Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #31
Kbdakar OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
OK Washington was cold and wet, so I left.

I began the 101 down the coast of Oregon to California.

I don't think I've ridden above 50 degrees in 3 or 4 days. It's cold, windy, the roads are wet ugh.

I made it to Eureka CA, and plan to take it slow down the coast to San Diego, staying in San Fancisco along the way.

All the fishing towns have been pretty cool in southern Oregon.

Kbdakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #32
qfcracing - martini
qfcracing martini

Oddometer: 1
Picked This Guy Up in San Diego

So I was pulling into my parking garage coming back from a meeting earlier today in Downtown San Diego and I saw this guy on this sweet old GS parked outside my office catching some shade. Of course I approached him and a few second later offered to let him stay overnight and have some liberation. He has been traveling across the United States for the past three weeks and seems like he is a really cool guy. Kurt - your a great guy and Rachelle, Willson Porter (LTCMD USN), Miss Tahoe Water Bear, Marley and the entire Little Italy neighboorhood wish you the best of travels man. Great bike and good luck. Cheers, Steve Martini

P.S Picture to Follow
qfcracing - martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #33
Kbdakar OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qfcracing - martini View Post
So I was pulling into my parking garage coming back from a meeting earlier today in Downtown San Diego and I saw this guy on this sweet old GS parked outside my office catching some shade. Of course I approached him and a few second later offered to let him stay overnight and have some liberation. He has been traveling across the United States for the past three weeks and seems like he is a really cool guy. Kurt - your a great guy and Rachelle, Willson Porter (LTCMD USN), Miss Tahoe Water Bear, Marley and the entire Little Italy neighboorhood wish you the best of travels man. Great bike and good luck. Cheers, Steve Martini

P.S Picture to Follow

Steve, I can't thank you enough. I hope to be able to return the favor one day when you head east. What a great way to experience the city. This was a much needed break from all the travel and time to think about my next step. Rachelle is a wonderful girl, she encouraged my "big trip" I've been thinking about... Maybe next time will be 6 months or a year? We could always ride Yukon in spring?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #34
Kbdakar OP
Adventurer

Well it's been a few days, when I last updated I was in southern Oregon riding the Oregon coast hwy (1) and then into California to ride the whole coast down to San Diego where I am now.

I have spent 5 days riding the coast and it has been great, the California coast is amazing. I rode the redwood forest along the Ave of Giants. Everyone should do this.

This is how I am meant to live.

Kbdakar screwed with this post 10-18-2012 at 09:53 AM
Old 10-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #35
Kbdakar OP
Adventurer

Since I was fortunate to meet some great people in San Diego I stayed for a few extra days. My travel and mode of transportation have changed and I am now on a flight to Hawaii, though the BMW is staying in CA. I have a ton of pictures to still ad so I'll catch up with a few action shots thanks to my GoPro and make shift tripod(rocks, tree stumps etc.)

Old 10-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #36
Kbdakar OP
Adventurer

Day one...so long ago.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #37
JamesM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Happy Birthday Kurt! Where is our update?
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote