ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #76
cbig
Rift- Raft, SCooter Trash

Oddometer: 863
cant do dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
My next free weekend is Dec 3 to add a new ride to my personal calendar. Anyone from the area wanna pencil that in ?

I will also be riding Red Mountain/Spangler Pre-TDay Nov 17-21 if anyone wants to head up that way.

Death valley trip
Old 10-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #77
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbig View Post
Death valley trip
Don't need to know the 400 that can't make it... just the 5 that can !

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #78
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
December 3rd is a monday.I can put a good ride together around that time period no problem, but not on a Monday. I prefer to ride Fridays and Saturdays, but if the dirts wet Sundays are on for me. Weather will be nice and cool, hopefuuly some rain by then.

I can show you guys one of the spots i ride.

Glenn
Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #79
DirtRider....
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Quote:
My next free weekend is Dec 3 to add a new ride to my personal calendar. Anyone from the area wanna pencil that in ?

I will also be riding Red Mountain/Spangler Pre-TDay Nov 17-21 if anyone wants to head up that way.
Monday dec 3rd is doable...
DirtRider.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #80
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave Mutt View Post
December 3rd is a monday.I can put a good ride together around that time period no problem, but not on a Monday. I prefer to ride Fridays and Saturdays, but if the dirts wet Sundays are on for me. Weather will be nice and cool, hopefuuly some rain by then.

I can show you guys one of the spots i ride.

Glenn
My mistake... meant weekend of Dec 1-2. Can't take Friday after TDay. Also good Dec 7-8-9.

Guests are encouraged.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #81
cbig
Rift- Raft, SCooter Trash

Oddometer: 863
jeff

Check ur pm
Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #82
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 693
Quote:

I'll be in that area Nov 16-19 with a variety of toys at my disposal, I'll check back here when it gets closer.
The Letter J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #83
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Doing a desert ride on Saturday 10/13, either from my house in Apple Valley or nearby. Destination undecided at this point but it will be something fun.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #84
Jellyrug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
You guys rock!!!!

Here in NC, it is really hard to find a road which is not paved. I fly over the Mojave often and when I look out the plane window, I drool over the miles and miles of nothing, with trail lines parting the lands.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #85
junglemototours
trailplug

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Doing a desert ride on Saturday 10/13, either from my house in Apple Valley or nearby. Destination undecided at this point but it will be something fun.
Count me in for this one if you have room.....
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #86
Jeff aka BOLT OP
Prefer Saturdays

Quote:
Which way you headed ? I am supposed to be in Stoddard off SWR 3 miles in from Dale Evans. My group is not stepping up yet this season so I expect a boring turnout. I hate to cancel the dates but no one could fault me for disappearing Sat morning and getting lost in the desert with Glenn.

Guests are encouraged.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #87
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemototours View Post
Count me in for this one if you have room.....
Come on out its been awhile John.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #88
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Riding from home.

Probably head northwest through Oro Grande, Helendale, and out to Shadow Mtn area as far west as Hi Vista north of Lake LA. Fuel at Silverlakes/Helendale.

Ride has everything, including lots of singletrack west of 395. Nothing technical, just fun flowing type riding. There will be sand and sand washes. Powerline roads and some pavement will also be included.

The route is not set in stone, but weather looks to be great for anywhere in the desert.

My son came home from school last night for a couple days. We're heading out mid morning for Ridgecrest so he can race the Viewfinders Classic Scrambles. Gonna be and awesome day.

Lots of race trips for us this month, 21st up to Red Mountain for the Ghost Rider Enduro, and the 28th in Lucerne for the 100's MC National Hare and Hound. I aint racin, I'm the team manager, crew chief, and cash flow guy!!
Thank god my son has been fortunate to pick up some good sponsors for 2013 to help with his race budget.

When the weather really cools off anyone want to ride the old Barstow to Vegas race course from I-15 and Minneola to Rasor Rd for gas, then back to Barstow via Afton Canyon? I'll blow you away with the route I have out there.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #89
jdbski
old but getting younger

Oddometer: 443
Newbie to the desert

Can anybody give some advice to a newly relocated east coast gs rider on where to ride some two track around palm springs area? Nothing too difficult for a 500 pound dirt bike to handle.
jdbski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #90
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,108
Quote:
Riding from home.

Probably head northwest through Oro Grande, Helendale, and out to Shadow Mtn area as far west as Hi Vista north of Lake LA. Fuel at Silverlakes/Helendale.

Ride has everything, including lots of singletrack west of 395. Nothing technical, just fun flowing type riding. There will be sand and sand washes. Powerline roads and some pavement will also be included.

The route is not set in stone, but weather looks to be great for anywhere in the desert.

My son came home from school last night for a couple days. We're heading out mid morning for Ridgecrest so he can race the Viewfinders Classic Scrambles. Gonna be and awesome day.

Lots of race trips for us this month, 21st up to Red Mountain for the Ghost Rider Enduro, and the 28th in Lucerne for the 100's MC National Hare and Hound. I aint racin, I'm the team manager, crew chief, and cash flow guy!!
Thank god my son has been fortunate to pick up some good sponsors for 2013 to help with his race budget.

When the weather really cools off anyone want to ride the old Barstow to Vegas race course from I-15 and Minneola to Rasor Rd for gas, then back to Barstow via Afton Canyon? I'll blow you away with the route I have out there.
all new stuff to me, weather is gonna be primo both rides sound great! Keep us posted I'll pm ya for details if my plans firm up