cause I see it as pure litter in the road. But if I am wrong and this is what you guys all want just let me know.

Guests are encouraged.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #190
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,307
Quote:
Quote:
I am curious... does anyone find these kind of posts entertaining ? Does it make this thread more fun ? Is this the kind of post that makes you wanna subscribe to the thread and come back again... and again ? Cause I see it as pure litter in the road. But if I am wrong and this is what you guys all want just let me know.

he's been watching a lot of House Wives of Orange County lately.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #191
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Hopefully someday you'll figure out how to act like a grown man. But I doubt it.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #192
Off Limits
Banned

It would be like if we posted a ride, but said if you don't drink you can't come. This is 2012, you might as well just say whites only if you want to single out a group of people. Would that be ok?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #193
Off Limits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
he's been watching a lot of House Wives of Orange County lately.
I don't think that's started yet. I'll ask my wife when she gets home later if they had the camera crew at the dinner party tonight.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #194
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
It would be like if we posted a ride, but said if you don't drink you can't come. This is 2012, you might as well just say whites only if you want to single out a group of people. Would that be ok?
What would make you think I'm white?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #195
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:

Guests are encouraged.